Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know we aren't "supposed" to compare things along this journey but... I am curious about other peoples routine's/meals/lives/etc.

My question is how much fluids is everyone (actually) drinking daily/how far post op?

Anyone else curious? Post questions too!

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

I am 5 weeks post op and my Fluid intake varies greatly from day to day depending on my schedule that day. Some days I take in well over 64oz, other days (like today) I’m sitting here at almost 9 pm and I’m working on 18oz total for the day. I am usually good at having a routine and being a good post op boy, but some days it just doesn’t happen. So I’ll be awake for a while trying to hydrate myself before bed.

I am 5 weeks post op and my Fluid intake varies greatly from day to day depending on my schedule that day. Some days I take in well over 64oz, other days (like today) I’m sitting here at almost 9 pm and I’m working on 18oz total for the day. I am usually good at having a routine and being a good post op boy, but some days it just doesn’t happen. So I’ll be awake for a while trying to hydrate myself before bed.
Do you feel better/worse the next day after high/low intake?

When I'm working from home, I get 64 oz about 80% of the time. I rarely get more than that. (Not including Protein Shakes or soup)

When I'm traveling, ugh, some days maybe 16 oz? Never more than 32 oz. I've given up, I don't even try to hit 64 oz. I mean, I can't carry a Yeti around with me all the time, bring it to customer meetings? I can't just stop in and buy bottled Water all the time. Can't drink during or after meals.

I used to drink quite a bit on planes. But that bit me in the ass one time, so I'm hesitant. I really had to pee, but we had started our descent, so I held it, then on the ground we had to wait and wait for a gate, I was dying. I finally just got up and told the FA I was pregnant and couldn't hold it anymore. That was half true at least! :blush:

I get the most water in when I'm out at bars. But water is never refilled as quickly as alcohol, so that slows me down. It's funny, four pints of beer is 64 oz, and that was no problem what so ever, just getting started for the evening. Four pints of water feels like an impossible task :lol:

11 weeks post op tomorrow and I drink regular brewed coffee 32 ounces per day (not as much as it sounds...1 Keurig pod and 16 ounces water), 6 ounces Premier Protein shake (in the coffee), minimum of 80 ounces plain Water and 20 ounces Crystal Light or Powerade Zero per day. A few times, when I did not drink this much I noticed increased muscle fatigue in completing my daily 1.75 mile walk and a few episodes of dizziness when standing up quickly so I try to get it in every day. I also seem to retain water in my fingers if I do not drink enough.

I do sweat like a racehorse during the walk :D and doing almost anything in this crazy heat here. I do use a straw in my Yeti cup to help me drink it faster.

I feel a lot of fatigue the next day. Today I was working out in the yard, we had very high humidity here and I was sweating like mad. At the end of the day I had a headache and just felt drained. I have noticed that if I wear my hydration pack and remain hydrated throughout the day I am good to go.

I really try to be good, but life can get in the way. 😕

I take most of my Vitamins most of the time.

Ideal eating and drinking routine is starting my day with Fluid (sometimes Protein, sometimes tea).

I have a 20 oz refillable bottle and I alternate fluids and food. If I drink 20 oz of fluid between each food intake it helps me manage real hunger, thirst, and head hunger.

I track protein and fluid, kinda. Never calories, carbs, or fat. Way too much work. I have total respect for all of you who are good about it. I am following a lower carb/fat diet and eating the right things, good enough.

WLS has changed my life, but not become my obsession. Probably why I am a slow loser, but still consistently losing pounds and inches so it is working for me.

I really try to be good, but life can get in the way. [emoji53] I take most of my Vitamins most of the time.

Ideal eating and drinking routine is starting my day with Fluid (sometimes Protein, sometimes tea).

I have a 20 oz refillable bottle and I alternate fluids and food. If I drink 20 oz of Fluid between each food intake it helps me manage real hunger, thirst, and head hunger.

I track Protein and Fluid, kinda. Never calories, carbs, or fat. Way too much work. I have total respect for all of you who are good about it. I am following a lower carb/fat diet and eating the right things, good enough.

WLS has changed my life, but not become my obsession. Probably why I am a slow loser, but still consistently losing pounds and inches so it is working for me.

I spent one sunday entering all of my foods into Myfitnesspal so now it auto poplates and make tracking EASY

But I agree, not my obsession

I still drink 1 Protein Drink everyday! Without it I don't think I could get all my Protein in. I had surgery 02/09/18. I drink roughly 64-80 ozs of Fluid a day. It is equally split between Powerade zero and Water. The more water I drink it seems the better I feel and the more weight I lose..

Let's see--I am three months out on Friday. I very rarely get my 64 oz in. I usually get to 50 oz (i don't count my shakes as Fluid, as my NUT told me not to). My calories are between 600-900 a day. I stay below 60 carbs, and I do actually get all my Protein in, at least 60 grams per day, but usually I am over 80 grams. I have issues with stomach upset and GERD so I still get most of my nutrition from Protein Shakes and Protein Powder in greek yogurt.

I forget my Vitamins often.

15 hours ago, sillykitty said:

<snip>

When I'm traveling, ugh, some days maybe 16 oz? Never more than 32 oz. I've given up, I don't even try to hit 64 oz. I mean, I can't carry a Yeti around with me all the time, bring it to customer meetings? I can't just stop in and buy bottled Water all the time. Can't drink during or after meals.

<snip>

I do not understand why you cannot bring Water to a customer meeting? I do not see that as being unprofessional at all.

15 minutes ago, macadamia said:

I do not understand why you cannot bring Water to a customer meeting? I do not see that as being unprofessional at all.

I guess it would be depend on the nature of the meeting. If it was a long, strategic, logistics type meeting, then bottled Water is usually provided. But mostly I am in business reviews or sales pitches. I can only tell you I've never seen anyone bring water to those, and I wouldn't feel comfortable doing so.

I guess it would be depend on the nature of the meeting. If it was a long, strategic, logistics type meeting, then bottled Water is usually provided. But mostly I am in business reviews or sales pitches. I can only tell you I've never seen anyone bring Water to those, and I wouldn't feel comfortable doing so.

You should strut in with the most expensive looking Water possible, make other people wonder what it is and question their hydration patterns for a change lol