Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sophomoreville - A Home For The the Tweeners

I want to wear the LBD in the upper right corner! ;) I'd have to get a new life first though in order to have some place to wear it!

4 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I want to wear the LBD in the upper right corner! ;) I'd have to get a new life first though in order to have some place to wear it!

Wear your LBD to your kitchen for Breakfast. Just sit, smile at your hubby and wait for his reaction.

TCA is shot in autumn so there are tons of season-appropriate clothes. Her wardrobe is this fantastic blend of business-appropriate and devestatingly sexy, but at the same time and not revealing. A huge part of it is her attitude, which is basically that she will either destroy you professionally or through shagging you to death and she has not decided which one you qualify for yet, and her attitude won’t change regardless of which fate she picks for you. I love her and want to be her when I grow up, and being skinnier and being able to wear the clothes makes it a hell of a lot easier to get started.

Edited by sideeye

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Oh y'all mean like this 😎

Shop y'all closets friends, never run out of a clothing budget

1544989183556_FullSizeRender.jpg

You're there!

5 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

I know this is the holidays and all which presents a unique set of challenges for us, but beyond that...if there is a "beyond" for that. ;)

Do any of you Sophomores find yourself losing focus or struggling to retain the initial thrill of the post weight loss lifestyle? Are you starting to "live again," maybe go out, indulge in not-so-therapeutic activities that keep you from maximizing weight loss for the month?

Are you still actively in the losing phase or are you somewhere between your first goal and final goal?

Just curious about the things you do to keep the spice alive and momentum up! Cuz you know...diet fatigue happens! :D

Diet fatigue for me at this moment is an understatement. I have been in the same 7 pound range for almost 2 months and I am just over it. I know a big part of it is socialization which for us always involves drinking and eating. I am not eating anything terrible, just likely not the best choices. And not drinking Water like I know I should be. Only exercising/walking a few times per week and just not feeling it anymore. I so hope it gets better because I feel like a failure, I am happy that I have lost weight and that I have noted dramatic improvements in my health but still have a long way to go and do not think I am going to make it.

I apologize for being such a Debbie Downer but that is how I feel at the moment.

15 minutes ago, MIZ60 said:

Diet fatigue for me at this moment is an understatement. I have been in the same 7 pound range for almost 2 months and I am just over it. I know a big part of it is socialization which for us always involves drinking and eating. I am not eating anything terrible, just likely not the best choices. And not drinking Water like I know I should be. Only exercising/walking a few times per week and just not feeling it anymore. I so hope it gets better because I feel like a failure, I am happy that I have lost weight and that I have noted dramatic improvements in my health but still have a long way to go and do not think I am going to make it.

I apologize for being such a Debbie Downer but that is how I feel at the moment.

No! I totally get it and understand your feelings!

So the big question and it's BIG!!!

What were each of us feeling in the early days when we were so gung ho and were able to withstand doing without? Were we isolating? How were we resisting temptation in the early days? This was even pre-op!!!

4 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

What were each of us feeling in the early days when we were so gung ho and were able to withstand doing without? Were we isolating? How were we resisting temptation in the early days? This was even pre-op!!!

Ok I'ma answer this one for myself and hopefully everyone else will as well.

I know in the early days there wasn't much livin going on. I was isolating, felt bad (terrible), slept bad, and it was an all or nothing focus to eat as nutritionally dense and calorically light as I could. No cheating, no booze, no party of any kind. We just worked, ate, slept and watched a lot of tv. I wasn't even exercising at that point! I had very few clothes that fit, very few shoes, and didn't want to be around people cuz I felt like I was under scrutiny all the time--especially eating out in restaurants. And we never really got into fast food that much cuz of Mr. F's allergies.

But now we had many social invitations/obligations and business networking things and I have my new thrift shop wardrobe and I feel good in my skin/clothes. I feel like Mr. F. is proud to be seen with me and like I've turned the clock back about 20 years. And I'm happy and am feeling SO much better physically and sleeping quite a bit better too. And so I don't want to just sit home and watch tv and isolate--especially towards the weekend! I can do S-W, but Th-Fri-Sat, I start to get itchy feet!

And I know it's not so practical at Christmas to change this up again and revert to the old isolation-straight-and-narrow gig, but I CAN go back to the menus that made me lose. And start eating some of them again! At least from S-W and maybe even Thursday! I CAN negotiate new rules of engagement for being out and about on Fri-Sat. :) Rules that don't ruin the rest of the week.

My goal to get back on track is to shake things up again! I'm still gonna do some IF, maybe even ADF with calorie restriction, but mainly go back to the menus that worked. I will also try to get back down to my ticker weight by Christmas. I think that's do-able. I will take the big holidays "off" but not in between. I'm gonna go post this as my reminder over on the challenge thread too. LOL.

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

My actual plan is just to stay where I am at for the remainder of the holiday season....we only have a few more events and then life will get back to normal. Right after NY, I plan to do at least 2 weeks Atkins induction and then go from there. I do not eat a lot of carbs now but I think for me it is better to keep them pretty low, mostly just good veggies. Lots of Water, no alcohol. I have many great recipes that I know we like and it was really pretty easy for me previously. I also need to eliminate snack foods, even healthy ones like nuts because I do not have Portion Control with stuff like that. And, I just have to learn how to go to some of our musician friends' gigs AND JUST DRINK WATER since they always happen in bars. But, not going is not an option so I need to figure it out.

I have no excuse not to exercise since I have everything I need here or within a 1/2 block....Jim just got me to go for a walk and it was nice. I have Tae Bo, Winsor PIlates and the Firm programs all in my closet. It is stupid really because once I do it I am always glad.

2 hours ago, MIZ60 said:

I also need to eliminate snack foods, even healthy ones like nuts because I do not have Portion Control with stuff like that.

I also have no control when it comes to nuts. I'd rather eat nuts than anything else.

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I also have no control when it comes to nuts. I'd rather eat nuts than anything else.

I would, too, but my bowels disapprove ☹️

5 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

You're there!

Hahaha this was oddly enough for my Instagram

Titled broke but bourgeoisie (like all artist) lol then TCA happened on the thread

Just now, Orchids&Dragons said:

I would, too, but my bowels disapprove ☹️

Mine probably do too, I suspect it's why I dump. High fat macros. Will I stop. Maybe... Maybe Not

19 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

So Resolutions 2019!!!!

Get back to weighing/measuring all food and logging all day, not just until about 3.