Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

I dunno.... Hair loss for me seems to have actually amplified this last month.
Also in that same time period I had a 10 pound loss month and I haven’t had one of those since April.
At the end of the day I guess I’ll take the 10 pound month and be satisfied with continued hair loss. It wouldn’t be so scary if someone could promise me that eventually most (I’m not even asking for all) could come back in a few months

On 08/13/2019 at 20:56, EmzBee said:

It's my surgiversary tomorrow and I've lost 75% of my excess weight!
Setting a new goal of 69kgs, which would mark losing HALF of my bodyweight.

Wishing us all continuing happiness and success IMG20190814125021.jpeg received_1195030057333517.jpeg

Sent from my CPH1719 using BariatricPal mobile app

Looking FABULOUS!!!

Love that you’re at the gym too

So here is a pic I took Monday am: it’s hard to tell from the photo, but these pants are practically hanging off of me now.
These are the same pants that I had to tug and pull over my hips and hold my breath in to zip up on June 20th on my anniversary when hubs and I went out to dinner. That’s such a massive change in just 6-7 weeks and about 15 pounds difference between the dates.

As of Sunday am (last time I stepped on the scale ) I’m at 170.6 pound— down from my surgery day weight of 246 and my all-time high back in 2008 of 274.
Staggering to think I’m down over 100 pounds from the most I’ve ever weighed and still thinking I can probably go down another 20-25 pounds over the next 3-5 months.
When I first started seriously considering WLS early last year, I would’ve never imagined in my dream scenario weighing under 175.
It simply wasn’t even fathomable to me. Now I very well could be in the 160’s for all i know, but I still get scared to weigh myself too often, lol.

I’m so happy that we’re all moving into shouting distance of many of our goals.

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

18 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

So here is a pic I took Monday am: it’s hard to tell from the photo, but these pants are practically hanging off of me now.
These are the same pants that I had to tug and pull over my hips and hold my breath in to zip up on June 20th on my anniversary when hubs and I went out to dinner. That’s such a massive change in just 6-7 weeks and about 15 pounds difference between the dates.

As of Sunday am (last time I stepped on the scale ) I’m at 170.6 pound— down from my surgery day weight of 246 and my all-time high back in 2008 of 274.
Staggering to think I’m down over 100 pounds from the most I’ve ever weighed and still thinking I can probably go down another 20-25 pounds over the next 3-5 months.
When I first started seriously considering WLS early last year, I would’ve never imagined in my dream scenario weighing under 175.
It simply wasn’t even fathomable to me. Now I very well could be in the 160’s for all i know, but I still get scared to weigh myself too often, lol.

I’m so happy that we’re all moving into shouting distance of many of our goals.

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

You look so thin! Congrats, you are in the homestretch now!

Screenshot_20190815-001654_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190815-143901_Gallery.jpg

Just now, gabybab said:

Screenshot_20190815-001654_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190815-143901_Gallery.jpg

Sorry, not sure how to reply except this way. Down 75 pounds. I'm so embarrassed to post this, but is therapy. I've never been one to post pictures, so this is out of my comfort zone. Was camping in the second picture so no makeup. Never want to go back to being that heavy again. I feel a 100x better!!

Thanks for posting. Looking GREAT!!!

I have zero idea how to post links to other threads here from my phone, but recently I’ve gotten addicted to a thread here titled OOTD where we post pics of ourselves in whatever outfit we’re wearing for the day. At first I was scared to death to post a pic because I’m not a goal, but then realized that this journey is never truly over and that we should feel good about ourselves no matter if we’ve just started, are halfway there, or have been at goal for 20 years.

It’s about celebrating our awesome selves and finding ways to feel really really good about the positive changes we’re making.
Just in the last couple of weeks I’ve gotten more used to taking full-length selfies other than for the purpose of monthly progress pics and it’s both freeing AND fun.

Way to go! You shouldn't be embarrassed to post...you're looking awesome! Thanks to the rest of you posting photos. I work in a large Federal agency so I run into certain people every few months or so. Today one of these people did not even recognize me. That was a little weird, but it goes to show how dramatic my weight change has been.

I remember going to my first required support group after the surgery and how one guy said he was struggling with wanting to wear big clothes all the time. I thought that was odd, but I get it now. It feels so good to wear shorts that are actually loose and not digging into me. It feels wonderful.

Way to go! You shouldn't be embarrassed to post...you're looking awesome! Thanks to the rest of you posting photos. I work in a large Federal agency so I run into certain people every few months or so. Today one of these people did not even recognize me. That was a little weird, but it goes to show how dramatic my weight change has been.
I remember going to my first required support group after the surgery and how one guy said he was struggling with wanting to wear big clothes all the time. I thought that was odd, but I get it now. It feels so good to wear shorts that are actually loose and not digging into me. It feels wonderful.
I met up with a friend yesterday. She's seen pics of skinny me and saw me three months or so ago... and I was standing right in front of her and she still didn't see me! I could see her scanning around looking for me and I'm like 'umm, hi? I'm right here!' [emoji23]

Sent from my CPH1719 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you. I have a very poor self esteem and looked so unhealthy and my eyes were so swollen. They have gone down a lot. I'm planning to have my under eyes and eyelids done in 2 years when my husband can take from his retirement without penalties. it is a hereditary thing, but its #1 on my list to do to make me feel better.

GOAL!!!!! I am so excited! Can hardly believe it. Still feel that 5 more pounds off would be good, so new goal is 144, It has been 40 years since I have been below 150 and I feel so good. The most amazing thing is to have so much energy and NO JOINT PAIN. Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement in this journey thus far.

PS: So now I have a new problem. Looks like I just got stuck on a saguaro cactus! OUCH! (My ticker.)

Edited by AZhiker

On 08/16/2019 at 07:38, AZhiker said:

GOAL!!!!! I am so excited! Can hardly believe it. Still feel that 5 more pounds off would be good, so new goal is 144, It has been 40 years since I have been below 150 and I feel so good. The most amazing thing is to have so much energy and NO JOINT PAIN. Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement in this journey thus far.

PS: So now I have a new problem. Looks like I just got stuck on a saguaro cactus! OUCH! (My ticker.)

Sooooo exciting.
Very very happy for you that you’ve reached goal so soon.

Lol, I truly hope to join you in 2 months (I’ve got 16 pounds til I hit goal #2– 26 pounds til I hit a ridiculous goal that may or may not happen).

Heading off to my daughters white coat ceremony and this is my OOTD.
I love wearing such fun colors and styles now.
It will almost be a shame when I lose more weight and these clothes no longer fit me

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

SheriBear, I believe you when you say you have more weight to lose. We all know our own bodies better than anyone else (which is why they should all just shut up). However, from an outsider's perspective, you look like you are there! You look fantastic!

I have never minded having to get new clothes when I lose weight, but it's a bit depressing to need new clothes because everything you have is too tight. I'm sure we've all been there!

On 8/16/2019 at 6:38 AM, AZhiker said:

CONGRATULATIONS!! What an amazing achievement!