So......where to begin.?...... Hmmm...
Here's the basics:
My name is Laura and for a while now I've been considering Gastric Sleeve surgery. I'm currently 30 years old..I think after a lot of debate and research i picked the sleeve b/c I felt like this would give me the best results for me and my body. I met with my surgeon (Daniel J. Cronk, Jr.) on 8/15/2018 where i weighed in at 258 at 5'6 (3/4). (40 bmi). After discussing different options with him, he agreed that I would be best suited for VSG.
I think a lot of the reasoning why I wanted surgery was for a lot of personal reasons but since this is my story here they are:
1) I really would like to be able to wear my wedding rings without my fingers swelling up so bad all the time that I have to take them off.
2) I have several medications that I would love to come off of.. (cholesterol, thyroid, blood pressure, etc.)
3) I went to the heart doctor due to pains in chest and had a echo-cardiogram done and a stress test. The stress test results were good but my echo showed thickening in the walls of my heart which the doctor said was most likely contributed to high bp, and or my cholesterol.
4) My in laws are super active people and while I love the out doors at 258lbs with health problems and constant swelling in joints, i can't keep up and have to miss out on a lot of fun adventures, and/or i slow everyone down.
5) I'm tired of being the fat person in group and always hating to have my photo taken in a group of people. It makes me really just full of dread and anxiety looking at myself like that in photos.
There's some other reasons too but those are the big ones.
I went ahead and had my consult with my surgeon and have a nutritionist appointment set up in a couple weeks. I'm self-pay so luckily I don't have to wait 6-7 months for insurance to make me do a diet before hand.however I DO have to figure out how i'm going to get the time off allowed from work for this...
Height: 5 feet 7 inches
Starting Weight: 258 lbs
Weight on Day of Surgery:
Current Weight: 258 lbs
Goal Weight: 135 lbs
Surgery: Gastric Sleeve
Surgery Status: Pre Surgery
First Dr. Visit: 08/15/2018
Surgery Date: 10/30/2018
Hospital Stay: 1 Day
Surgery Funding: Self Paid
Insurance Outcome: Not covered
sleevegirl88's Bariatric Surgeon
Ft. Campbell, Kentucky 42223