Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

6 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

20191124_131748_HDR.thumb.jpg.a3e8dd6286d6629fc5f6e2d2696f3021.jpg

Now how did you get this picture to look like a studio shot? Do you have some cool lightbox or something???

P.S. #yum

23 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Now how did you get this picture to look like a studio shot? Do you have some cool lightbox or something???

P.S. #yum

My trash Android, lap for support, window & rainy day for light 😬🔦👌

I usually take BS photos i when I can remember on the run but I took my time today prepping this salad so it was no rush

Second pic I was in a rush to leave 😂

Edited by GreenTealael

Busy Sunday so I bought lunch in between errands. Shredded chicken tostada. I remembered to take a pic in the middle of a couple bites so excuse my before pic lol

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

Quick dinner tonight: basic salad (forgot to buy spring mix :(), sautéed asparagus, and fresh cod. Posted my bfs plate for comparison. Every time I serve him Im reminded of how much I use to eat. It would be his portion size plus a second piece of fish and more rice. Sometimes I catch myself serving more than what I can eat but then I remind myself I won't even be able to eat that much so I put it back.

Bf's plate:

IMG_1348.thumb.jpg.3457e2d91369ef6f9ad20d080115f567.jpg

My plate:

IMG_1352.thumb.jpg.2879362da59ec9b71ce5413127a1e426.jpg

After:

IMG_1355.thumb.jpg.eb3925c20fc8220c81bc46407db2259f.jpg

Ok, just in case you are saying to yourself: "Self? I feel like I need more chemicals in my life." :) I give you strawberry banana Protein fluff.

I actually had it mixed with Peanut Butter Greek yogurt and it was obscenely satisfying. I don't even care that my tongue is kinda numb. ;) hehe. Or that I'm glowing--just a little. :)

strawberry-banana-fluff_5161.thumb.JPG.1c3194c9d9f68243326b956c9abe0e59.JPG

strawberry-banana-protein-fluff-clouds_5162.thumb.JPG.69394f662fd9099e38bbe6d72cb9805a.JPG

strawberry-banana-pb-yogurt-fluff_5159.thumb.JPG.ba12b10852e2e04c9b9ed77278bc862a.JPG

This was the yogurt concoction. I had already eaten half of it. Sorry for the gooberish pick. SUPER filling! Super filling!

You can use any flavor of Jello or Protein Powder. This was 100% whey isolate although all the recipes call for casein. But it still worked. :) I'm freezing the clouds to see what that texture will be like. I'm thinking I will use some cheesecake sf jello pudding mix to try it. The real recipe calls for strawberries frozen which sounds yum, but it's also 22g of carbs! Yikes! So I did this instead.

Full Recipe of Strawberry Banana Protein Fluff (5 servings-about 1 1/4 cups = 230g of fluff)

FCC_strawberryfluff-full-recipe.JPG.e493213d9513ca038eb207f5a60a09ce.JPG

Single Servings of the Fluff (about 45g)

FCC_strawberryfluff-1serving-of-5.JPG.462014db376f4b1a1aa9a3b4f0f8c444.JPG

Single Serving of PB Greek Yogurt Mixed with a Serving of Strawberry Banana Fluff (dunno how much it weighed)

FCC_strawberryfluff.JPG.1b9ef9d5030c6fdbeb238dc5fb9a539e.JPG

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Found it!!!

YES! Thank you thank you! I cant wait to try this out. I'm a huge broccoli fan ❤️

37 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Meatball Bake w Protein Pasta

Looks mouth watering! 😋

1 hour ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

YES! Thank you thank you! I cant wait to try this out. I'm a huge broccoli fan ❤️

I can't wait to try this also... But for someone else

Lunch: chicken in tomatillo sauce tostada.

IMG_1370.thumb.jpg.e4225d227e17e93680ebbd6dd8f7f93e.jpg

IMG_1372.thumb.jpg.8e601a19737100e45d04f4b770c828d0.jpg

Note: if you’re wondering why the two different plates, the first one leaked through

Edited by MarvelGirl25

Curious - why does everyone seem to make bigger/normal portions only to eat 1/3 or less? I can't imagine than an omelette reheats all that well?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches