Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

34 minutes ago, Phillysawdocfan said:

Surgery date 12/27.

Start pre-op diet tomorrow. Any tips for pre op? Thanks

Get yourself some Protein Water, I like the strawberry one the best from vieive. They will be a godsend post op and getting used to them pre op is key.

Beware day three/four everyone has a rough day around then but it passes I reckon its the sugar/carb crash. Maybe hide from friends and family that day.

Focus on getting in the water and protein each day and set a new goal each day like maybe on day one.focus on getting the water in and then.day two.focus on hitting your protein goals and so on..

Hope that helps

So guys think I had my first experience of dumping syndrome.

Was trying some.scrambled eggs and I made them.with milk and a drop of ketchup on the side. Not.sure whicj agent was the.culprit I suspect it was the ketchup tho but I just speant an hour feeling awful after it. Shivering vomitting and woozy. Its all settled now but I can say hands up I will not be having any of those ingredients again for a while.

Anyone else experienced anything like that? Feeling a little glum about the limitations of my diet atm. Focusing on my positives though to keep me strong.

early days still, just hitting day 13 post op, i returned to more liquid type food and managed fine the scrambled eggs were technically a tad early i just wanted to experiment. Im officially allowed them tomorrow. But after tonights episode i think ill try something else instead..

I’m sorry to hear ur having such a time Irish. 🙁 but ur doing great keep it up I’ll find what works. Philly day 3-5 suck the worst and are the hardest when u make past that I’ll b ok. Had my surgery yesterday 11 pokes total not counting shots. Really bad gas pains. Failed the barium test 4 times. But on my way home yay!!!!!! Sip sip sip walk walk walk

@kjuno: what is the barium test and how/why did you fail?

Im 8 days out and everything is going amazing. My plan had me on puree on day 2 and I have tolerated everything that I have put in my little tummy so far. Even some chili that I got adventurous and blended the heck out of! Four days out I went to a community Christmas display thing, I was feeling so good! Its kind of bizarre how well things are going, I almost don't want to jinx it. I see my nut on the 17th and I start phase 3 foods on the 20th. So looking forward to some chunks in my life omg lol! Oh, and I have lost 8lbs already, I did a dance this morning around my house it was hilarious :D

Im happy to see you guys are getting your surgeries and things are moving along! Good luck to those of you still waiting! ❤️

Jendkopp a barium test is where they have u drink an oz of barium then they take xrays to
Make sure the liquid is moving from ur new tummy to ur intestines. However I had quite a bit of swelling and everytime they checked the liquid did not move. No discomfort or nausea. Just took about 2 hrs for it to start moving they said that time would improve.

Had surgery on 12th! The first couple hours were suck-ish. But once I got up to my room started feeling better with meds for pain and nausea. I’m glad I didn’t throw up. No nausea right now so I hope it stays that way! The nurses have been responsive and great! I’ve walked many times, which is important to move out the gas. All in all a very positive experience so far! 💙💚💛🧡

On 12/13/2018 at 05:48, Phillysawdocfan said:

SCP what did they give you for pain? Just wondering if Tylenol will cut it? Good luck

Hi Philly!
I have dallatd (unsure of spelling there) and an anti-inflammatory I will try to ask the name. They alternate them every 3-4 hours. I also receive 2 kinds of sublingual anti nausea because I very clearly communicated that I have zero desire to throw up, LOL! Feel free to ask me anything you wish. 😃👍

I'm 1 week out. Been getting a lot of rest. When I drink the gas seems to have lessened. I was able to get through a yogurt this morning without having to put it back due to gas pains. Still have another week until pureed. I did try some crab meat last night and it didn't cause any gas or discomfort. I go to dietiation on Tuesday gonna ask if I can move forward earlier. Start Vitamins tomorrow.

I am on day two post-op is it just me or is it almost impossible to drink 64 oz this soon. Yesterday I drank 17 and today so far I am at 20.