Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need advice and encouragement not ripped apart

1 hour ago, lisalou1968 said:

I don't know how your surgeon schedules but my final appointment was just like any other appointment except for they added to tell me when to be at the hospital and to give me my surgery packet it was an exciting day and my surgery was two or three days after that hopefully yours will be the same

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had it on June 1

2 hours ago, lisalou1968 said:

Oh wait a minute now I'm confused are you the one that just had surgery June the 1st or you the one that still waiting on surgery I think I have you confused with someone else but however I'm still looking for a person to talk to you either through this site or by phone about weight loss pros and cons and the sleeve I left my number in the other message if you care to talk over the phone you can block your number if that would make you feel more comfortable your new sleeve friend BTW my name is Lisa

Girl I just looked at your picture on here and you don't even look that big unless it is an older picture[emoji5]

You just followed me I don't know how to do that on here is that mean that you follow all my post how can I do that???[emoji2][emoji738][emoji170][emoji172]

I’m only two months out, but it seems like most people have a rough period at some point where you fall off the wagon. The successful people deal with that failure and start trying again. You’ve had this experience early, but you’ve also realized that you need to work at it. You can do this.

Thank you yes I can I have but regrouped I'm taking things and small steps sometimes one moment at a time sometimes one day at a time trying to be very mindful and just kind of talked myself through each moment making the right choices I hope that it is enough to make the weight come off

Thank you for replying to my post it helps to get inside from others especially who have gone through it it was encouraging to me when you said that I have dealt with this problem at an early state that makes me feel good like hopefully I have a chance,[emoji3]

I want to thank you for your bravery in telling your story. I'm only a week post op and reading through your thread is giving me encouragement. Im starting to hit a lull where the food isn't tasting good and I''m having trouble getting all the Fluid and Protein that I need to get. Lucky for me I'm not experiencing pain just nauseousness. I've been horrible at dieting in the past and my kidney doctor didn't want me to have it because she said I'd just gain all the weight back. So that's a fear of mine. I have 2 bracelets that I wear. One says "One Day at a Time" and the other says "She believed she could so she did". It helps me to look at them as a reminder and despite how I'm feeling it's a good mantra to repeat to keep me on track. I have suffered some abuse in my past and therapy has helped me a lot. I might go back for continued support through this weight loss journey. My sister said I need to reach out to people who have had the surgery and that's what brought me to this site. Best of luck staying on track! We are in this together! Hopefully we can help keep each other accountable on this weight loss journey. PS I'm so surprised you weren't more informed about the post op journey prior to surgery. The surgeon and his staff were very helpful in preparing us for the procedure and everything we need to know afterwards. From the fluid and food to the Vitamin supplements that need to be taken. Thanks again for allowing us to be apart of your journey!!

I want to thank you for your bravery in telling your story. I'm only a week post op and reading through your thread is giving me encouragement. Im starting to hit a lull where the food isn't tasting good and I''m having trouble getting all the Fluid and Protein that I need to get. Lucky for me I'm not experiencing pain just nauseousness. I've been horrible at dieting in the past and my kidney doctor didn't want me to have it because she said I'd just gain all the weight back. So that's a fear of mine. I have 2 bracelets that I wear. One says "One Day at a Time" and the other says "She believed she could so she did". It helps me to look at them as a reminder and despite how I'm feeling it's a good mantra to repeat to keep me on track. I have suffered some abuse in my past and therapy has helped me a lot. I might go back for continued support through this weight loss journey. My sister said I need to reach out to people who have had the surgery and that's what brought me to this site. Best of luck staying on track! We are in this together! Hopefully we can help keep each other accountable on this weight loss journey. PS I'm so surprised you weren't more informed about the post op journey prior to surgery. The surgeon and his staff were very helpful in preparing us for the procedure and everything we need to know afterwards. From the Fluid and food to the Vitamin supplements that need to be taken. Thanks again for allowing us to be apart of your journey!!
Aww what a super sweet post I enjoyed reading it the Bracelet part really strung a chord Maybe I should do the same that sounds very encouraging well it looks as though our surgeries are one month apart it looks as if I am a month ahead of you I have so far lost 28 lb not following the rules at all from day one but now after a month and pain in my stomach I have learned that I have to follow the rules not only that the weight is not coming off like I want it to with that said my advice to you is if your surgeon gave you the nausea medicine don't be afraid to use it be gentle on yourself and take it one day at a time I'm looking back over the month I would have followed all the rules keep sipping your Protein it is very important and make sure you are getting your proper Vitamins take little short walks as much as you can do just don't overdo it if you can fit in a little Water it never hurts to help hydrate you one of the hardest lessons I have had to learn is to eat slow of course I know you're not there yet but you will be take very small bites and eat slow it will be a while before your stomach will tell your brain that you are full you will have to learn what your own full feels like you don't ever want to overeat like I did because of my situation I would eat too fast and then once my brain got the signal that I was full I was way over. I was in a lot of pain so eat slow and after you eat 2 oz stop and wait about 15 or 20 minutes be mindful of your stomach and how full feels to you if you feel like you could eat a little more maybe a few more bites but I would never eat over 4 ounces at one time take it from someone who knows I would love to talk to you more maybe we could Converse back and forth I would be more than happy to give you ideas and things that have helped me because I struggled with learning the rules of course it didn't take me long but I am on track now I feel really good and making good choices now best of luck to you and you can send me a message anytime I stay up all night long and sleep half the day LOL[emoji5] [emoji5] if you have any questions for me I would be glad to answer them to the best of my knowledge please feel free to ask[emoji5]

I want to thank you for your bravery in telling your story. I'm only a week post op and reading through your thread is giving me encouragement. Im starting to hit a lull where the food isn't tasting good and I''m having trouble getting all the Fluid and Protein that I need to get. Lucky for me I'm not experiencing pain just nauseousness. I've been horrible at dieting in the past and my kidney doctor didn't want me to have it because she said I'd just gain all the weight back. So that's a fear of mine. I have 2 bracelets that I wear. One says "One Day at a Time" and the other says "She believed she could so she did". It helps me to look at them as a reminder and despite how I'm feeling it's a good mantra to repeat to keep me on track. I have suffered some abuse in my past and therapy has helped me a lot. I might go back for continued support through this weight loss journey. My sister said I need to reach out to people who have had the surgery and that's what brought me to this site. Best of luck staying on track! We are in this together! Hopefully we can help keep each other accountable on this weight loss journey. PS I'm so surprised you weren't more informed about the post op journey prior to surgery. The surgeon and his staff were very helpful in preparing us for the procedure and everything we need to know afterwards. From the fluid and food to the Vitamin supplements that need to be taken. Thanks again for allowing us to be apart of your journey!!
PS by the way I think everyone gains a little late back according to the stories and threads that I've read but that will be later on down the road but your sleeve is your tool and it's with you for life we just need to learn to take care of it and not stretch it out it's just a matter of you learning how to use it I'm learning to but I see what a great tool it is your sleeve is a way to restrict what you eat and drink if you make healthy food choices and listen to your sleeve it will tell you that you are full. Then you're able to put your fork down and walk away and always remember that every day is a new day to make better choices it's a new day to have a fresh start not sure what kind of Protein Shakes that you're on right now but later on in a couple of weeks when you're ready and feel like that you can't drink another shake I have some great recipes that are low-fat no carb no sugar no calorie ideas extracts will become your best friend LOL I will be glad to share them with you they have helped me tremendously!!!!!! There comes a time when you don't think that you will be able to take another sip of a Protein Shake but believe me they will be your best friend and your weight loss Journey especially at the beginning but you have to learn how to change the flavors and so on.

Also I wanted to say that I'm glad you chose to go ahead and have the sleeve surgery instead of listening to your kidney doctor so what if you do put on a little weight later on down the road losing weight is always healthy even if it is a partial amount of what you needed to lose so keep your chin up I think you made a great decision the nausea won't last that long I'm here for you if you ever want to talk or have questions(((( hugs))))) [emoji3]

Purple Rain,is the one who,had surgery June 1st, I'm the one who hasn't had her surgery. That said, do you like Reba Mc Entire? I do and,like many of her songs but the one I'm thinking of now, is I'm a Survivor. She,talks about being a tiny,baby,many,would have given up on. I think many of us the world wouldn't give a fair chance, we all have fought,to get to where we are now. So lisalou you ,me, Missouri'Lees's Summit,we are those Survivors and we will, not break on bend in lifr

I just caught my husband cheating on me this past weekend and I moved him out of the house..... dumb me I made too quick of a decision I should have went along with it and played like I didn't know until I could get better prepared financially but I know in the long run I will be okay we may have to struggle. ( my kids and I) but may be going through this weight loss journey and if I lose weight enough to where I could have someone even take a second look at me maybe it's for the best we have lived in the pits of hell for the last 3 years and honestly I don't want to live like that anymore and I don't want to put my kids through it it was a constant battle and struggle everyday he is nothing but an alcoholic and cheater so now with him gone I can focus on me and my weight loss I need this time for me anyways even though it hurts I will be a Survivor along with you guys in this weight loss journey and a survivor getting over a bad marriage

Also I wanted to say that I'm glad you chose to go ahead and have the sleeve surgery instead of listening to your kidney doctor so what if you do put on a little weight later on down the road losing weight is always healthy even if it is a partial amount of what you needed to lose so keep your chin up I think you made a great decision the nausea won't last that long I'm here for you if you ever want to talk or have questions(((( hugs))))) [emoji3]

Thank you so much! Right now I need to focus on getting my 60mg of Protein I'm having trouble finishing the shakes right now and the food I can have doesn't have much protein in it.

Sent from my SM-J727T using BariatricPal mobile app