Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone get a March date yet?

19 minutes ago, Pug-Mom-Patti said:

Recidivist, you’re not alone...I’ve had a few goodbye parties but I’m ready to be done and start shakes on Friday.

I started shakes on Monday, so just finishing day 3. I still haven't had headaches nor felt particularly hungry. I have seen and smelled some of my favorite foods and would have loved to eat them, but I think that was more head hunger than actual hunger.

Edited by Recidivist

I just received the date of my sleeve to RNY revision. I will go in on Monday 3/11 and am very excited and hopeful for this surgery. Anyone else get a March date?
March 12th here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using BariatricPal mobile app

On 2/20/2019 at 10:30 AM, claricey said:

We have almost identical stats!! We definitely need to stick together on this journey! Are you on a 2 week pre-op diet as well?? I'm buying all my Protein this week and making sure I purchase the correct Vitamins. Getting SO excited!

Claricey, how are you doing? I started Protein Shakes today, how about you? Seems like it is going to be a long 2 weeks!

I’m Having my lap and revision to a sleeve on Monday, March 11 also

I’ve completed 6 days of my liquid diet and am down 13 pounds so far! So happy. After day 3, I really turned the corner and feel great. Smells of certain foods have made me want the food, but it’s an emotion not an actual hunger. Trying to recognize that.

16 minutes ago, NeedsTheBeach said:

Claricey, how are you doing? I started Protein Shakes today, how about you? Seems like it is going to be a long 2 weeks!

I'm on week 2 of Protein Shakes, and it's going well. I found it was fairly easy during the week when I was at work and distracted by other things. The weekend, however, was a bit rough because there's no structure to the day and I often eat out of boredom. I also went to the grocery store with a friend, and that's the first time I had cravings since starting this.

2 minutes ago, HunterJsMom said:

I’ve completed 6 days of my liquid diet and am down 13 pounds so far! So happy. After day 3, I really turned the corner and feel great. Smells of certain foods have made me want the food, but it’s an emotion not an actual hunger. Trying to recognize that.

I'm down 13 pounds after the first week! And I completely understand what you are saying about the smell of food! The smell of bacon in our house on Sunday drove me mad.

Awesome! For me it was fried chicken on the boat yesterday lol. It’s what we always eat at the sandbar, and I couldn’t. I will gladly be 13 pounds lighter instead.

5 hours ago, Recidivist said:

I'm on week 2 of Protein Shakes, and it's going well. I found it was fairly easy during the week when I was at work and distracted by other things. The weekend, however, was a bit rough because there's no structure to the day and I often eat out of boredom. I also went to the grocery store with a friend, and that's the first time I had cravings since starting this.

This is day one for me, so I'm feeling a little empty. Luckily my week one allows for a lean meal everyday. Week 2 is hardcore shakes only.

On 02/25/2019 at 11:44, NeedsTheBeach said:

It will but we got this! Day one and it got rough around dinner but we made it!!! I’m allowed a small bit of lean Protein along with all the salad and vegetables so that helped a lot! On to day 2!

Hi - This is my first post here but I’m thrilled to be joining this group with a VSG date of 3/4!! Today is day 8 of my 14 day liver cleanse diet which is mostly Protein Shakes, unlimited veggies and 1 small no-carb, low fat meal. I’m SO excited for next Monday! I’ve been struggling to get this surgery date approved by insurance (Aetna) since June. It’s been a LONG road so far and I’m psyched for the challenges ahead. 😊

14 minutes ago, cmaule said:

Hi - This is my first post here but I’m thrilled to be joining this group with a VSG date of 3/4!! Today is day 8 of my 14 day liver cleanse diet which is mostly Protein Shakes, unlimited veggies and 1 small no-carb, low fat meal. I’m SO excited for next Monday! I’ve been struggling to get this surgery date approved by insurance (Aetna) since June. It’s been a LONG road so far and I’m psyched for the challenges ahead. 😊

Hi, Cmaule. I'm also up on March 4, for gastric bypass. I'm also on day 8 of the liver cleanse diet, although my doctor allows only Protein shakes--no solid food whatsoever. And I also have have Aetna as my insurance company. The didn't approve the surgery right away and made me jump through several more hoops before they finally said yes (about two weeks ago). I feel like I have waited a long time for this and I'm excited that the day is almost here.

Hi Recidivist! Looks like we are date buddies and Aetna buddies. 😊 Yeah I worked through my entire checklist, every single test and dietician visit back in November just for Aetna to tell me that my Surgeon didn’t operate at an “Institution of Excellence” or some crap so I had to find a new surgeon at a new hospital in the next state over. Luckily I only had to repeat 2 dietician appointments, the psych evaluation and some bloodwork. Like I said, it’s been a long road but I’m all scheduled for Monday at 7AM now!

17 minutes ago, cmaule said:

Hi Recidivist! Looks like we are date buddies and Aetna buddies. 😊 Yeah I worked through my entire checklist, every single test and dietician visit back in November just for Aetna to tell me that my Surgeon didn’t operate at an “Institution of Excellence” or some crap so I had to find a new surgeon at a new hospital in the next state over. Luckily I only had to repeat 2 dietician appointments, the psych evaluation and some bloodwork. Like I said, it’s been a long road but I’m all scheduled for Monday at 7AM now!

I'm also at 7:00 a.m next Monday (have to be at the hospital at 5:30). I just have one more meeting with my surgeon on Wednesday, and then nothing more until game day!

I had the "Center of Excellence" issue with Aetna as well, but my surgeon said they had a work-around and dealt with Aetna directly about it. I don't know what she did, but I'm happy with the result.

I'm in Washington DC--where are you located?