Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 11/21 too much fluid intake?

I seem to be doing really good on Fluid intake.

My first day home was hard and I only managed about 32oz. But yesterday I was able to get close to 48.

Today I think I may get close to 64oz (this includes 2 Protein Shakes and water)

But this has me a little freaked out. Am I drinking too much? It seems everyone else this far out is only getting 20-30 oz in.

I am scared I'm going to hurt my staple line. But I never have pain sometimes a little discomfort from gas coming back up.

I noticed a huge difference when i started my acid reducer I'm wondering if that is what has helped.

@dreamingofasleeve you’re actually doing really well getting your liquids in so early on, it’s definitely going to prevent dehydration and help with weight loss, I was having a hard time getting 64 oz in that early on so I’m impressed...keep doing what you’re doing and you will be a success...drink more if you can.

Congratulations on your surgery and keep up the good work 😉

9 hours ago, dreamingofasleeve said:

I seem to be doing really good on Fluid intake.

My first day home was hard and I only managed about 32oz. But yesterday I was able to get close to 48.

Today I think I may get close to 64oz (this includes 2 Protein Shakes and water)

But this has me a little freaked out. Am I drinking too much? It seems everyone else this far out is only getting 20-30 oz in.

I am scared I'm going to hurt my staple line. But I never have pain sometimes a little discomfort from gas coming back up.

I noticed a huge difference when i started my acid reducer I'm wondering if that is what has helped.

No. You are not drinking too much, you cannot compare yourself to others as each surgery is 100% unique from the next. Even twins having the exact same surgery by the exact same doctor on the exact same day would not experience the same post-op "issues".

You sound like you are doing good, why does everyone get concerned when they are doing good?

I was sleeved on 11/20 and I'm able to sip much more than 64oz of fluids. I think it's good to be well hydrated.
That is amazing!

I was just scared maybe that I was pushing too hard.
I know everyone is different and I am very glad fluids are going good. Just didn't want to hurt anything.
I never feel pain it push it to that point. I guess I was just expecting it to be harder!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

No. You are not drinking too much, you cannot compare yourself to others as each surgery is 100% unique from the next. Even twins having the exact same surgery by the exact same doctor on the exact same day would not experience the same post-op "issues".

You sound like you are doing good, why does everyone get concerned when they are doing good?
I know it seems dumb to be worried about doing good. But I was just concerned cause I hadn't seen anyone else doing as good. Until I posted here of course.
I'm happy it's going well don't get me wrong. I know everyone is different. It just seemed too good to be true.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

59 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

I had the same concerns. It's not so much "concerned when they are doing good". For me, it was HAMMERED into me that I'd struggle with liquids and day one I was drinking Water in amounts I could before surgery. So the questions become "Am I doing well or am I missing restriction I'm supposed to have."