Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To Share the Journey (?)

I've realized how much I rely on YouTube and Insta to help me through this wait for the actual procedure. I've had a lot of questions that have been more or less unanswered by staff and my doctor's office. Not that they aren't helpful or pleasant - it just seems that there are some questions they really can't answer (to cover their own necks).

I've been wondering if I'd be comfortable sharing this whoooooole process online. It's very scary to me though. My before pictures alone are blackmail-worthy.

So what do you guys think? Are you comfortable putting it all out there? Do you have Instagram/YouTube accounts solely for your sleeve experience?

Hi there, I’ve been on this forum a little Over 5 months and I can’t speak for everyone but I think most of the posters here basically share experiences here and are very willing to answer any questions that you may have, this forum has been very helpful, has helped me personally a great deal with all types of questions, some posters share their personal experiences, weight loss success stories and so on. There are a lot of really nice folks here that have been through the process and are successful. There are so many topics that you can do a search for along with a wealth of information. Try it out and see how you like it.

I was sleeved on 8/29/18 exactly 4 weeks ago today, I’m very pleased.

I wish you all the best on your journey.

I thought after 3 years of struggles to get my RNY, which I did on September 5th 2018, everything would smooth out like new asphalt on my roadway. Well it hasn't, I have a cranky crabby Turkey-Egged Size Empress, in my life, whom I have Named Precious Pouch. My surgeon Bradley J Needleman MD said on September 11, Precious could handle a Stage III diet, Precious did not agree. She has an Elevator Maneuver which she has delight in using "Everything Up! Next stop- outside the Body!" It hurts to argue with her, my whole chest hurts afterward.So we are slogging along on Stage 2- liquids, very smooth thin pureed. My baiatric dieticians have a motto:
If you have to chew, it is not Stage 2!
So P.P. gets strained cream Soups, broths including bone, Protein Shakes, sf Jello, sf popsicles, she likes the tropical ones, flavored and plain waters, and if she is in a mellow mood, Musslemqns unsweetened applesauce. And my multiviamins, melting B12, got a nice Black Cherry one from Bariatric Pal Store, my calcium citrate and Magnesium ( to lessen leg cramps). And I travail daily to give,her Q.S. fluids, minimum 64 oz.
We have a temporary truce, by me seeing things HER WAY I get to take walks and gentlely preform my ADL. For those not in healthcare, Activities of Daily Living, as long as one can perform these no doctor threatens to put your Happy Hoohah in a lond term care facility. Hey, I am 72, at that age non-geriatric friendly medical people start threatening. And I am a 2-pronged person , geriatric and bariatric , hard to find a file drawer that fits me! But I don't have enough sense to lie down and die. You see I am a bumblbee🐝. A little side story for you all. The bumblebee is aerodynamically impossible, his wings are too short for his body, he by every specification, should not be able to fly. But no one ever explained this to him, so he just keeps flying. And that is also me. The difference is I have been told:
Too old- Too undeserving- Too broke down- not enough commitment- set up for failure- even had one nay-sayer tell me I was emotionally unsound and too stupid! Baby I have been Mensa-caliber since baby- Frustr8hood, I just don't always parade it! So I say Nah Nah to all those peoples and keep on keeping on to the ultimate finish. A marathon instead of a sprint, fine with me, I tripped more running than I ever did at a slow steady pace. And if I have some smiles😛 from others on their own journeys, that's fine and dandy. Never get back my youth but I CAN ROCK MY MATURITY TO THE INTH DEGREE! And I'll take that over death any day. Know a lot, seen a lot, and laugh at this silly old world🌏. want to stroll with me a while?

I keep myself to myself, and my health matters are my own business.

There are thousands and thousands of these videos on youtube and plenty of pics on Instagram.

You may be happier in the long run by keeping your private business private. There is lots of judgement that remains regarding weight loss surgery.

I only told a few closest family members and my very best friend. Have not regretted my decision to be tight lipped.

I keep myself to myself, and my health matters are my own business.
There are thousands and thousands of these videos on youtube and plenty of pics on Instagram.
You may be happier in the long run by keeping your private business private. There is lots of judgement that remains regarding weight loss surgery.
I only told a few closest family members and my very best friend. Have not regretted my decision to be tight lipped.
I am with you..

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

My initial thoughts on this was private, only a select few in that inner circle. As my weight loss progresses no one has asked what I'm doing different, although can clearly be seen that my portions have greatly reduced.
Now, I feel I could change my mind and share my experiences. But, who knows until it happens.
As for sharing on social media, not a chance. If I post updated pictures, so be it. But I'm not going to outright share my "story" with the world.