Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

unprotected sex a week before surgery??

wow thanks for doing research for me! i took a pregnancy test during my pre-op visit which was the day before i had sex, i’m not sure if they’ll give me another one the day of. but yes, i would rather see my OBGYN
Anytime

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

Most hospitals do a urine test when they admit you to pick up exactly this. I'll defer to the medical professionals on this board for verification, but every single time I've gone to the hospital for a procedure they've made me pee in a cup. It's always been for a pregnancy test.
If it comes back positive they won't operate. Pretty straightforward and other than telling them you had unprotected sex, you don't really need to do anything here.
(...and here of course is the unsolicited advice of DAMN, if you're only on a one-month birth control break which I assume means you don't want to be pregnant, why play Russian roulette like that? Condom! Condom condom condom! Spermicide! Condom! Diaphragm! Condom! Ack!)
"They" need to invent better condoms, as soon as they go on, the fun stops...

I hear you, but I also find newborns EXTREMELY UN-FUN. One of my friends was just disastrously sick seven months of her pregnancy. Another one had to go on bed rest starting month 5. We work in an industry where that stuff can happen and you can actually keep your job, but... shudder. Total buzzkill for me, no matter how in-the-moment I am.

It's a big area to cover but I humbly accept the acclaim that comes with it!😛🌈😛

And PS one of the hosptals in my service atea, Riverside Methodist in Columbus runs routine pregnancy testing on every female up to 54 years old! 👈😛👉

They will absolutely do a pregnancy test the day of surgery

I hear you, but I also find newborns EXTREMELY UN-FUN. One of my friends was just disastrously sick seven months of her pregnancy. Another one had to go on bed rest starting month 5. We work in an industry where that stuff can happen and you can actually keep your job, but... shudder. Total buzzkill for me, no matter how in-the-moment I am.

I don't mind babies, The OP may not either, but I'm certain the design flaws of condoms has to be one of the main reason why people don't use them. I just wish some thinktank would fix the problemVSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

On 07/22/2018 at 15:58, Tealael said:

I don't make mind babies, The OP may not either, but I'm certain the design flaws of condoms has to be one of the main reason why people don't use them. I just wish some thinktank would fix the problem

i mean, i love kids, i nanny for my job... but i’m also 22 and this is just a hookup, not someone i would want to be with my whole life ya know? condoms are no fun for anyone LOL i usually am fine because i’m on birth control but it was so heat of the moment and i just didn’t think of it. i’m thinking that i’ll be okay

i mean, i love kids, i nanny for my job... but i’m also 22 and this is just a hookup, not someone i would want to be with my whole life ya know? condoms are no fun for anyone LOL i usually am fine because i’m on birth control but it was so heat of the moment and i just didn’t think of it. i’m thinking that i’ll be okay
I totally understand and good luck with surgery!!

Even with birth control should have been using condoms particularly if its just a hook up - safe sex doesn't mean just protection from pregnancy. Even if condoms are not fun for anyone, I would think catching a sexually transmitted disease wouldn't be fun as well.

On 07/22/2018 at 16:33, 2shea said:

Even with birth control should have been using condoms particularly if its just a hook up - safe sex doesn't mean just protection from pregnancy. Even if condoms are not fun for anyone, I would think catching a sexually transmitted disease wouldn't be fun as well.

yeah i know. we’ve hooked up in the past and know each other’s history’s though so that wasn’t what i was worried about

7 hours ago, Tealael said:

I just wish some think tank would fix the problem

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/pgkwqv/where-are-our-next-generation-condoms

My dr refused to do my procedure until a pregnancy test. They straight cathed me and nothing. The nurse that cathed me thought she was in the wrong hole. So i got poked by a cath where there was no hole. I never screamed so loud! Because of the pain they got enough out of me to do the pregnancy test. I explained i had my tubes”tied” and had not had sex in 4 1/2years! I held everyone up for 45 minutes

Hope nobody plans to do a pregnancy test on me . At 72 a waste of their time and my insurances 💰.😝👣😝

On 07/28/2018 at 17:47, Frustr8 said:

Hope nobody plans to do a pregnancy test on me . At 72 a waste of their time and my insurances 💰.😝👣😝
well i’m sure you’re all at the edge of your seats, but i got my period today (week and a half early). normally i’d be annoyed cause like, dude, i just got surgery you’re really gonna do me like this AND give me my period? but i’m relieved 😂