Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey! So I am just about to go to my second weigh in out of 6, so I have awhile to go until ready for surgery. However, I am already freaking out about waiting on insurance for an approval. I am hoping to have surgery in Dec, and really want it then since I have already met my deductible. How long did you with BCBS have to wait from when the doc's office sent in the request until you heard a reply? Thanks!!

I have BCBS of WNY and I got approval in less than a week. My doctor submitted on a Thursday and by the next Tuesday I was approved. BUT my doctor's office has a specific plan that you have to go through including a pre-submission insurance review where they check everything over and match it up with your insurance to give the best chance of approval before they even send it out.

• Like 1

Hi. I waited about 5-6 days. I had my dr office try to reserve a surgery date too. I was approved in like November ish but wanted surgery in late December.
  • Like 1

Submitted on a Thursday, approved on Monday
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 9:29 AM, chelsey211 said:

Hey! So I am just about to go to my second weigh in out of 6, so I have awhile to go until ready for surgery. However, I am already freaking out about waiting on insurance for an approval. I am hoping to have surgery in Dec, and really want it then since I have already met my deductible. How long did you with BCBS have to wait from when the doc's office sent in the request until you heard a reply? Thanks!!

Hi! I have BCBSTX and it took me 3 weeks to hear back. ☺️