Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need advice and encouragement not ripped apart

Thank you so much! Right now I need to focus on getting my 60mg of Protein I'm having trouble finishing the shakes right now and the food I can have doesn't have much Protein in it.

Sent from my SM-J727T using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes always number one rule protein first that's why I was saying just continue to sip on your Protein Shakes while your stomach is still healing and add a little Water to hydrate if you can hold it without over feeling your pouch and you are welcome so very welcome anything that I can do to help I know people have been here to help me I don't know where I would be right now if it wasn't for everyone's kind words advice and encouragement

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

6 hours ago, pattio466 said:

Thank you so much! Right now I need to focus on getting my 60mg of Protein I'm having trouble finishing the shakes right now and the food I can have doesn't have much Protein in it.

Congrats on your surgery and best wishes for a quick recovery. How are you doing on your Fluid intake? Right now, that is far more important than protein. Protein waters are easier to get down than the shakes, imo. They're still quite sweet, like koolaid or gatorade. I Water mine down some.

Hi Lisa,

All is not lost. Your sleeve isn’t ruined.

Start turning this around by focusing on getting 60 grams of Protein a day and no calorie fluids. If you can’t follow the no drinking before and after meals, start the no drinking for 30 minutes after meals.

Since your food is your therapy right now, you need something to take its place. Taking a walk, a hobby or volunteering, etc.

Please take care of yourself!

3 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Congrats on your surgery and best wishes for a quick recovery. How are you doing on your Fluid intake? Right now, that is far more important than Protein. Protein waters are easier to get down than the shakes, imo. They're still quite sweet, like koolaid or gatorade. I Water mine down some.

Thanks so much! I doing fairly well with Fluid intake. I'm one of he few that loves drinking Water so i don't need to add anything to it in order to drink it. it's just remembering to take small sips throughout the day. I have to say though that the sugar free popsicles have been a lifesaver for me. My stomach tolerates that better than water but I think my sips are slightly too big.

Hi Lisa,

All is not lost. Your sleeve isn’t ruined.

Start turning this around by focusing on getting 60 grams of Protein a day and no calorie fluids. If you can’t follow the no drinking before and after meals, start the no drinking for 30 minutes after meals.

Since your food is your therapy right now, you need something to take its place. Taking a walk, a hobby or volunteering, etc.

Please take care of yourself!

Wanted to say thank you for your encouragement it's good to know that all is not lost and that my sleeve isn't ruined I have started drinking two shakes a day and eating small soft meals at night very slow with a baby spoon it has seemed to tremendously help me thank you for all your help and your well wishes it's great to have a place to go where other people are willing to help you instead of bass you for your mistakes and or choices but I guess the bottom line is if you learn from it and take the initiative hard work and good choices to turn it around wishing you well 2 thank you again so much

I will be two weeks post op July 18th and I still find myself mourning the foods I can’t have but it is getting better!! We can do this! Good luck

Yes you can Stacey! A mini-pep-talk. You are mourning your food lisses, don't be. Say chocolate Cake, I did used like you but you won't run my life. I'm Stacey, I'm bigger than you, smarter than you and if I do let you back into my life later, I will just take a tiny taste or maybe not at all, but me, Stacey will make the decisions from now on. And once you,can tell the cake that, you'll tell potato chips, crackers, pretzels the same thing. And each time you do it, it gets easier, I promise! Hugs* Frustr8

Yes you can Stacey! A mini-pep-talk. You are mourning your food lisses, don't be. Say chocolate Cake, I did used like you but you won't run my life. I'm Stacey, I'm bigger than you, smarter than you and if I do let you back into my life later, I will just take a tiny taste or maybe not at all, but me, Stacey will make the decisions from now on. And once you,can tell the cake that, you'll tell potato chips, crackers, pretzels the same thing. And each time you do it, it gets easier, I promise! Hugs* Frustr8
Awwww !! What great advice I think I will use that to my advantage I think it would make me feel like I was more in control thank you[emoji5] even though your post was an address to me I take what I can. Of this site and leave the rest but that is very good information

Of course lisalou, you are perfectly welcome to substitute your name, works just as well for you!😛📝😛💕

On 7/10/2018 at 9:24 AM, Orchids&Dragons said:

How are you doing on your Fluid intake?

@lisalou1968

glad you are realizing you need to make changes, lots to learn

plenty of good info on these boards - ask your questions too

knowledge is power:rolleyes:

work hard toward success - get more info from your group

water was/and is the most important rule for me

64 oz H20/liquids a day

never drink while you are eating

NEVER eat until 30 minutes have passed

do not drink 30 minutes before you eat

good luck

kathy

Hi!! First off you’re more than welcome to send me a private message if you ever need any encouragement. Wishing you the best on your journey.

I would say write down a list of your favorite Protein rich foods and meal prep. You can have what you like but you have to cook it yourself to make it healthy and low carb. It’s all mental so if you view it as eating things you don’t like then it’s a lot harder to be successful. Plan out some yummy Snacks and keep them with you.
Definitely don’t drink and eat because that pain will not go away.

Another thing i did that was soooooo helpful was i started ordering groceries online, partly because im lazy and busy but also because it keeps me on track. I can’t eat what i don’t have. It keeps me accountable for my own actions and i also write things down.

And find buddies either on here or locally to help motivate you. Not just with what you eat but also being consistent with your workouts. You just started your journey so you can still start over, it’s not to late.

But the biggest thing i would suggest- you have to meet with a therapist again to over come all the underlying issues and also to help you find ways to manage stress and find a different outlet other than food.< br /> I did that and it was super helpful. If the person you went to during your pre op requirements wasn’t helpful, then definitely find someone that you just click with.

You got this!! Hope this helps and good luck.

Hi!! First off you’re more than welcome to send me a private message if you ever need any encouragement. Wishing you the best on your journey.

I would say write down a list of your favorite Protein rich foods and meal prep. You can have what you like but you have to cook it yourself to make it healthy and low carb. It’s all mental so if you view it as eating things you don’t like then it’s a lot harder to be successful. Plan out some yummy Snacks and keep them with you.
Definitely don’t drink and eat because that pain will not go away.

Another thing i did that was soooooo helpful was i started ordering groceries online, partly because im lazy and busy but also because it keeps me on track. I can’t eat what i don’t have. It keeps me accountable for my own actions and i also write things down.

And find buddies either on here or locally to help motivate you. Not just with what you eat but also being consistent with your workouts. You just started your journey so you can still start over, it’s not to late.

But the biggest thing i would suggest- you have to meet with a therapist again to over come all the underlying issues and also to help you find ways to manage stress and find a different outlet other than food.
I did that and it was super helpful. If the person you went to during your pre op requirements wasn’t helpful, then definitely find someone that you just click with.

You got this!! Hope this helps and good luck.

I just wanted to say thank you for sending me a reply great encouragement I found the site to be wonderful all of you ladies have been so helpful thank you for your great advice I carefully read through your message and will definitely take it to heart I am actually doing very well I need to learn to incorporate a little more Water than what I have been but so far the way to starting to come off finally I am 7 weeks post-op and have lost 23 pounds I'm not sure if that is good or bad but I feel okay with it thanks again for your post and welcoming me to message you anytime I really appreciate you good luck to you as well[emoji5]

@lisalou1968 - hang in there. You can message me as well. We will support you and get you up to speed on navigating this forum and all that.

You might want to go to the library and request some books by Geneen Roth. She helped me to figure out my pain from eating my emotions, to like myself and see the value for being me.

I am not picking on you here, but you picked an alcoholic for a reason you don't yet understand. Good riddance but you need to figure this out before you even think about another relationship or you will pick another person that is a problem. Try reading 'Co-dependant No More' by Melody Beattie.

I know all this because I was married to an alcoholic for 18 years, and I was an abused child.

It will get better. You will get better.

@lisalou1968 - hang in there. You can message me as well. We will support you and get you up to speed on navigating this forum and all that.
You might want to go to the library and request some books by Geneen Roth. She helped me to figure out my pain from eating my emotions, to like myself and see the value for being me.
I am not picking on you here, but you picked an alcoholic for a reason you don't yet understand. Good riddance but you need to figure this out before you even think about another relationship or you will pick another person that is a problem. Try reading 'Co-dependant No More' by Melody Beattie.
I know all this because I was married to an alcoholic for 18 years, and I was an abused child.
It will get better. You will get better.
Omg!!° THANK YOU so very much for all the information and great advice I will definitely check out the book not only do I want to lose weight to look better but I want to lose weight for health reasons as well that's the physical side and I also want to fix the emotional side I am working on it and getting counseling at this time it's just a learning process I am overcoming so much in my life to be happy happy happy!!!! And to be free of the chains that have bound me for so many years it's baby steps but I am taking them thank you again God bless you[emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji5] [emoji5] [emoji5]