Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Just now, newbegjo1219 said:

Hey All, so i had vsg on 1/22, and for the first 14 days weight was just coming off i believe i lost about 13-14 lbs, prior to the surgery during liquid pre-op I lost about 23lbs. But the past 16 days i have not lost a pound i am either at the same or it goes down/up one...and now my monthly vistor is coming so Im expecting a gain😭😭 not sure what im doing wrong i go in for my first month check up on Wednesday so im hoping they clear me to go to the gym. I am getting my Proteins in on most day, Water intake is a struggle still, before the surgery i was getting 72 oz day during preop and now i can barely get in 40 oz. Just dreaded this stall and scared that it wont end...i am sticking to 400-450 calories a day, dont really have an appetite which is great but eat to get the Proteins in. Just discouraged was hoping to be farther along. Not sure what to do

you are probably just in a stall but can you up your calories and Water a bit? Both seem low - definitely the water if anything- although you should follow your plan! I lost about the same and I am 3 weeks out from RNY- just came out of a stall though so we will see. I also lost the same pre-op as you in about a months time. Just hang in there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CurvyMom said:

you are probably just in a stall but can you up your calories and Water a bit? Both seem low - definitely the Water if anything- although you should follow your plan! I lost about the same and I am 3 weeks out from RNY- just came out of a stall though so we will see. I also lost the same pre-op as you in about a months time. Just hang in there!

How long was your stall, i am going to push myself on the water intake? Calories is a bit hard cause im still on puree stage and not everything really goes down well. Hoping when i see the doctor they allow me to go to the next stage and start working out. Just feels like this stall is going to last forever 😭😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, newbegjo1219 said:

How long was your stall, i am going to push myself on the Water intake? Calories is a bit hard cause im still on puree stage and not everything really goes down well. Hoping when i see the doctor they allow me to go to the next stage and start working out. Just feels like this stall is going to last forever 😭😭

It was starting week two until Monday- Surgery was 1/30.....and now I am only losing about .5 lb a day but trying to eat more often - I try for 4 small meals but it really depends. I am full quickly and not hungry but I am trying to get 600 cals in but i do drink minimum 90 ounces of water but try to get more than that. I was drinking over 150 ounces a day pre op regularly though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, CurvyMom said:

It was starting week two until Monday- Surgery was 1/30.....and now I am only losing about .5 lb a day but trying to eat more often - I try for 4 small meals but it really depends. I am full quickly and not hungry but I am trying to get 600 cals in but i do drink minimum 90 ounces of Water but try to get more than that. I was drinking over 150 ounces a day pre op regularly though.

Thanks i am going to work harder on my water intake....hopefully things will get better, today makes it officially one month since my vsg...was hoping for a loss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, newbegjo1219 said:

Thanks i am going to work harder on my Water intake....hopefully things will get better, today makes it officially one month since my vsg...was hoping for a loss

I think the same thing at times and then remember this is a process and won't happen overnight. Doesn't make it any easier, I know! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else’s gallbladder going to crap already? Sleeved 1/24/19. Surgeon inspected GB during surgery to make sure it looked fine and didn’t need to come out. No issues. Never had any problems related to my GB in the past. Fast forward 2 weeks and I woke up with super sharp pain in the middle of my abdomen and back, just under my ribs. Solid 10/10, panic inducing pain (and I have NEVER, ever rated my pain as a 10 before). Just as I decided to call someone to take me to the ER, the pain started to subside almost as quickly as it started. The attack lasted roughly 10 minutes. Last night, I had ANOTHER attack... exactly 2 weeks after the first. This time, it lasted much longer. Couldn’t talk, couldn’t sit still, couldn’t stand up straight. All I could do was writhe and moan. I sweated through my clothes, it was so dang intense. My husband was home this time, and able to take me to the ER. CT scan and labs were the picture of perfect health. They sent me home feeling like an over-dramatic idiot. I saw my PCP this morning and she sent me for a GB ultrasound. Sure enough, the dang thing is packed full of sludge already and I have to get with a surgeon to schedule its removal (good riddance). Anyone else experience anything similar? I knew bariatric surgery could cause gallbladder issues, but I definitely didn’t expect it to rear it’s ugly head within a month of surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 02/22/2019 at 16:01, tdboutwell said:

Anyone else’s gallbladder going to crap already? Sleeved 1/24/19. Surgeon inspected GB during surgery to make sure it looked fine and didn’t need to come out. No issues. Never had any problems related to my GB in the past. Fast forward 2 weeks and I woke up with super sharp pain in the middle of my abdomen and back, just under my ribs. Solid 10/10, panic inducing pain (and I have NEVER, ever rated my pain as a 10 before). Just as I decided to call someone to take me to the ER, the pain started to subside almost as quickly as it started. The attack lasted roughly 10 minutes. Last night, I had ANOTHER attack... exactly 2 weeks after the first. This time, it lasted much longer. Couldn’t talk, couldn’t sit still, couldn’t stand up straight. All I could do was writhe and moan. I sweated through my clothes, it was so dang intense. My husband was home this time, and able to take me to the ER. CT scan and labs were the picture of perfect health. They sent me home feeling like an over-dramatic idiot. I saw my PCP this morning and she sent me for a GB ultrasound. Sure enough, the dang thing is packed full of sludge already and I have to get with a surgeon to schedule its removal (good riddance). Anyone else experience anything similar? I knew bariatric surgery could cause gallbladder issues, but I definitely didn’t expect it to rear it’s ugly head within a month of surgery.
Sleeved on 1/15/19 and had my gallbladder removed 2/7/19 cuz I was throwing up for 2 weeks straight. I felt so much better once it was out and I’m currently recovering from it still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope both of you recover well from your gb surgeries! I had mine out years ago and the recoveries from both it and wls seemed very similar but I sure wouldn’t want to go through it back to back!!

I just had my 1 month post op visit with my surgeon and nut! I was dreading it because I thought I should’ve lost more but it was such a mood booster! My surgeon did a swallow test so that was awesome to see my new stomach! I was convinced he had left too big of a pouch because I don’t have the restrictions a lot of people complain about. But nope, little sliver of a banana! As I was walking out of the room he said I’m no longer in the morbidly obese range!!!! Woo hoo!!
Also had a nice long chat with my nutritionist. I told her I’ve been sticking to 500-700 calories. She felt my body may be in starvation mode at that level so to up it to 800-1000. I’m scared to do that but I’ll try it for a week and see what happens but will most likely keep it closer to 800. Or rotate higher calories some days and lower the next. Who knows, right? We all have to figure out what works best for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow the gall bladder I started feeling a bit of pain this week but nothing persistent I’m gonna ask my pcp for a referral to get a gall bladder sonogram. Also I barely eat like I’m drinking my Water intake but eating has been going down the drain. I cook and all it’s hard to pass certain Proteins like chicken etc and I have to eat for a while. Not to mention I barely get hungry. Also I have t been drinking my Protein as I should ugh this is all new to me and I have not weighed myself in awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 03/14/2019 at 15:37, melimel35089 said:

Wow the gall bladder I started feeling a bit of pain this week but nothing persistent I’m gonna ask my pcp for a referral to get a gall bladder sonogram. Also I barely eat like I’m drinking my Water intake but eating has been going down the drain. I cook and all it’s hard to pass certain Proteins like chicken etc and I have to eat for a while. Not to mention I barely get hungry. Also I have t been drinking my Protein as I should ugh this is all new to me and I have not weighed myself in awhile.
I would definitely call your surgeon or primary if you’re experiencing pain this far out. Are you able to eat soft foods like canned tuna, chicken or cottage cheese? Maybe go back to some of those starter foods if you’re struggling with dense Proteins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for a challenge? Motivation? Fitness inspiration?

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Join us here next!!!

JUNE 2019 FITNESS AND INSPIRATION CHALLENGE

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been doing this thang! So many up and downs. Downs being living the life of a recovering addict. Ups being FEELING and looking sexy as f**k! 3 more lbs until I reach my short term goal. 13 more lbs until I reach my maintenance goal. Sometimes I miss being fact and pretending I don't give a f**k. One thing is for certain. I'll never regret having had this surgery!

Edited by LadySin
f**k simple math!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, LadySin said:

Been doing this thang! So many up and downs. Downs being living the life of a recovering addict. Ups being FEELING and looking sexy as f**k! 3 more lbs until I reach my short term goal. 13 more lbs until I reach my maintenance goal. Sometimes I miss being fact and pretending I don't give a f**k. One thing is for certain. I'll never regret having had this surgery!

💙Congratulations! join us here💙

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Thunder Thighs  »  countrygirl29

      hello , im a four days post op of having the Roux En Y done and things seem to be going well , alil concerned about the rather large divot in my left side if my stomach . Did you have that issue ?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Tunchi71

      3 months later and down 60 lbs......is that good?
      · 1 reply
      1. Tunchi71

        I ended up having the surgery on March 1st.

    • spatty

      June 17th is almost here. Picked up everything I need for my after surgery needs. After work will go home and finish packing a light overnight bag to make sure I don't forget anything. And the final countdown begins. Not nervous at all just looking forward to the call for my arrival time. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Fredeique2020  »  Catherinetheokay

      I am 19 days post op and I am still struggling to drink the fluids. I am not even able to drink the protein shakes their now nasty to me , I tried the protein bars & it didn’t end well. I have chest pains & I can barely eat. I am weak & my mouth is always dry, and feeling nauseous. Can anyone provide any advise. At least I doing the vitamins. Recently my chest & stomach have a burning sensation. 
      · 2 replies
      1. SamanthaC12

        I had a very difficult time finding protein shakes that tasted okay and didn't make me sick. I ended up drinking FairLife Core Power protein shakes. I love the chocolate (tastes like chocolate milk to me). I like to blend it with some ice and PB2 powder (or real PB) to give the smoothie consistency. I also found that if I put Panera's Turkey Vegetable soup through the blender, I could eat it. I survived off those two things. My chest pains were from the gas, which was incredibly bad and took so much longer than I expected to resolve. I'd definitely stay away from bars or anything solid until you've conquered liquids. I'd love to tell you the dry mouth will get better soon, but it didn't for me for a very long time (months). The plus to that was that I drank a ton of water. The good new is I suspect you are close to the light at the end of the tunnel on this first and hardest part of the journey. It gets SO much easier after this part.

      2. Iluvbats

        I am 2 days post-op and really struggling with everything. My depression isn't helping any. I couldn't even finish one shake today and swallowing meds is just excruciating.

    • Crystalmoon

      I am a week post op and I honestly feel like crap! I keep feeling so nauseous and I can’t get my self to drink a good amount of water. I honestly feel very regretful today. When does it get better? 
      · 2 replies
      1. adventuremomof4

        By the third week you will feel some relief. Don't push yourself too much with quantity that first week. I just made sure to keep sipping and walking which helped me feel better.

      2. Iluvbats

        I hear you. This has been the hardest day for me so far (2 days post-op).

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×