Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Off the wagon trying to get back off the mat

I recently fell off the wagon for about a week and a half to 2 weeks after my psych eval and now before I get into my counseling to deal with what came up I am trying to pick myself up and get back on my pre-surgery diet so it won't delay my surgery.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using BariatricPal mobile app

I completely understand. I was supposed to have my surgery in Nov 2018, I was almost to my goal surgery weight but my father in law was very sick with cancer so surgery was postponed until Jan and then again to February, My father in law was in hospice but I was his main caregiver at home, needless to say I have gained back 20 lbs. Unfortunately my FIL passed away recently and I am struggling with losing the weight I need to prior to surgery which as of today is scheduled for March 5th. It is so difficult

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Most popular:

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• GreenTealael

Walking/Running Sneaker recommendations?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Sashac89

What's your experience w/the Dumping Syndrome?
      How long did it last?
      How did you cope w/it?
      Has the dumping syndrome gotten worse each time more as the years go by?

I had the Gastric Bypass in 7/2015. The last couple of times i got the Dumping Syndrome twice last year, and once this year have been the worst. My last one was on Easter Sunday. I felt Fatigue, nauseous, gagging, shortness of breath, laid down holding my tummy, wanting to cry, feeling desperate, it got to a point where i basically was unconscious. Is it normal to fall asleep without no warning and waking up out of nowhere to "wth happened, how long was i out for"? It's gotten scary, and don't know if this is part of the dumping syndrome. I've had more times but not as bad as the last couple of times. 😢 
      · 0 replies
    • Sashac89

What's your experience w/the Dumping Syndrome?
      How long did it last?
      How did you cope w/it?
      Has the dumping syndrome gotten worse each time more as the years go by?

I had the Gastric Bypass in 7/2015. The last couple of times i got the Dumping Syndrome twice last year, and once this year have been the worst. My last one was on Easter Sunday. I felt Fatigue, nauseous, gagging, shortness of breath, laid down holding my tummy, wanting to cry, feeling desperate, it got to a point where i basically was unconscious. Is it normal to fall asleep without no warning and waking up out of nowhere to "wth happened, how long was i out for"? It's gotten scary, and don't know if this is part of the dumping syndrome. I've had more times but not as bad as the last couple of times. 😢 
      · 0 replies
    • Summer56

When I get my surgery and lose weight I might write a book about my weight loss surgery so I can help anyone who started at my weight, or who think about getting the surgery.
      · 0 replies
    • Sashac89

Anyone try the 2-week pouch reset diet???
      · 0 replies
  • Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs