Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sophomoreville - A Home For The the Tweeners

13 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Get back to weighing/measuring all food and logging all day, not just until about 3.

Start counting calories before I run out 😂

My resolution is to swim a few times a week. According to my phone I walk 3-5 miles a day, but I want to do some actual toning and besides I like swimming.

Another resolution would be properly cooking again. I’ve lived in a flat with a kitchen the size of a postage stamp for years, and now I’ll have one where I can prep actual meals without losing my mind. I swear part of my gain was not being able to cook what I actually wanted.

1 hour ago, sideeye said:

My resolution is to swim a few times a week. According to my phone I walk 3-5 miles a day, but I want to do some actual toning and besides I like swimming.

Another resolution would be properly cooking again. I’ve lived in a flat with a kitchen the size of a postage stamp for years, and now I’ll have one where I can prep actual meals without losing my mind. I swear part of my gain was not being able to cook what I actually wanted.

#DoTheThing2019

making this a campaign...

3 minutes ago, sideeye said:

I am also going to date again goddamnit.

Yes!!! Between you and @GreenTealael it will be like a Sex in the City episode on this thread!

giphy.gif.94c0b39aa3a9731275379453e4960685.gif

19 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Yes!!! Between you and @GreenTealael it will be like a Sex in the City episode on this thread!

giphy.gif.94c0b39aa3a9731275379453e4960685.gif

I'll bring the straws...😂

Oh I'm going to kick off another topic: tea laxatives.

Y'all know I live in a cup of Smooth Move 1 bag on a weeknight as needed (on a weekend night 3-4 bags 12oz Water. Don't go anywhere. 😂 For THE PURGE)

But I ran out of that particular brand (but the Old West Indies family in me never let's me run out of anything completely) so I had pure Senna tea around that I use medicinally. The brand is Alvita. Y'all I forgot the difference. Smooth move is a proprietary blend with other herbs, Alvita is pure Senna.

I'm always worried about the throning effects when I use any amount of SM, it's just so quick and liquidy, more cramping etc etc, but pure Senna give me a different quality, loose and ropey, not at all arduous. Even the odor is different. And this is comparable per amount used. Same rate of evacuation.

I'm still going to use both lol.

Anyone else notice?

Love love love this group! ROFL! Well, MYYYYYYYY 2019 NYR is to NOT use senna tea nor Smooth Move tea up to 24 hours preceding any cardio activity. :lol:🍾🎉

12 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

So Resolutions 2019!!!!

Goals for 2019!

Talk less listen more

Vegas Baby! Seven days celebrating my brother in law's Birthday. Bucket list Revel Mt charleston half marathon. The run is just a perk of spending time with family.

Hubby retires on Dec 28th. Time to enjoy life and find new adventures.

4 minutes ago, Healthy_life said:

Goals for 2019!

Talk less listen more

Vegas Baby! Seven days celebrating my brother in law's Birthday. Bucket list Revel Mt charleston half marathon. The run is just a perk of spending time with family.

Wooohoooo congrats! What cool goals. Congrats to hubs retirement and having shenanigans 24/7/365!!!!

1 hour ago, Healthy_life said:

Goals for 2019!

Talk less listen more

Loved Mr. Charleston in the 6 years we lived in Vegas....such an amazing respite from the summer heat and able to experience snow in the winter.

Congrats on your husband's retirement, mine is already there and I am thinking I might be too since we pay off EVERYTHING (including our home) in April, We are shopping for 5th wheel toy haulers so we can go places with the dog and the motorcycle and spend a couple of years seeing the country. Sad to me that I am likely done working since I love my job but there is definitely more to life and with my husband 6 years older we need to take advantage of being healthy and active while we can.

1 minute ago, MIZ60 said:

Loved Mr. Charleston in the 6 years we lived in Vegas....such an amazing respite from the summer heat and able to experience snow in the winter.

Congrats on your husband's retirement, mine is already there and I am thinking I might be too since we pay off EVERYTHING (including our home) in April, We are shopping for 5th wheel toy haulers so we can go places with the dog and the motorcycle and spend a couple of years seeing the country. Sad to me that I am likely done working since I love my job but there is definitely more to life and with my husband 6 years older we need to take advantage of being healthy and active while we can.

2 minutes ago, MIZ60 said:

definitely more to life

2 minutes ago, MIZ60 said:

take advantage of being healthy and active while we can.

Amen!

I was able to step away from work and take on the grand kids and a partime job. I'm still adjusting to the life change. (Grand kids are sleeping so here I am on BP) No guarantee on how much time we have to live. I am making peace with my life, resolving relationships and finding my happiness.

Honestly, I was not living my best life pre surgery. Pretty amazing to have myself back.