Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

On 10/18/2018 at 5:52 PM, diabladepaz said:

I’m scheduled for Nov. 8 - three weeks exactly from today. I’m starting to feel very scared, especially when I reviewed my pre-surgical consult notes of all the potential risks. I worry what if something goes wrong, and then it’s like I did it to myself. But there’s that saying “everything you want is on the other side of fear.” I’m trying to live that and just have faith. Sometimes I get so excited thinking about how my life could be if I felt better about myself. If i could wear all the clothes in my closet. If I felt sexy. If I could kayak without worrying I’m over the weight limit. But then at night the fear and anxiety creep in. Just three more weeks...I hope I have made the right decision for myself, and for my family.

I am also scheduled for the 8th. I started to let anxiety creep in and then thought of all the good it will do in the long run. Only this weekend my son let me know he could not go down for surgery due to work and now i am worried that i wont see him again, but then i know its just my mind playing tricks.

Hello everyone I am scheduled for surgery November 7,2018. My birthday present to me. I just hope and pray this journey brings me good health habit since my type 2 diabetes and heart attack at the age of 42. I am scared but thinking only happy thoughts (if you every seen Peter Pan movie) my happy thought is my daughter (13 yrs old) I hope you guys keep in touch with all the November surgeries. I am doing the liquid only but I’ve noticed I started getting headaches I am sure it’s withdrawals of sugar etc. Don’t want to take Tylenol just yet. Prayer for everyone.

Hello everyone I am scheduled for surgery November 7,2018. My birthday present to me. I just hope and pray this journey brings me good health habit since my type 2 diabetes and heart attack at the age of 42. I am scared but thinking only happy thoughts (if you every seen Peter Pan movie) my happy thought is my daughter (13 yrs old) I hope you guys keep in touch with all the November surgeries. I am doing the liquid only but I’ve noticed I started getting headaches I am sure it’s withdrawals of sugar etc. Don’t want to take Tylenol just yet. Prayer for everyone.
Good luck..they have you on 3 weeks of liquid..i am on two and start on Friday with my surgery on the 8th..heres to new beginnings

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi all. I’m a new approved sleever set for November 13th ... I’m a teacher and in the Houston area.. so, this is the best date for me- right before thanksgiving!
Just be ready for pure hell. I had mine in dec 2017. I still have problems with mine. I was nauseated and vomiting all the time. You will be on your liquid. The smell of certain foods make me vomit. Your food taste totally different. I felt and still do hungry all the time. I was told to increase my Protein intake. My hair is falling out but the plus side I have lost 70 lbs. So it's doing what its supposed to do. My suggestion is to get some 30cc cups or 1/4 measuring cups. If you can fill 2 of them that's your meal. Try lil high protein Snacks throughout the day. High protein shes with less than 9 grams of sugar I like muscle milk. Adkins shakes are good too. Do not try to rush it you can stretch your stomach back out. I do the gummies Vitamins. I ended up in the hospital several times. It's hard to drink 64 ounces in a day especially when you are limited on 4 oz.. oh no drinking while you eat you either drink or eat your protein. good luck I dont know if I would do it again. When I go out to eat I have my husband order and I eat off his plate. If your a salad and or bread lover that's done it's just wasted space in your stomach and bread is carbs you dont need and heavy in your stomach. My husband is getting the bypass.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow. I never thought about using the Protein Shakes as Creamer. That is genius. I haven't started the pre-op diet yet. My whole mind was into starting today but then I had parent's lunch at school with the girls and I had not prepared. I will need to get myself ready because there will always be something that will get in my way. I am thankful you all are here and I have someone to bounce ideas and thoughts off of.

What are you all taking to the hospital? Is anyone trying the vitamin patches?

@tmonroe- I’m so sorry you have not had the wonderful experience that most people experience from the surgery. Hopefully it will get better for you as time goes on.

I dont have an exact date yet but i just submitted to insurance! If all goes well i should be late November!

I am so scared but also so excited! I have never had surgery before and i am kind of terrified. Its all becoming real!

Hi everyone, scheduled for the 30th Nov provided my consultation goes to plan on the 19th. Having it done in the UK living in Ireland. Going through cycles of nervous/excited/apprehensive about the procedure. Mostly worried about the complications and ability to stick to the diet afterwards. Im a doctor myself and I'm also worried about going back to work afterwards as i've a demanding job and i'm on my feet 24/7 How are people preparing for life at work after surgery? Any tips you've uncovered re tubberware, lunch boxes etc... Im not planning on telling anyone about my procedure unless I have to as I don't like the idea of people judging me. That said im really looking forward to being able to smile at myself in the mirror again, not have to worry about seats being too narrow or clothes not fitting.

@sealeafi. That’s me. I want all that too. I’m not too old yet. I want to hang with my friends. Go on big city shopping tours in San Francisco or hiking. Something besides work eat and sleep. I’m like a baby with a job 😕😕😕

@irish_sleever. I know how you feel. I didn’t want to tell anyone but I work in the medical field. I did manage to keep it from my family (except hubby who is totally behind me). I’m waiting on insurance approval and that damm phone call I feel will never come. I’m hoping for. November but will be happy with December as long as it’s this year. Good luck!!!!! We got this.

I am scheduled for November 1st. Starting Day 6 of the 14 day Preop Diet.

20 hours ago, deltadentist said:

Wow. I never thought about using the Protein Shakes as Creamer. That is genius. I haven't started the pre-op diet yet. My whole mind was into starting today but then I had parent's lunch at school with the girls and I had not prepared. I will need to get myself ready because there will always be something that will get in my way. I am thankful you all are here and I have someone to bounce ideas and thoughts off of.

What are you all taking to the hospital? Is anyone trying the vitamin patches?

My class said no to vitamin patches unfortunately, they said they wont give you everything that you need.

I just wanted to say welcome to all the new faces! I am started my 14 days today and I am so glad I already quite the caffeine. Class wasn't awful they had us out in 2 hours, and they were pretty positive and reassuring so that made me feel a lot less anxious... here's to all of us going on this journey!

Shout out to my other November 21sters! My pre-op isn't until Nov 9th and my liquid diet starts after that, but they haven't mentioned no caffeine. I can live without it but I just got some yummy Syntrax Nectar Cappuccino latte mix and it has caffeine in it. I don't need the caffeine but I love the taste! I also ordered some Tespo powdered Multivitamins and those are great, but I think it's way more cost effective to just order the "to go" opener than the expensive machine that is rumored to break down easy. Getting nervous and excited as the days go by!

Hi All, Is "November Sleevers" an actual group to join up to? Or, is it simply a post?

My goals are a speedy recovery....hoping to feel good (with exception of incision pain) by 1-week post-op. Also hoping for no serious short or long-term complications.

It's better than 80% likely that these goals come to be....if I follow the program 100%.

If the above all goes well....it's guaranteed I will lose a great deal of weight and be much healthier.