Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started my journey FINALLY!

Hi! This is my first post! My name is Raven and I'm 5'8 and 315 pounds. I had my first appointment last Friday and went over my insurance and hospital requirements. I'm required to do 6 months of watched dieting and weigh ins. Plus a whole other list of stuff like a sleep study, get cleared by a psychiatrist and take 3 hours worth of computer personality tests, have an exercise evaluation, see a nutritionist monthly, get my lungs and heart checked, and more. It feels like so much stuff (worth it of course) but the 6 months wait feels like lifetime! But I've been fat my whole life so I guess it's doable. They said my goal weight as far as they are concerned is 198 because that would be me out of the obese marker. I can't believe the process is started!

Welcome and good luck to you. I'm a newbie myself to this site. There is so much helpful information here that can help you on your weight loss journey .

Well welcome to you. Raven you're about the weight I was at my surgery 4 months ago and I have lost 50 pounds, I am also 5ft8in but a whole lot older. I turned 73 the Day after Christmas, so just about the oldest on Bariatric Pal, makes not much difference, because I have all the joys and much of the trials of everyone else. I am a RnY bypass but I know a lot of the other procedures, especially the VSG and ESG. Is there any questions you would answered, anything I can help with? I had a very good surgery and wish that for everyone else. I live in Central Ohio, about 50 miles NE of the hospital where I had my surgery.

Hi! This is my first post! My name is Raven and I'm 5'8 and 315 pounds. I had my first appointment last Friday and went over my insurance and hospital requirements. I'm required to do 6 months of watched dieting and weigh ins. Plus a whole other list of stuff like a sleep study, get cleared by a psychiatrist and take 3 hours worth of computer personality tests, have an exercise evaluation, see a nutritionist monthly, get my lungs and heart checked, and more. It feels like so much stuff (worth it of course) but the 6 months wait feels like lifetime! But I've been fat my whole life so I guess it's doable. [emoji23] They said my goal weight as far as they are concerned is 198 because that would be me out of the obese marker. I can't believe the process is started!

Congrats.. I just did my first post like 4 days ago looking for some understanding to what to.come my surgery will be Feb 6

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck! I'm sure it will fly back. I started my process the beginning of November and am having surgery on Thursday. Thankfully my insurance didn't require the 6 month wait! In the meantime, you'll find a lot of information and encouragement around here.

Hi! This is my first post! My name is Raven and I'm 5'8 and 315 pounds. I had my first appointment last Friday and went over my insurance and hospital requirements. I'm required to do 6 months of watched dieting and weigh ins. Plus a whole other list of stuff like a sleep study, get cleared by a psychiatrist and take 3 hours worth of computer personality tests, have an exercise evaluation, see a nutritionist monthly, get my lungs and heart checked, and more. It feels like so much stuff (worth it of course) but the 6 months wait feels like lifetime! But I've been fat my whole life so I guess it's doable. They said my goal weight as far as they are concerned is 198 because that would be me out of the obese marker. I can't believe the process is started!

The 6 months will pass faster then you realize and it will pass regardless of whether you do anything or not. BTW I too am 5'8 and also 315. Your bariatric clinics will keep you on track with getting everything done so you won't be out floating around on your own.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using BariatricPal mobile app

And I also am 5ft8 and was 319 on my surgery day September 5th 2018. Small world, isn't it? Now in 260s almost 5 months out.

The 6 months will pass faster then you realize and it will pass regardless of whether you do anything or not. BTW I too am 5'8 and also 315. Your bariatric clinics will keep you on track with getting everything done so you won't be out floating around on your own.

Have you had surgery yet?

Sent from my LML713DL using BariatricPal mobile app

It does seem daunting, but don’t get discouraged. Gotta say tho I’ve never heard of having to do a computer personality test. However, it is a lot but sooooo worth it. GOOD LUCK!

It does seem daunting, but don’t get discouraged. Gotta say tho I’ve never heard of having to do a computer personality test. However, it is a lot but sooooo worth it. GOOD LUCK!
I think it's just the written test put on the computer.

Have you had surgery yet?

Sent from my LML713DL using BariatricPal mobile app

No. I turned in my application packet Dec 18th was accepted Jan 20 the saw the surgeon Jan 16th had my psych eval Jan 17th and have my psych eval review today. Things are moving along and it looks like I'm going to have a late March surgery date

Hi Raven and welcome I am a newbie also.

I stated my journey in October. The time will go by fast, I myself have been overwhelm with the series of tests but like everyone said it will be be well worth it. I have a few more test and I am hoping to be approved for March or April.

6 months will flyby I feel like I just started my 6 months and they’re already over and I’m having my surgery on February 13th...good luck to you

Congrats to starting your journey!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app