Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I'm done. But how do I stop?!

I am one pound away from my revised final goal.

I thought I wanted to get to 140 but here at 151 I'm getting boney. I'm a farm girl, big boned and curvy so what sounds like a lot of weight never looks like much on me. I'm happy here. I feel good. And, my suspicions were confirmed when I went to see a plastic surgeon about a chin lift I'm having and he told me I really shouldn't lose any more weight. In fact, he said I had a beautiful, youthful look and if I lost more I'd begin to look haggard and older than my almost 54 years.

Problem is, at only three months out, I'm having trouble getting to 700-800 calories a day. I just can't handle a second shake and a second Protein Bar as well as my food (and I'm sure as heck not going to eat crap to load calories). Plus, I am barely allowed to MOVE for the next 6-8 weeks after my neck/facelift!

Any suggestions for maintenance this early on?

If you cannot incorporate another Protein Shake, why don't you try something whole grained? It will definitely go down a little better, and you are increasing your calorie intake. For example, you can have two slices of Ezekiel bread with natural Peanut Butter. That is about 255 calories of whole grains and healthy fats that will fill you up and provide you with more calories :) :)

1 hour ago, Screwballski said:

I am one pound away from my revised final goal.

I thought I wanted to get to 140 but here at 151 I'm getting boney. I'm a farm girl, big boned and curvy so what sounds like a lot of weight never looks like much on me. I'm happy here. I feel good. And, my suspicions were confirmed when I went to see a plastic surgeon about a chin lift I'm having and he told me I really shouldn't lose any more weight. In fact, he said I had a beautiful, youthful look and if I lost more I'd begin to look haggard and older than my almost 54 years.

Problem is, at only three months out, I'm having trouble getting to 700-800 calories a day. I just can't handle a second shake and a second Protein Bar as well as my food (and I'm sure as heck not going to eat crap to load calories). Plus, I am barely allowed to MOVE for the next 6-8 weeks after my neck/facelift!

Any suggestions for maintenance this early on?

Your food capacity is still limited at three months out. What does your dietician/ surgical team suggest to slow or stop weight?

@jultrim18 I can’t yet do volume and rarely eat breads...one slice would be too filling, but natural Peanut Butter is an everyday food source. I can def increase that!
@greentealael had a great suggestion with nuts. I can def add in unsalted raw nuts...love them.
I will be seeing my BariatricPal surgeon in 10 days or so (depending on my face/neck lift recovery progress after next Tuesday). Can ask questions then. I actually forgot that my healthcare plan will provide me with specialized healthcare coaches for anything I desire, free of charge. Husband just reminded me that I just have to call and ask. Der!
I don’t have an ongoing nutritionist because I was a lightweight Band to Sleeve revision and had maintained for years. I guess they assumed that I knew a little something. Not so much! This is a whole new world!

I agree with Nuts. they make me gain so quick. i love them but have to stay away from them!

Not near my goal but do have the problem of getting to full on more than one shake plus solid food. It was suggested to me to use Protein waters. Added protein and calories and does not fill you up like the shakes. I use Protein2O 60cals and 15g protein. Not sure it will work perfectly, just a thought.

CONGRATS and Good Luck to you!!!!

08/17/2018 10:39 AM, J San said:

Not near my goal but do have the problem of getting to full on more than one shake plus solid food. It was suggested to me to use Protein waters. Added Protein and calories and does not fill you up like the shakes. I use Protein2O 60cals and 15g Protein. Not sure it will work perfectly, just a thought.

CONGRATS and Good Luck to you!!!!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
J San, I wish I could use this one. I have a laundry room full of Protein waters I purchased pre surgery. Natch, immediately after surgery my body would no longer tolerate liquid whey! 😀. I did add an extra Protein Bar last night.
Woke up this morning another full pound lighter! 😄🤦‍♀️
I know it will all work out.
I talked to my shrink (who has been through this sleeve thing and dropped to 18 BMI). She said I’ll just have to go with it, like my surgeon predicted, and fight my way back up to 150 when I can do more volume. It’s pretty much what happened to her, too. Just have to roll with it, I guess.

Start excercising, change routine for muscle development. Fill that farm girl frame with lean muscle by doing so you should open up your appetite and you’ll be happy with the future results.

Sounds like the Perfect Plan to Me!

Add in things like avocado or nuts... healthy higher calorie items?

I appreciate all the advice. Love the smart folks here who think of the things I overlook because they are right in front of me!

I'm looking forward to getting back to swimming and walking after the 6-8 weeks of mandatory "don't move your head" sentence! I did NOT know about that until I'd paid in full! Not that It would have changed my mind. Goodbye wottle. Hello not having to extend my arm to Heaven just to get a half decent shot of my face! Tuesday can't come quickly enough! (Natch, then I'll be griping about looking like a smashed pumpkin for weeks!)

On 8/17/2018 at 9:21 AM, Screwballski said:

I did add an extra Protein Bar last night.
Woke up this morning another full pound lighter! 😄🤦‍♀️

Eeekkk!!! Stephen King wrote a book about this and a scary movie! "Thinner!" I do like the suggestions already of adding a few nuts to your diet. It does work and not a terrible deviation from being healthy. Raw almonds. You can even experiment with soaking them first. Supposedly it makes them better for you.