Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay so anyone else have a complete intolerance post op with any kind of meat. My pouch doesn’t like it and I don’t care for it either. I prefer veggies and that’s about it. I’m not really getting any Protein in other than the drinks which my program wants me off of. I’m over a month post op right now.

Six weeks is still early. I'd just be patient and see if it becomes easier to tolerate.

Why does your program want you off shakes? I still rely on them at 6 months because I have a lot of restriction. My program has no issue with that.

On 08/12/2018 at 17:40, sillykitty said:

Six weeks is still early. I'd just be patient and see if it becomes easier to tolerate.

Why does your program want you off shakes? I still rely on them at 6 months because I have a lot of restriction. My program has no issue with that.

They consider them a slider food

1 minute ago, mckenzie said:

They consider them a slider food

Well they are ... but I don't think anyone drinks them because they taste great. I think for most people it's just a way to meet their Protein goals.

I'd have a problem if my program had an issue with Protein Drinks, as long as they were low cal, high protein options.

On 08/12/2018 at 17:45, sillykitty said:

Well they are ... but I don't think anyone drinks them because they taste great. I think for most people it's just a way to meet their Protein goals.

I'd have a problem if my program had an issue with Protein Drinks, as long as they were low cal, high Protein options.

I may just do them anyways. I am tired all the time and it’s because I’m not getting anything.

Just now, mckenzie said:

I may just do them anyways. I am tired all the time and it’s because I’m not getting anything.

I would. Getting your Protein in is far more important than worrying if it's a slider food, IMO.

1 hour ago, mckenzie said:

Okay so anyone else have a complete intolerance post op with any kind of meat. My pouch doesn’t like it and I don’t care for it either. I prefer veggies and that’s about it. I’m not really getting any Protein in other than the drinks which my program wants me off of. I’m over a month post op right now.

You *could* manage as an ovo lacto pescaterian

On 08/12/2018 at 18:52, GreenTealael said:

You *could* manage as an ovo lacto pescaterian

What is that

Could you get your Protein from plants also? Beans and Lentils might work since you already seem to be eating a plant-based diet.

As far as me, I need the Protein Drinks to get enough protein calories in. For right now, I'd be totally fine "eating" only them for a year. My desire for food has virtually vanished, a benefit I hoped I got before surgery.

"Sliders". If you lived in the Midwest, they have a different meaning. For one, you have to get them at a castle painted white! Pre-surgery, I took a co-worker there. I warned him not to eat more than 2 because his body would not like him afterward. He didn't want to feel like a wimp next to my half dozen, so he got 4......The next day..."Oh my gosh, how can you do that and live?" -- "Titration my friend, had about 30 years to ramp up!". Scary thing was my boss put down a dozen or 18 once. Granted he's a very tall guy, but wow. It was actually a tradition whenever I had to fly into Detroit. Land, get rental car, immediately get white castle, then go to hotel.

If I can tolerate meat later on, it might actually be a good choice, so long as I didn't eat the bun. There probably isn't more than 1.5 ounces of beef in that patty.

Yeah you are right about White Castle, they are v the sneaky,type of Sliders. Midwest Joke
How can you,tell a White Casle fiend?
Answer- They have 5 little holes in. their 😝 tongue!
Now to explain to you in benighted areas. White Castle's meat patties are fashioned with 5 little hole so they cook quickly. Now they have expanded to a few. other sandwiches, onion rings and things that go well with those little chopped onion- blessed critters. They are also known as "cab driver steak" when you're driving a cab they are cheap and quick. Don't take much time away from hauling fares.
How do I seem an expert on White Castle? I lived in Columbus for 10 years, about half of those within a few blocks of the 1st at the corner of N High St and W Dodridge, sad to say it is no longer, like the song "they paved paradise and put up a parking lot" but White Castle lives on. For the desperate you can buy them frozen at Kroger's and Wal-Mart. And alas where I live in Mount Vernon, 48 miles NE we DO NOT HAVE a White Castle. We go to Delaware maybe 25-29 miles WSW when we want fresh and don't want to go into Columbus.🍔

On 08/12/2018 at 18:29, mckenzie said:

Can you do the qreek yogurt. How about fat free refried Beans with an egg scrambled in it? You can add the un flavored whey Protein to everything too.

Is quinoa an option or even though it has Protein it's TOO CARBie?