Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you weigh yourself?

Like so many, daily in the morning. I was not given instruction on how often to way myself. I track it just like I track my food intake and walking. I'm sure I'll tire of doing it and will cut back but for now 2 weeks post op I want to know what's going on. I went up 2lbs earlier this week and stalled at that weight for three days following. I upped my calorie intake a bit and that seemed to get me back on track. I'm curious to see my weight tomorrow after my first day of phase 3.

Every morning I weigh my “naked weight” first thing. Sometimes I’ll do it through out the day... since I’m home now. I really need to get back to work so I can stop obsessing. 😂😂

I weigh myself once a week. Same day of the week, every week, same time of day, same attire.

In my opinion, weighing daily only increases your risk for anxiety. We normally have daily fluctuations based upon a lot of various factors, including Water retention and what we ate vs what we eliminated.

I'm a "slow and steady wins the race" kind of gal. I didn't gain this weight in a short amount of time and I don't expect to lose it fast. As long as I'm losing, I'm happy. AND, I'm developing better health habits that I can maintain over a lifetime.

I signed up for a 6 month post surgery program with nurses and nutrtionists. They gave me a bluetooth scale, fitbit, and online tracker. We are going to weigh once a week. They said it's 100% normal to not lose a lot of weight right after surgery for some people so don't worry

EVERYDAY
Better question is..... who creates weekly 2 month moving average weight loss trendlines in spreadsheets???... Me Me Me!

Weight will fluctuate. I got exceedingly puzzled over a one day 3lb gain, but lost it on two days.

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app

2 times a month on my WLC scales. We were asked when we started our journey that we only weigh in 2 times a month. I don’t even own a scale at home, I won’t even buy one. I feel that this works great for me. I will be following this schedule after surgery in October.

I weighed daily until I hit a stall. Then I was frustrated and stayed off the scale for 2 weeks.

I lost 10lbs in that time!

Now I weigh weekly or less.

Every morning, but my only official weigh-ins are at the doctors office

Only at doctor visits, where they have accurate scales and when it will be recorded, not trying to drive myself crazy because I drank 132oz, urinated 52oz, ate 1/2 cup of watermelon this afternoon, but excrete this morning , my sodium intake is slightly elevate, also todays barometric pressure of 29 ,while Jupiter is ascending during a waning crescent moon and the ice shelves are melting causing a 1℅ increase in sea level across the world. No thanks.

Edited by Tealael

Like I said, I want to know whats going on this early in the game. If I did not weigh myself this morning I would not know I dropped just under 4lbs from yesterday. I'm learning from it, I now physically see how the whole calories in -vs- calories out things affects me. I went walking yesterday for about 30 minutes and entered that into MyFitnessPal. Along with tracking my food intake I came out with a negative on calorie consumption. It was my 1st day of phase 3 and I didn't get in a lot, just wouldn't fit. I'm sure that will change by the end of the week long phase but I'll have an idea of how certain foods react with what I'm physically doing.

Learn now so it becomes second nature later. Then I won't have to worry about crescent moons or ice shelves either. ;-)

I weigh daily, in the morning when I get up, in my birthday suit. 😂

But I’m going to put my scale away for a while. I feel myself starting to obsess over the number and pick myself apart about what I must be doing wrong. The truth is I’m following my plan and doing some moderate exercise (walking and light weight lifting) but my weight loss isn’t nearly as fast as I had hoped. I’m 6 weeks out and have lost 18 pounds. So right now I’m in the process of adjusting my expectations, trying to Celebrate my NSVs (like the fact that I’m wearing pants I haven’t been able to wear in years!) and trying to remind myself that I’m so early in this journey, my body has been through a lot and I need to appreciate the process even when it’s tough.

I wish the same for you!

............So just got back from my walk and after talking to my wife about calories burned I found out using a generic input on MyFitnessPal was not a good idea. Apparently with the tiny amount of walking I did there is no way I could burn so many calories. Well maybe not but I still lost 4lbs according to my scale that sometimes very often does not read accurately.

ITS MY STORY AND I"M STICKING TO IT.....as long as you all know it's probably all BS. I did learn something though...............

And it better be- It Works, It ain't Broke, Don't Hit it with a Rubber Mallet Trying to Fix It!!!😝👍😝

............So just got back from my walk and after talking to my wife about calories burned I found out using a generic input on MyFitnessPal was not a good idea. Apparently with the tiny amount of walking I did there is no way I could burn so many calories. Well maybe not but I still lost 4lbs according to my scale that sometimes very often does not read accurately.

ITS MY STORY AND I"M STICKING TO IT.....as long as you all know it's probably all BS. I did learn something though...............

Most weight loss is done through breathing. So by increasing your metabolism walking you jump starting baome weight loss. I don't know the exact mechanism but I think you lost some Water with it, but your body will collect some water later on as your drink.

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app

I've been weighing myself every morning, first thing. I only record my losses, but any stalls or gains allow me to look back over my food diary and think about what I've taken in vs out. Not enough Water? Not enough Fiber? Not enough Protein? Ok - and I make adjustments.