Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos



Recommended Posts

On 02/26/2019 at 13:52, GreenTealael said:



Handmade Vegetarian eggrolls at the request of *someone* lol




These things are massive because I'm lazy and didn't want to make 27384826385 of them that come in the pack.




So I used two sheets per roll and stuffed them with about a cup of sauteed cabbage/carrot mix each.




I pan fried them in a lightly oil skillet. No deep frying necessary.




Success.




I guesstimate they are around 200-300 cals each.




Of course I tried one and it almost took me out of the game. Lol I had to split it between Iunch and dinner. The person I made it for could only eat one (with a bowl of homemade vegetarian Tonkotsu ramen) so they maybe big for regular gastro-anatomy folks too




I could see these being stuffed with tons of great fillings.




20190226_074345.jpg


This looks amazing 🤤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, RoRoKitty said:
On 2/26/2019 at 7:52 AM, GreenTealael said:


Handmade Vegetarian eggrolls at the request of *someone* lol


These things are massive because I'm lazy and didn't want to make 27384826385 of them that come in the pack.


So I used two sheets per roll and stuffed them with about a cup of sauteed cabbage/carrot mix each.


I pan fried them in a lightly oil skillet. No deep frying necessary.


Success.


I guesstimate they are around 200-300 cals each.


Of course I tried one and it almost took me out of the game. Lol I had to split it between Iunch and dinner. The person I made it for could only eat one (with a bowl of homemade vegetarian Tonkotsu ramen) so they maybe big for regular gastro-anatomy folks too


I could see these being stuffed with tons of great fillings.


20190226_074345.jpg

This looks amazing 🤤

They are a pretty amazing substitute to the deepfried nonsense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite takeout meal, carnitas tacos! This is the after - I just eat the filling. These 3 will last me 3-4 meals depending if I add any veggies in. I like to make a lime slaw to go with it:

Thinly sliced Napa cabbage & cilantro with dressing of: zest & juice of 3 limes, pinch salt, 2T olive oil, tiny squirt liquid splenda. I like to dress it about an hour before I eat it so it can slightly soften the cabbage. Great for meal prep because cabbage is so sturdy

20190301_113910.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read through this whole thread - it's great! I was just wondering though, did you ever make the Everything Bagels @GreenTealael ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, froufrou said:

I've read through this whole thread - it's great! I was just wondering though, did you ever make the Everything Bagels @GreenTealael ?

No not yet, i just recently got the seasonings from Trader Joe's. I may try this coming week! Thanks for the ❤❤❤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

No not yet, i just recently got the seasonings from Trader Joe's. I may try this coming week! Thanks for the ❤❤❤

I can't wait to see the results! I also love your food choices. I'm vegetarian (have been since birth and I'm 49 now) - and they are really inspiring. Oh, I meant to ask... where do you buy hazelnut oil? I might have to try out the Braggs Amino acids - I haven't ever used it, I always use Marmite to make my dishes 'meaty'. I LOVE Marmite with a little butter on a Ryvita with cucumber on top. Yum.

Edited by froufrou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, froufrou said:

I can't wait to see the results! I also love your food choices. I'm vegetarian (have been since birth and I'm 49 now) - and they are really inspiring. Oh, I meant to ask... where do you buy hazelnut oil? I might have to try out the Braggs Amino acids - I haven't ever used it, I always use Marmite to make my dishes 'meaty'. I LOVE Marmite with a little butter on a Ryvita with cucumber on top. Yum.

Thank you!!!! I think i bought the hazelnut oil at a local co-op, sorry :( but braggs is everywhere

Im not fully vegetarian anymore more like flexible. But very soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tired of drinking your Protein? ??

Not a new concept but i present

Protein Waffles

Protein powder, baking soda, egg, Water & faith lol

Add ins are Super customizable... Except the faith... You need that for these to work lol

20190301_173534.jpg

20190301_173604.jpg

20190301_173406.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow, they look good! Can't wait till I can eat solids again.

Do any of you know any Protein powder that isn't whey based that you can cook with?

Also, have any of you cooked cloud bread before? I tried it once - wasn't bad!

Edit: Here's a recipe https://www.aspicyperspective.com/best-cloud-bread-recipe/

Edited by froufrou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, froufrou said:

Oh wow, they look good! Can't wait till I can eat solids again.

Do any of you know any Protein powder that isn't whey based that you can cook with?

Also, have any of you cooked cloud bread before? I tried it once - wasn't bad!

Edit: Here's a recipe https://www.aspicyperspective.com/best-cloud-bread-recipe/

There are the vegan ones like Vega and the egg Protein powders but i haven't tried cooking with either yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cherry tomatoes, Scrambled eggs and a mushroom and zucchini stir-fry to which I added some garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper. Very nom. 20190302_140536.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Naughty Glitter Goddess said:

My favorite takeout meal, carnitas tacos! This is the after - I just eat the filling. These 3 will last me 3-4 meals depending if I add any veggies in. I like to make a lime slaw to go with it:

Thinly sliced Napa cabbage & cilantro with dressing of: zest & juice of 3 limes, pinch salt, 2T olive oil, tiny squirt liquid splenda. I like to dress it about an hour before I eat it so it can slightly soften the cabbage. Great for meal prep because cabbage is so sturdy

20190301_113910.jpg

Looks amazing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ummyasmin said:

Cherry tomatoes, Scrambled eggs and a mushroom and zucchini stir-fry to which I added some garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper. Very nom. 20190302_140536.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Looks so good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks so good!
So good and just perfect amount for me. I over - salted re veggies a bit but I'm trying to eat more salt coz hypotension thingy. I'm not used to salty food.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Air fried chicken and asparagus hysteria with a little panko and olive oil that was misted on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Fairytail

      I had gastric sleeve surgery 5 years ago. My gastric reflux has recently got so bad that's the acid burns into my ears. I was given a lidocaine solution that would help with the burning pain in my throat. I spoke to my gastroenterologist about a procedure I saw online for the reflux.  She said I didn't qualify so I went to see the doctor that did this procedure who happens to be a bariatric doctor. He explained why I was not good for the procedure because I had a stricture in the esophagus a hiatal hernia. Due to the gastric sleeve the acid is being forced up into my throat. The doctor wants to do a bypass which should relieve that pressure. I am going for an upper GI tomorrow.  I was wondering if anyone else as experienced this. I am new here I do not go on social media so I don't know my way around I will try to find my way back here.
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

        I was revised from a sleeve to a bypass 10 months out from my sleeve. I was waking up with acid in my mouth and burning the back of my nose. The bypass worked beautifully in eliminating the reflux. Oh, and to get back here, just google bariatricpal forums!

    • kdgarcia

      Surgery Next Tuesday!!!!!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

      Hide and Seek? No....   If you have noticed, it’s been a little bit of stretch between posts. It’s not because I am not interested in blogging. I absolutely love sharing my journey with you.   You see, my world has changed! I now exercise every single morning with a 3 to 4-mile walk. I also now meal prep so I don’t fall into old habits.   I am also a bit hooked on closing my Apple Watch Fitness Rings! In fact, I am obsessed with doubling and tripling most of them.   So this does take up a lot of time and by the time you add work into the mix and family time, it becomes a shorter day.   Priorities are in order for me and I could not be happier.   So in the last week, I’ve been hitting goals that I never thought I would be able to hit again. I weigh myself on Sunday’s now. It’s just easier to do before I get dressed for church. It just feels good. I refuse to constantly get on the scale when I see everyday victories. Like getting back into clothes I never thought I could, or taking the time to just breathe and be grateful for the blessings I have in my life right now.   Continued on www.SabrinaGoddess.com
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • MissPennyP

      I’m confused 
      · 5 replies
      1. Orgasetiree

        https://eggharborfesthaus.com/desert-kitchen-nm.html

      2. JeffreyAlare

        https://mbig.com.ua/

      3. JeffreyAlare

        https://mbig.com.ua/

      4. Jameszew

        http://www.studiomerliniortodonzia.it/cgi-bin/bentelan.htm

      5. BrandonGep

        https://kinogo2.by/

    • SabrinaGoddess

      6 Weeks Post Op!

      My world is drastically different! I now walk 3 to 4 miles a day and I’m constantly getting up to move my body! .

      I close my Apple Watch rings daily and about 4 to 6 days a week I double or triple them!

      I have been released to have all foods. When I reintroduce some I need to start at 1 ounce to see how “Tiny Tummy” likes it!

      I am not reintroducing sugars, coffee or junk! I did not pay close to $13,000 to fail! .

      I went to get follow up bloodwork done this week and my numbers are all in the perfect range! .

      This is my new world and I am happy it!

      · 2 replies
      1. Arabesque

        Congratulations. It’s a great feeling when the weight disappears & you can start to do so much more. 😁

      2. Slownstedy

        ….and this is only the beginning :)

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×