Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have only lost 12 lbs in 6 weeks since surgery. I'm walking 2 miles a day since day 5 and eating 640 cals a day average, 65 Protein, 30 carbs, 30 fat a day. Wish I had the bypass.

You have lost total 23 according to your stats, and you have a low bmi, and weigh approx 180. You are not going to lose as fast as someone with a bmi of 40. And plateaus and stalls happen and sometimes the body adjusts to the initial weight loss by holding onto Fluid while healing, trust the program your nutritionist put you on, if you stop losing for a lengthy time then have the NUT check your food journal and see if anything can be improved upon.

Do you journal your food intake daily? That helps to determine what is working or not working.

I have only lost 12 lbs in 6 weeks since surgery. I'm walking 2 miles a day since day 5 and eating 640 cals a day average, 65 Protein, 30 carbs, 30 fat a day. Wish I had the bypass.

So far calories and such look ok but its hard be sure its not food related unless you post examples (not all calories are create equal)

How are you doing on Vitamins?

TMI ALERT

How are your bowel movements? Are they super regular?

If not this can slow down weight loss , which is why your team may add Fiber supplements and laxatives...

Check in with your team soon and express your concerns.

But let me tell you. I thought I was losing slowly (which I am) and was a little bothered by it a while ago until more recently when I noticed the sag in my skin and just then i became grateful about the pace and that it's not worse, which it would have been if I lost any faster.

If you can think of any other info to add please do, we can help you figure out what questions to ask your team.

Other than weight loss, how are you feeling?

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

5 hours ago, Fallinfast said:

Try upping your Protein intake (and calories) a few hundred, to around 1000... there are studies that show that if your intake is too low you could end up not losing anything because your body enters a starvation mode, it doesn't happen to everyone, but it does happen. One of the ways to break out of that "starvation mode" is to increase your intake a bit.

Eat more. You are starving your body into halting weight loss.

Definitely keep a food journal and discuss with your NUT. Also what’s your Water intake? That can also inhibit weight loss- body uses water to help flush out fat. Hang in there

I find eating more for a few days jumps starts things. There have been times where I over do it on fruit and nuts, thinking I have sabotaged my week and then I hop on the scale and bam! 5 pounds gone.

The body needs a shake up every once in a while. Oh, and try a laxative!

5 hours ago, Matt Z said:

Try upping your Protein intake (and calories) a few hundred, to around 1000... there are studies that show that if your intake is too low you could end up not losing anything because your body enters a starvation mode, it doesn't happen to everyone, but it does happen. One of the ways to break out of that "starvation mode" is to increase your intake a bit.

While I was so sick with a stent I was barely getting any nutrition/protein. I expected I would MELT away but in 7 weeks of yucky...true starving, I only lost 10 lbs! Now that yuck is out of me I try to get about 800 cal in good Protein and veggies and in 1 week my body kicked 7 lbs. My surgeon told me you have to eat to lose weight faster. Mind bender for me, but true!