Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

Good 👧 --your mind is set for success. I can call you GIRL because I am older than dirt, everybody seems to be younger than ME. This group will stay alive as long as people keep posting. My own " September Surgeries and Success" is still going strong. We have swiched from surgeries to success and semi-success as we recover and start our new lives. But there are a lot of us still posting, since I started it, I routinely update my struggles there. We have sleeve, RnY, DS and ESG pisting, some of the things are different but a lot of same struggles. And it is SO NICE to have things to share, you don't feel so alone. I live in a small city of 20,000 and I think there are no other bypassers, 2 sleeve friends and that's it. And if you saw the average person in my county, Knox, you would know a lot of people need bariatric surgery And the obese children and teenagers, I cry inside for them!💦😥😪💦

1 hour ago, Rexcom said:

Hi All, Is "November Sleevers" an actual group to join up to? Or, is it simply a post?

My goals are a speedy recovery....hoping to feel good (with exception of incision pain) by 1-week post-op. Also hoping for no serious short or long-term complications.

It's better than 80% likely that these goals come to be....if I follow the program 100%.

If the above all goes well....it's guaranteed I will lose a great deal of weight and be much healthier.

I think that one was just a post, but welcome and good luck with your journey, what is your date? I am November 6th and on my 2nd day of pre op.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:22 PM, Naomi55 said:

Nov 26th and I am in Houston as well!!

Congrats and welcome! :)

Im trying out the actidiet shakes and Soups to see if i can use them for my peri-op diet.. what is everyone else doing?

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:23 PM, kiaholman4 said:

Hi I’m scheduled for 11/21 and I’m so scared and nervous

Hello and welcome! I'm being sleeved on the 6th and the anxiety and fears are creeping in for me too. I'm going through the 2 week pre-op diet right now and when I ask myself why I am doing this to myself (a few times especially when I want "real food") I just keep reminding myself that I am doing this to be there longer for my daughter and to grow old with my husband. We can do this! :)

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, RaeSlayVSG said:

Hello everyone!! I'm new here and have recently been approved with a surgery date of November 9th 2018. I'm sooo nervous but also excited! Please pray my strength everyone!!!

Sent from my LGMP450 using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome and congrats on getting approved!:)

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:14 AM, chris_marie said:

Hi. I am still waiting for approval. Hoping to get a date in NOV. Dec at the latest. Of course having met my OOP for my insurance I don’t want to start over next year 😭😭 so fingers crossed. I have been trying IF to prepare. I notice lots of different pre Surg diets and post surg diets. I guess every surgeon has developed his own plan that works. For me, when I get the date for surgery, I will do a 10 day liquid diet before. I am hoping the IF I am doing now will prepare me. I although it seems impossible to really prepare. Good luck 👍🏼 everyone.

Hello and welcome! Good luck and let us know what happens:)

4 minutes ago, megolego said:

Hello and welcome! I'm being sleeved on the 6th and the anxiety and fears are creeping in for me too. I'm going through the 2 week pre-op diet right now and when I ask myself why I am doing this to myself (a few times especially when I want "real food") I just keep reminding myself that I am doing this to be there longer for my daughter and to grow old with my husband. We can do this! :)

Are you on full shakes or allowed veggies too? I am allowed veggies on mine which I think is saving me at this moment but you are right we can do this!

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:16 PM, deltadentist said:

Wow!!!! I am having surgery on November 6 as well. I guess we will all have turkey broth for Thanksgiving. I am excited even though I won't be eating my way through the holidays. I am excited about a new year and a new outlook. Hope we can all stay in touch along this journey.

By the way, I am getting a revision from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve.

Yes, I was thinking turkey broth on Thanksgiving and if all goes well have mashed potatoes for Christmas:)

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:54 PM, Craftybee said:

Hello everyone I am scheduled for surgery November 7,2018. My birthday present to me. I just hope and pray this journey brings me good health habit since my type 2 diabetes and heart attack at the age of 42. I am scared but thinking only happy thoughts (if you every seen Peter Pan movie) my happy thought is my daughter (13 yrs old) I hope you guys keep in touch with all the November surgeries. I am doing the liquid only but I’ve noticed I started getting headaches I am sure it’s withdrawals of sugar etc. Don’t want to take Tylenol just yet. Prayer for everyone.

Hello and welcome! Yes, I've had the headaches too (I'm getting sleeved on 11/6 and am on Day 3 of the pre-op diet) and I figured it was my body's way of asking where the yummy carbs were:)

9 minutes ago, paddyski said:

Are you on full shakes or allowed veggies too? I am allowed veggies on mine which I think is saving me at this moment but you are right we can do this!

Hi paddyski! No, I unfortunately can't have veggies. I would give anything to have something with a crunch and ice is not cutting it:unsure: Oh well now I have something else to look forward to after the surgery-crunch! :D

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, irish_sleever said:

Hi everyone, scheduled for the 30th Nov provided my consultation goes to plan on the 19th. Having it done in the UK living in Ireland. Going through cycles of nervous/excited/apprehensive about the procedure. Mostly worried about the complications and ability to stick to the diet afterwards. Im a doctor myself and I'm also worried about going back to work afterwards as i've a demanding job and i'm on my feet 24/7 How are people preparing for life at work after surgery? Any tips you've uncovered re tubberware, lunch boxes etc... Im not planning on telling anyone about my procedure unless I have to as I don't like the idea of people judging me. That said im really looking forward to being able to smile at myself in the mirror again, not have to worry about seats being too narrow or clothes not fitting.

Hello and welcome! I am with you on looking in the mirror, narrow seats and clothes not fitting. I also hope to soon enjoy posing for pictures again instead of trying to avoid being in them:)

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, dreamingofasleeve said:

I dont have an exact date yet but i just submitted to insurance! If all goes well i should be late November!

I am so scared but also so excited! I have never had surgery before and i am kind of terrified. Its all becoming real!

Good luck and let us know what happens:)