Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Laura's RNY Journey; Age 31 Starting Weight 365

selfie.thumb.jpg.d18c1bbae08b8bc709e69721b04e8353.jpg

HOW LONG IT TOOK AND WHERE I STARTED-

I started in November 2017, my appointments went quickly. I was held back by not doing well enough in nutrition classes. My surgery is scheduled for July 25, 2018. That's 8 months of waiting.

HW-375 CW-355 SW-TBD

PRE-OP DIET WEEK #1-

My diet is all liquids, the ROBARD diet with "New Direction" products. I purchased Bari-Melts as my Vitamins.

LOST- 6lbs in 6 days

Photo is me at 365 and I am 5' 7 1/2"

5b4d2571715cf_beforepic.png.d2dd1c8c1f980f6f17f3eabf150dcc86.png

PRE-OP DIET WEEK #2

I have lost 8lbs in 8 days. I haven't cheated at all! I have improved mobility and I can fit in an older dress that I have.

Good luck Laura and please know I will be following. As I get closer to mine I'm trying to soak up knowledge like a sponge, and as each person fi b 's success I makes me feel like I can Do THIS also. July 25th would have been my parents 75th wedding anniversary, but you have made it special again. Daddy died in 1993 and Mama in 2003 and you,find you wish you share certain moments with them. I think they would be proud I'm stepping forward with my surgery. I was Mama's joy and Daddys Little Sunshine and now I am a source of Pride in Myself!Even at72 I can still do this and do it Well!😛🍀😛

GOT MY SURGERY TIME/WEIGHT STALL

So, I’ve lost 13lbs in pre-op. However, my weight has stalled for about three days. I got my surgery admission time today. I go at 5:30 am on Wednesday!

GOT MY SURGERY TIME/WEIGHT STALL

So, I’ve lost 13lbs in pre-op. However, my weight has stalled for about three days. I got my surgery admission time today. I go at 5:30 am on Wednesday!
CONGRATS!!! You only one more day till your surgery!!!! You are going to kill it, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

MY HOSPITAL BAG-PREP

I finally hit 15lbs lost on PRE-OP diet! The 3 day stall is over! Going into surgery at 345! You can see my preparation of Vitamins below and my hospital bag. I'm going with simple is best. I will wear a dress and flip flops to and from the hospital. I have one set of elastic pants and a workout top. My husband lives nearby and can bring anything I need.

PREP

I cleaned the house and all the laundry is done. My broth (chicken, beef, and bone) is in ice cube trays in the freezer. I have sugar-free popsicles, Protein Jello, protein Water, and an assortment of zero calorie beverages and water flavoring. I have some protein Soups, unflavored Protein Powder (to add to foods), vanilla protein powder, a variety or ready made shakes and a few powder mocha shakes. Some of my pureed foods are in my pantry so that I don't have to run out if I don't have to.

IMG_1781.thumb.JPG.a9113ddf1415f7ddee694554cec0a7da.JPG

IMG_1779.thumb.JPG.530a40398a82509ab2e6cc8995417017.JPG

MY HOSPITAL BAG-PREP
I finally hit 15lbs lost on PRE-OP diet! The 3 day stall is over! Going into surgery at 345! You can see my preparation of Vitamins below and my hospital bag. I'm going with simple is best. I will wear a dress and flip flops to and from the hospital. I have one set of elastic pants and a workout top. My husband lives nearby and can bring anything I need.
PREP
I cleaned the house and all the laundry is done. My broth (chicken, beef, and bone) is in ice cube trays in the freezer. I have sugar-free popsicles, Protein Jello, Protein Water, and an assortment of zero calorie beverages and Water flavoring. I have some protein Soups, unflavored Protein Powder (to add to foods), vanilla protein powder, a variety or ready made shakes and a few powder mocha shakes. Some of my pureed foods are in my pantry so that I don't have to run out if I don't have to.
IMG_1781.thumb.JPG.a9113ddf1415f7ddee694554cec0a7da.JPG
IMG_1779.thumb.JPG.530a40398a82509ab2e6cc8995417017.JPG

Woot woot you're way more prepared then I was!! You're going do great!!! Surgery was a piece of cake!! Just remember you gotta walk after surgery

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Tis Surgery Eve and Laura's Ready
Phones are ringing but Laura's still calm
Her tote is packed and the pantry loaded
So smile little buddies Laura'ready to get under way.
( to tune of Summertime from Porgy and Bess)

MY SURGERY

I woke up with a horrible Migraine for the anesthesia. My blood pressure was extremely high. They pumped fluids, blood pressure meds, and pain meds They gave me a mask to cover my eyes from the light and an ice pack for my head.. My stomach didn't hurt at all. Using the restroom was annoying. My IV kept getting caught in my heart monitors and oxygen wires. They measured my urine each time and I usually went to the BR then walked and went again to avoid getting up a lot. I did not have a "leak test" as some have mentioned. I also did not have a "water chart". I was supposed to count my medicine cups of Water, Jello, and broth. I was able to drink a lot. I had no problem with hot and cold. I felt great unless I had to get up and down. Also, I arrived at the hospital at 5:30, had surgery at 7:30 and was discharged at around 9:00 the next day.

WEEK 1 DIET

Home was a little more painful. I take liquid Tylenol every four hours and Gabapentin three times a day. I also take Celebrex once a day. I have a nausea medicine everyday as well as a blood clots shot and a medicine to keep from getting gallbladder issues/stone. At this time I am not required to take Vitamins. However, since I have the BariMelts I take them because I love the flavor of something else. My diet it pictured below. I sip on Protein water all day. I then occasionally pop out a broth ice cube and heat it for two minutes. I also try to eat half a protein jello each day (they taste awful). I ate an entire regular jello and I felt so full. I also have the Popsicle brand variety pack. I am not hungry at all. I have a tiny bit of "head hunger". I have not weighed myself because my stomach is so inflamed. This is three days post-op and it finally seems to be going down. I will probably weight myself tomorrow.

IMG_1794.thumb.JPG.8d94a6a4ad34347c473fe58a9bdc2375.JPG

WEIGHT- 4 days Post-Op

HW-365

SW-347

CW-347

Congrats to you! Love that you’re journaling the journey! Once the Fluid releases you’ll see the weight drop quickly

Good job!

WEIGHT- 6 days Post-Op

HW-365
SW-347
CW-342.4

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wlrDeIG/weight.png