Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I see many people starting with liquids then puréed food then normal food.
I am one week post operation and at hospital I had liquids broths and juice , however the diet I was given for when I go home and later was almost normal food, just what to take care how to start eating things slowly what to avoid what to check slowly if I can eat etc. I was quite happy with that but kept some liquids for the Breakfast and Snacks and only have soft food for main courses (I had boiled potatoes and boiled chicken, chicken Soup with rice and tuna so far) it goes great but I am worried if I do something very wrong. Should I see a dietitian or something?

Does your surgeon's office not have a dietician? I've always been amazed at the different diets doctors use. Like I'm 6 months post op and I"m still not able to have potatoes but I'v heard of people that in the beginning were told to eat mashed potatoes. Same goes for rice. I can have quinoa in low amounts.

Well they have and the gave me a full five pages instructions and everything but I read almost everyone having liquids and I was worrying about it a bit. However I have no issues with what I eat no pains and I go to the toilet normally...

I would listen to your doctor. Many people on here have great advice and I got lost in all the different theories and opinions. I got to wondering what should I do. I know my Dr office is well known in my area and has positive reviews and word of mouth, so I try to listen to the first. I'm sure your doctor's way has seemed successful for his/her patients so they keep using that method.

Thank you for the reassurance, since I have no issues pains etc I will keep this plan and finger crossing for the best !

Keep posting and letting us know how you're doing

My wife and I were on a similar progression, starting with soft and mushy things along with the liquids from the hospital on out. The basic rule was to try new foods one at a time to test for tolerance - if they go down well (and don't come back up!) that's great; if there is a problem or it doesn't feel quite right, back off to something familiar and proven and try it again in a couple of weeks. Protein Drinks are usually a staple for a while as it is hard to get enough Protein in with real food for a while, and things tend to be on the liquid side to start and get progressively thicker and firmer as you experiment with your tolerances - strain out the chunks of chunky Soups, then next time mash up the chunks, then try them without mashing them. You just need to get a feel for how your stomach is working.

Good to know there are more people like me out there hehehe :) all my best to you and your wife !!