Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Forgetting to chew

Now did you learn your lesson? Gad, I sound like the Nasty Mama who let her son burn himself just. as a learning lesson. When I read about it, I thought "What a Nasty Broad, that's Tough Love gone BAD!"😖

11 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Now did you learn your lesson? Gad, I sound like the Nasty Mama who let her son burn himself just. as a learning lesson. When I read about it, I thought "What a Nasty Broad, that's Tough Love gone BAD!"😖

I need tough lovin some times. I absolutely learned my lesson. A couple hours later and I am still miserable. It will only take one time.

2 minutes ago, Superfox1 said:

I need tough lovin some times. I absolutely learned my lesson. A couple hours later and I am still miserable. It will only take one time.

Oh man. Hope you feel better soon!

On 11/14/2018 at 6:20 AM, vsgnewbie77 said:

Hey guys!

I was just wondering if anyone ever experienced eating too big chunks of food?

I've just started on soft foods and still getting the hang of eating slowly and chewing super well and sometimes I just really forget to chew and end up swallowing bigger pieces. Luckily they're soft foods (eggs to be exact) so I haven't had any issues but just wondering what happens if you swallow a too big of a piece of let's say chicken or meat? Does it get stuck in your pouch? and how would you know to seek medical help or to wait it out?

Thank you!

I am 4 weeks out and sometimes I eat to fast and don't chew well enough. The food feels like it sits at the bottom of my esophagus and top of my stomach. I usually need to get up and walk around and try to burp. Sometimes the food comes up and I do feel better. Trying to get better at eating mindfully!

16 hours ago, Georgetown said:

I am 4 weeks out and sometimes I eat to fast and don't chew well enough. The food feels like it sits at the bottom of my esophagus and top of my stomach. I usually need to get up and walk around and try to burp. Sometimes the food comes up and I do feel better. Trying to get better at eating mindfully!

Same here- I really need to practice eating mindfully. It's harder than I thought it would be :)

53 minutes ago, vsgnewbie77 said:

Same here- I really need to practice eating mindfully. It's harder than I thought it would be :)

It definitely is. The surgery was the easy part. It’s the head stuff that’s hard! So many years of abusing food doesn’t change overnight! I’m so happy I’ve been given this gift to start over!

7 hours ago, Georgetown said:

It definitely is. The surgery was the easy part. It’s the head stuff that’s hard! So many years of abusing food doesn’t change overnight! I’m so happy I’ve been given this gift to start over!

You can say that again. Just because the surgery is done, my brain still has it's quirks. Since i'm all healed up, i even forget that i've had surgery and fall back into my bad habits for a minute or two.

I had sardines and cous cous and wont be eating again was like dog foam and the sick projected at week 4 this was on the diet sheet as well

Did it, and INSTANTLY regretted it! I made one of my favorite meals and had to have some, it was about 2 months post surgery and I had a chunk of roast beef that was way too big and not chewed enough.....that was serious regret! The pain that I experienced was enough that I learned and have not made that dumb mistake since! In addition to the pain of it going down I also had stomach pain for HOURS after that. The pain almost felt like something was trying to rip me apart from the inside! NOT WORTH IT!!!!

My problem is that I am still eating too fast ugh