Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On The Way To Being Banded For Life

Everyone thanks for your prayers and support. I'm home now, but an a lot of pain. It's hard to get comfortable. Continue to pray for me. The cool thing is that nost of my family showed up, even those who were acting out.

Thank You, I just hope that the pain will ease off, so that I can relax. Was watching shrek 3 with my son, but the medicine put me to sleep.< /p>

I am glad to hear your home. I remember that uncomfortable feeling but it does ease up. If you can sleep on your back thats probably your best possibility for getting comfortable. You have just taken one great big step into a new you! How exciting. One thing I think that makes it hard to get comfy is you may have small incisions but you have them on both side so it causes the discomfort in more than one area. I found that the incision above the port stayed sensitive longer then the others for me so FYI it's normal if you experience that. My children are watching Shrek 3 right now as I type. I like the Shrek movies. Keep us updated on how your feeling

Thank You, I just hope that the pain will ease off, so that I can relax. Was watching shrek 3 with my son, but the medicine put me to sleep.< /div>

It seems as if the pain is starting to ease now, not one hundred percent, but some relief. Preciouspup, Thank you again for all your excellent advice and I want to send love out to all my lapband sisters and brothers, it's a new us.

Hi

I am scheduled to be Banded on 12/12/07. I am having serious 2nd thoughts about the whole process even though the process has taken a year to get here. Is this normal?

Any replies are appreciated.

I think everyone gets second thoughts, but if I was you, I would still do the procedure. It had taken you a year to get to this point and I would not turn away right now. It's going to be well worth it. See it only took me three months, from my first doctor appointment, to the physicals, getting results of the physicals, to the blood work, from the phsyc appt. to the two to three weeks of waiting to see if my insuruance was going to approve the procedure. That was alot of hard work and running around. I truely think you will regret not having the procedure, but that is your choice to make, but I would really think about it, before you decide not to go through with the surgery. My aunt in law had gastric bypass and a friend of mines had the lapband, both loss a nice amount of weight and stated that weight loss surgery is the best thing that could have every happen to them.

The first and second day post surgery was painful, but I'm going into day three feeling alot better and stronger. Right now I'm sitting at the kitchen table, drinking Swanson's chicken broth.< /p>

I have surgery on the 28th and am glad to find you few ppl that still seem happy about ur surgery. I was getting scared that it wouldnt work...i'm on day 3 of my liquid pre op diet and i have to tell ppl....the french vanilla slim fast is great....dont waste money on the equate generic brand its not good.....anyway i'm hungry but hopeful because i'm ready for a new start....

I was banded on Oct 10th By Dr Zapada in Monterrey Mexico. i flew home the 2nd day after surgery, i never had any pain just soreness but it was all gone away in a acouple week. started working out at the gym on my 4th week post op and have a little soreness but thats from no using muscles. i have just been walking alog

I'm walking around, even went to the market today, to prepare or thanksgiving dinner. I had to use the cart for support at times. My main proplem is the swelling to my stomach and the discomfront of gas. I will be glad when that's over with, but for the most part I don't regret the surgery.

Hello, everyone didn't hear from you an awhile. Im going into day 4 of post op and I'm starting to feel great. I have been drinking my protien shakes, along with plenty Water and light apple juice. starting to feel hungry, because my band has no restriction, but I'm doing good, so I'm not going to give up. I can't wait until I get my first fill.

Recent Design:

event.png

5 down 80 more to go

Your doing great! I am glad your feeling better. If you need something with some substance make up some vegetable Soup then blend it in the blender till it's liquid. It will help because it's a little thicker but has a bunch of Vitamins and nutrients. Don't eat anything solid even if your tempted. Every day you get through is one day longer you've allowed yourself to heal. It really does go fast. Just like life. Just think 2007 and almost over already...didn't we just ring it in a few months ago?

Preciouspup, I'm going to hold on, but today my sister and her boyfriend came to my house today, to watch a movie with me. While we were watching the movie, my sister began to eat some KFC spicy buffalo wings, they smelled so good. After left I whipped me up a batch of Tomato Soup and it was just as good as those wings smelled.

Was you able to fill your port, while you stomach was swollen?