Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

Ok, check out this work of art!! 😂

A Deep Dish 3-cheese-mushroom-bacon Quiche.

One slice/serving (i.e,. 1/8 of the thing): 365 calories. Ate almost an entire slice...someone swiped the outside part with the crust from my plate.

IMG_4529.thumb.jpg.2392b5ec8117ba649c2d79aa6c4df18e.jpg

IMG_4532.thumb.jpg.4523205cc770512a3a2dbcf9232f9bb9.jpg

Oh my, that quiche looks divine!

On 08/12/2021 at 18:25, ms.sss said:

One slice/serving (i.e,. 1/8 of the thing): 365 calories. Ate almost an entire slice...someone swiped the outside part with the crust from my plate.

Omg that looks so good!! I love quiche. Man can you come over!!

Recipe please!! Although I’m the only one in my house that would eat it. The hub and the boys don’t like stuff like that. Looks super good. Maybe I can make a mini portion since it would just be me eating it

10 hours ago, Kris77 said:

Recipe please!! Although I’m the only one in my house that would eat it. The hub and the boys don’t like stuff like that. Looks super good. Maybe I can make a mini portion since it would just be me eating it

I love me some quiche too, lol. The entire fam likes them as well so i can make as many as I want!!

Attaching both the crust and filling recipe I used below.

Crust: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/baking-basics-homemade-buttery-flaky-pie-crust/

I only used about 1/4 of the finished dough for lining a 7” deep dish spring form pan (the other 3/4 is being reserved for a peach pie im making in a couple days).

Filling:

https://addapinch.com/bacon-and-mushroom-quiche-recipe/

Used portobello instead, and put in a bit more than 2 cups (instead of 1.5) of a cheese mix (basically what i had in the fridge, lol; old cheddar, mozzarella and gruyere)

Oh, and because this was a deep dish, the cooking time was much, much longer (im guessing 1.5 hours total), and i covered it with foil after 30 mins and then took off foil for the last 5 mins.

Voilà!

Edited by ms.sss

13 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Looks amazing! I have never seen such a deep dish quiche but now it’s all I want!

I love chicken pad Thai so much, but I haven't had it in months. I used to eat a full order in a sitting at least once a week. Last night i asked if they could replace the rice noodles with bean sprouts and ate 1/4th of an order (about 1 cup). My husband's full order is included for comparison. It was amazing! 20180724_191045.thumb.jpeg.b04214764fa491dbf07739e2a1d95851.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow! I saved on my phone for example[emoji1]

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using BariatricPal mobile app

So I'm 4 weeks post op and have lost 42lbs since surgery. My biggest problem is eating ...I just can't seem to be able to eat. I made some small shrimps with vegetables and that's all I was able to eat before I start feeling ill. Screenshot_20180819-150417_Baritastic.thumb.jpeg.76af17860222b2ddd11880c1f73454b3.jpeg 20180819_151550.thumb.jpeg.b48cc9fe4e222b5a8a5d7d575021a6cb.jpeg
Sent from my SM-G965F using BariatricPal mobile app
In my opinion after only for weeks ( in 4weeks i'll finish liquid diet) there are so many pieces too big. Try to use a blander.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using BariatricPal mobile app

18 hours ago, ms.sss said:

So that looked so delicious but I am in weight loss now so I searched the web for a healthier version. I found one that used almond flour went and got all the ingredients and started making it only to find it has more calories than your does (it listed it the whole time I just didn’t scroll down that far). I think it’s cause it bad Turkey bacon in it and quite a bit. Anyways I tasted a bit of the crust and it was delicious. I just hope it comes out okay because while I’ve never made quiche before

i don’t think the egg mixture is supposed to be above the rim of the crust. I’m am really not a big cook. Hopefully it’s still edible cause after seeing yours I want it so bad.

Okay so I never cook and I thought this was going to be hard but it wasn’t bad. The filling went higher than the crust so you can’t see it in the picture but I wanted to post anyways since I finally have something to contribute. Not as good as ms sss’s but not bad for my first ever quiche I though.

BC4AF001-C20A-4DA0-A9D5-639CCBC996AB.jpeg

On 08/13/2021 at 07:17, ms.sss said:

I love me some quiche too, lol. The entire fam likes them as well so i can make as many as I want!!

Attaching both the crust and filling recipe I used below.

Crust: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/baking-basics-homemade-buttery-flaky-pie-crust/

I only used about 1/4 of the finished dough for lining a 7” deep dish spring form pan (the other 3/4 is being reserved for a peach pie im making in a couple days).

Filling:

https://addapinch.com/bacon-and-mushroom-quiche-recipe/

Used portobello instead, and put in a bit more than 2 cups (instead of 1.5) of a cheese mix (basically what i had in the fridge, lol; old cheddar, mozzarella and gruyere)

Oh, and because this was a deep dish, the cooking time was much, much longer (im guessing 1.5 hours total), and i covered it with foil after 30 mins and then took off foil for the last 5 mins.

Voilà!

Thank you!!! I may just try it. Did you say peach pie?!!!!

On 08/13/2021 at 14:06, ShoppGirl said:

Okay so I never cook and I thought this was going to be hard but it wasn’t bad. The filling went higher than the crust so you can’t see it in the picture but I wanted to post anyways since I finally have something to contribute. Not as good as ms sss’s but not bad for my first ever quiche I though.

Looks awesome!!!!

8 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

That’s a good looking quiche!

18 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Okay so I never cook and I thought this was going to be hard but it wasn’t bad.

Looks great to me!