Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! So, I'm week 3 into my pureed food stage and I'm BORED! My diet is one month pureed, one month soft, and then regular food. I've been eating greek yogurt, hummus, eggs, mashed bananas, almond milk, sugar free pudding, sugar free Popsicles, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese (I did the notorious ricotta bake, I didn't really like it), and sometimes I will have a creamed Soup. I have been spooning on occasion other things like guacamole, or rice pudding (both pureed with no chunks), but I still am craving other things!

Does anyone have additional suggestions? I just want ideas for quick Snacks, or things to make with less than 5 ingredients. I do not have much time to cook meals. Please help! My taste buds are crying.

Edited by miss_smiles

I guess I am lucky- I was only on purees for 2 weeks.

Some other things I tried- make chicken or tuna salad (pureed in a food processor), FF refried Beans with a little cheddar melted on top, mashed potato/sweet potato.

Also on my list from the doctor: oatmeal, grits, cream of wheat, blended lean cuisines, blended meatloaf (add broth to blend), 16oz cottage cheese mixed with a box of Jello and chill, or make jello with 1 c of boiling Water & blend with 16 oz cottage cheese then chill until set.

Make pinto beans:

Put into blender:

One can pinto Beans

Taco seasoning to taste

Cheese-1-2 servings

2 tablespoons broth

Blend it up until smooth. Put it in microwave until warm. It keeps well for leftovers. You should get at least 3-4 meals out of this.

pureed was the WORST stage, by far.

Best thing I found for that stage (other than mashed banana) was meatballs pureed with marinara sauce and a little parmesan. Tasted like what's left on your plate after spaghetti.

A month out...I ate all sorts of stuff...not just pureed. One thing I remember giving me some relief from the tedium of mush....was the toddler meat sticks that look like little vienna sausages. They're 100 calories a jar, lots of Protein and are made to go through a delicate digestive systems. They have a little texture, but are unlikely to get you in trouble cause they're made of turkey or chicken mixed with whey.

Kinda gross to me currently.......but at the time, I remember thinking they were pretty tasty and very gentle.

Edited by Creekimp13

Blended chicken veg Soup, and it really only takes 20 minutes for homemade. Buy Bone Broth, boneless thighs, you can buy pre chopped onion, celery, shredded carrots, etc. Cut up chicken, saute in a little olive oil w the onion n celery, carrots add some broth, then blend that up add extra broth bone broth. Add garlic, basil, whatever. If you want oriental flavor add touch of soy sauce and a little lemon, if you want mex add some taco seasoning add canned white/pinto Beans blended, if italian add some oregano and Tomato sauce.