Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the big day....any advice?

So tomorrow is the big day. I’m really excited. I mean it’s been a long time coming. Haha. But I’ve also hit my freaking out day today. I’m not second guessing, just the anxiety mixed with the million what ifs. Any last minute advice?

That is what I felt (I'm only 2 weeks out so I still remember it vividly). I have had anxiety/panic disorder for the last 20 years give or take, so I kind of knew what to expect. In my case, I asked the anesthesiologist beforehand if I could take Xanax before I arrived at the facility, to which they told me I could, so long as I took it 2 hours before my arrival time. Doing so made the pre-knocked-out part 1 million times better than normal for me.

Otherwise, I would try to distract yourself and do some fun things that you won't be able to do for the first couple of weeks. Take a walk, country drive, go boating, go to the movies... basically anything that you enjoy that will not cause you to get "hurt" (Allergies, etc.) before the surgery.

I'm sure everything will go fine, but I will pray for you tonight!

So tomorrow is the big day. I’m really excited. I mean it’s been a long time coming. Haha. But I’ve also hit my freaking out day today. I’m not second guessing, just the anxiety mixed with the million what ifs. Any last minute advice?
Tonight... Party like its 1999
CONGRATS!

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

You’ll do amazing and it’ll be over before you know it! Just breathe :)

My day will be here in about six weeks. I plan to take a leisurely relaxed walk around my neighborhood. Ohio is pretty in the summertime, notice the flowers blooming, the green grass, the clear blue skies and white puffy clouds, I live far enough away from Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo and even Columbus. that we don't have heavy traffic and smoggy pollution. Although we do have some rolling hills in Mount Vernon my own neighborhood is pretty flat. Might speak to my neighbors if they are out in their,yards or barbecuing. As it gets closer to night I will catch lightening bugs like I did when. I was a little Frustr8. Then either watch TV or read my Bible. I will have made Tomkitten a nice meal, the favorites he likes because I will still be finishing up my diet and probably,on Clear Liquids before going NPO. Then I will make sure everything is by the front door, because I have to be in Columbus at 5AM for my 7 AM surgery. I will spend the rest of the evening loving Tomkitten, talking and laughing. I have no doubts that I will live through this, I trust Dr Needleman with my life, he is a wonderful surgeon,but also a very.calm professional,person.
Before his older brother died 10 years ago there were things, if I knew he was facing death, I wish I could have told him, I will tell Tomkitten those things. And then I will say my prayers, and trust the same God who has watched over me for my entire life, will be watching and guiding my surgeon's hand to do a quick bloodless smooth surgery and perform the miracles he is capable of. And when I wake up I will be safe in a recovery room starting my future days. That is what September 4th into September 5th will mean to me. 😛🌈😷🏣

Breathe. Pray. Think about all the positive things in your life. Be happy. You earned this and deserve this new chapter. Look out world, here comes @MamaOnlyHasTwoHands v2! Sending you warm vibes.

If you wake up in pain (some do, some don’t) and wonder what you did, remember it’s a few days of discomfort for the rest of your life and hospitals have the best drugs! Good luck!

If you wake up in pain (some do, some don’t) and wonder what you did, remember it’s a few days of discomfort for the rest of your life and hospitals have the best drugs! Good luck!
Good Luck!! Had surgery Friday 7/20. 5 days post op. Able to drink half Protein Drink. Went to sonic and got a cup of crushed ice so good and soothing to me.. Still not hungry for food. It's gets better day by day!! You will do Great!!

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app