Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pharmacy issues with getting pain meds filled

I am 6 days post-op and my shoulder has been screaming with pain. I have a torn rotator cuff amongst other tears verified by an MRI. I was given tylenlol 3 and tramadol for the bariatric surgical pain but the shoulder pain cuts through this. I have had issues with my Walmart pharmacist just to get the tylenlol 3 that was prescribed to me. They treat me like a junkie and ask a million questions and act like I should not be given my medication. I was on T3 pills for a week for shoulder pain pre-surgery and then prescribed the liquid T3 after bariatric surgery. I also have bulging discs and bones spurs in my neck and diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Pre-surgery was taking Celebrex and Gabapentin but was told could no longer could take the Celebrex which was most helpful per gastric sleeve and not allowed any Naproxen / Iboprofen type meds. Has anyone else had problems with Walmart Pharmacy and getting your pain medications? Tylenlol 3 is not a very strong pill and yet they treat it like it is heroin. I am so frustrated to have to get the 3rd degree and fight for something my doctor prescribed. Am I the only one that's had any issues? Is it just Walmart?

I dont think Walmart stays stocked for Bariatric patients. I am in Florida and all meds prescribed after sugery, lovenox ( blood thinners) uridisol( Actigall) and my Pepcid I had to wait for. Sometimes days...Every script so far has been discounted because they do not have it in stock, or something with the exception of pepcid which they actually told me to get over the counter because it is cheaper and the same thing.. One more month to go and i should be done with all scripts except B12.

My" Wally" wouldn't honor a script for B12, ended getting mine from Bariatric Pal,and am well-satisfied with their taste, price and quick delivery, almost as fast as arguing with the Wal-Mart pharmacist about why every time Tomkitten or I order they balk on at least 1 prescription. And a new cute trick, PCP writes 6 refills but they only put 3x on the bottles. Caught them red-handed, you see. we both ask for a print-out summary from PCP office and there is clearly noted "6 refills" on Tomkittens meds. And some of his are ones he has taken for 10+ years but we have to wait for them to tell us how they should be taken? Get real, Bozo in the White Jacket, we could give YOU the tutorial!

Change pharmacies, if for nothing other than principle, because the pharmacist should not be giving you the third degree. Unless you are doctor shopping and getting prescriptions from a bunch of different doctors or there is something else that seems shady, they shouldn't be harassing you about your medication. I use CVS and I was given my post op meds (about 3 days worth of Percoset) without issue. In my state prescriptions are filed electronically so that there is no question about whether or not the doctor ordered it, and there is a database for controlled substances. Does your state follow the same protocol?

Yes our State also has that protocol and has a database. This is why I get so floored over being questioned about why I need the
Prescribed medication by the pharmacist and treated as though I were a drug seeker when I am so far from it.

10 hours ago, Swanton_Bomb said:

Change pharmacies, if for nothing other than principle, because the pharmacist should not be giving you the third degree. Unless you are doctor shopping and getting prescriptions from a bunch of different doctors or there is something else that seems shady, they shouldn't be harassing you about your medication. I use CVS and I was given my post op meds (about 3 days worth of Percoset) without issue. In my state prescriptions are filed electronically so that there is no question about whether or not the doctor ordered it, and there is a database for controlled substances. Does your state follow the same protocol?

This. I take Tramadol for my back and CVS had filled both that and Percocet for me without issue.

I agree, change pharmacies