Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

1 hour ago, summerset said:

Whipped up something with peanut-coconut-sauce and frozen/reheated red sticky rice:

223384440_StickyRice.thumb.jpg.6cbd237fa9655edbaff8c17e01be229f.jpg

I love these flavors together.

another resto dinner.

ordered 2 apps (braised pork belly and grilled octopus cuz i couldn't decide), and dessert (gold leaf bourbon chocolate truffle skulls...so cute right??)

ate one piece of the pork (i didnt like the kimchi it was sitting in...too much sauce, not enough cabbage), and all the cracklin pieces (3 of em)

the octopus was Dee-Lish-ous, omg...ate a tentacle and a half and all the greens.

ate 1 of those super cute skulls.

no after pics cuz its all in mr.'s stomach, ha!

didnt bother tying to figure out the cals..am just gonna log something later that has 600 calories.

...and i didn't drink any alcohol (shocker!) cuz me and mr. and i are going dry for the rest of the month for a bet lol.

A1906142-C899-473A-A1CF-9A632C31AEE1.thumb.jpeg.149aadecf316dec714d52ffe4d217eb2.jpeg

B0A10456-A28C-4C71-8144-399FBAD2A165.thumb.jpeg.f54c2ff2c3ae5430dc9b222399f5ce60.jpeg

98E042E7-3B06-4A1C-B6FA-79EE5A08DF4E.thumb.jpeg.391e27fd56a53b1b61b87823602139fd.jpeg

I thought those meals looked pretty flash for economy @sillykitty 😉.

Do some people actually properly measure ingredients??? Even if I follow a new recipe I rarely follow the measurements exactly adding extra ingredients, not adding others or reducing or increasing how much they say to use. I’m one of those ‘that looks about right’ cooks.

dinner last night. See just my usual vegetables & Protein - honey & soy chicken lovely legs. Reheated leftover dish too. I added some teriyaki & oyster sauce to make them a little more moist. Back when I was losing I could barely eat one med/small leg.

9987C661-85E4-4B1F-A149-4E7C93CAFC07.thumb.jpeg.78b113c43bc054483465ff2433026fd8.jpeg

11 hours ago, Arabesque said:

honey & soy chicken lovely legs

i wasn't sure if u were just using a term of endearment for your poultry so i googled it.

well, im calling frenched drumsticks as "lovely legs" to mess with people from now on.

@GreenTealael Here ya go! Still delicious! haha 287 cal. 24g Protein ATE IT ALLLLL 😋

I attached the recipe also, I actually made a double batch (Fed other people too) but used half the butter required and added baby carrots. I don't think the butter was needed, so next time I make it I am going to skip the butter all together and see how it is. I also used the Au jus mix and not brown gravy mix.

Meal prep tip: add some juice to each dish so it doesn't dry out.

image.thumb.png.a361a0b6bc2f87acf2b1590a389f9a04.png image.thumb.png.66f05023e2fa26dadf20f5eebcf539fd.png

Since you don't mind my wraps lol, this was my lunch. 2 oz lean roast beef deli sliced (70 cal), 1 oz pepper jack cheese (80 cal), lettuce and red onions, spicy brown mustard, all wrapped up in Ole Spinach and herb wrap (50 cal). Heated in the microwave. Total 220 cal . I ate it all.

If you are low carber (I am not) the Ole spinach and herb wraps have 50 cal, and only a net carb of 6g and tastes good. Soft and pliable. 20221116_172532.jpg

19 minutes ago, summerset said:

Because we have a "no food shaming" rule on this thread:

Frust.thumb.jpg.2ebb66e533d1e1ba61fce2f3d61ca147.jpg

YUM that's something I would eat

YUM that's something I would eat
Same same. I have a thing for jalapeno and cheese anything. I ate a Marketside jalapeno and cheese pastry the other day and I put it in the air fryer to puff it up and crisp it. It was wonderful despite it coming from Walmart lol.

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Same same. I have a thing for jalapeno and cheese anything.

I was so glad when I found the Gouda's Glorie sauce! Most of the cheese-imitating stuff is so damn vile...

Honey soy glazed crispy tofu w/ rice and green Beans. Another vegan meal (not for me) but turned out so well I had to share.

966DD092-4B42-44EC-936A-1DE630F2327D.jpeg

2F845300-785D-4552-A72C-B57EB20CF2EE.gif
The secret was to deep fry the tofu. I haven’t deep fried anything in years. I forget how much oil you need. Ironically it was soybean oil, soybean curd and soy sauce.

Edited by GreenTealael

Oppo squash Soup with green papaya, onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and more. (95 cal). I make different versions every week. Different veggies every week. I eat this throughout the day to get my veggies in and stay hydrated. The Protein I had was an air fried small tilapia which I ate first. I ate half of it (112 cal). My cat ate the rest. 20221118_203352.jpg 20221117_151516.jpg

On 11/17/2022 at 9:33 PM, GreenTealael said:

The secret was to deep fry the tofu. I haven’t deep fried anything in years. I forget how much oil you need. Ironically it was soybean oil, soybean curd and soy sauce.

After trial and error I found that cutting into cubes then pressing works best. Then, I coat mine in cornstarch, a little untoasted sesame oil and soy sauce then bake at 400 for 20ish minutes.

Meals yesterday-

Tasty bite brand chana masala topped with roasted tomatoes, onions, peppers, and turkey sausage

The veggies left from the kids creamy Italian chicken (a freezer meal) with leftover crumbled up meatloaf

F543D8D0-E9B4-484C-BB9D-484FDD468E33.jpeg

FF0E0948-3241-49BF-9D72-C1766B55F6D0.jpeg