Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap-Band in Upstate NY

Hi All,

The meeting went well and I lost a total of 6 lbs so I am good to go! I am now waiting for them to call me to schedule my MD appt. They are saying it is about 8 weeks from release from nutrition to surgery. Oh boy - another long wait!

How is everyone doing? TJ, HN - how are the bands?

I got the post op plan of 10-14 days of liquids, not sounding too good to me but I know I need it.

Gilta

Hi all

I was unable to find any nutritional counseling in my area. I go May 9th for the counseling at RGH. and May 7th for the psyciatric exam.:eek:Thanks for talking on here it sure helps. Thanks Barbie for the phone number

Hi Gals,

I'm doing ok. I was able to switch to mushies last wednesday. I'd down 20 pounds since surgery. I have asked for an additional week off. I'm walking like Dr D asked but it wipes me out. I had a very bad week last week. I lost my dog from cancer. That set me back a few days. I was up 3 days in a row with him. I'm still sore but healing well. My knees and hips are now hurting from walking so much, and my belly still feels like someone has been punching me. But the incisions are all healed and I get to go back to my scuba class in 2 weeks!

How's everyone else??

Heather.

Heather! I'm glad to hear that you are healing well, but I'm so sorry about your dog! I have 2 and i'm an animal lover so my heart is breaking for you...

Please keep us updated and congrats on being down 20 already! That's great! I'll have lots of questions soon....feel better!

Congratulations on your 20lbs weightloss! That is amazing to lose so much in such a short time!

My condolences on the loss of your dog. Atleast he is no longer suffering.

Heather -

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. They become part of the family and it so hard to lose them.

Congratulations on the weightloss!

Gilta

Thanks all. It's been a hard week with him. If you're interested in what we went thru, his website is Welcome to Oreo's Site!

I do have a new puppy! And I'm home another week so the training and housebreaking has been going good. She doesn't make is any better, but she does help. Her name is Bella and she's a 6 month old Boston terrier.

I'm maintaining my weight on mushies, but I still get very hungry about 8:30pm. I want salty crunchy things! Don't know how to deal with that because Dr said no bread.... oye. We are juicing fruits and veges so I can get everything in. The baked potato Soup reciepe on this site is great!

It's a very cute site...he was adorable!

I'd love to see the new puppy!! Definately not a replacement but I know exactly what you mean by saying that it helps...when we lost Buffy, I had a total meltdown and my parents were talking about adopting this Pit Bull 2 days later. I yelled at them and told them they were crazy.. but 2 days later she came to visit (they treat it like a child adoption) and that was it...now we've had Autumn for 11 years and wouldn't have been ok without her...we also have a 12 year old pug named Chubbs that we got about a year after Autumn...

So how long do you have to stay away from bread? The only time in my life that I was successful with losing weight (and a lot of it) was when I stopped eating ANY starch...bread, potatoes, Pasta, rice...and then you have to go into everything like crackers, Bagels, pretzels, anything breaded, crutons, Cereal, etc....but let me tell you, I've never in my life felt better!

********bump********

wow it's been quiet here...where is everyone :)

was it difficult to go back? And have you had any PB's yet??

It still hurts to walk. The big incision by the port and the port area are sore and the 'giggling' of my belly when I walk makes me sore. So the 10 min walk into work does me in for a while.

No PB... I don't have a fill yet.

Work sucks!! They're all morans!

LOL i understand...sometimes i just look at some of the people I work with and just think "are you fricken kidding me?"

I just got my BIG monster packet from Di Benedetto's office since my appointment with him is in 2 1/2weeks! They said it was a lot of info but holy crap! It's going to take me just about that long to fill this thing out....

What if you don't have exact dates for some of the info?? Did you have to get your immunization info from Shedd?