Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you purchased any goal clothing for after surgery?

No but I just cleaned out my closet and drawers and decided to keep a couple of items that I can’t fit..yet.

I’m considering buying a small in this one shirt at hot topic otherwise I have nothing. I’m hoping sometime next fall I’ll be close to my goal weight. Once I hit that stage I’m flying out to Austin to clothes shop with my bff and also check out the area with her since hub and i are moving there maybe I’ll wait idk

MMM ... I just threw out 19 bags of clothing between 4XL and 9XL.

Very pleasing feeling.

This comes on top of the 22 pairs of dress trousers and casual slacks I sent to charity earlier on in 2018.

I also parted with some very over-sized tailored shirts from 2009-2016 purchases.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:17 AM, aseret said:

My wedding dress. Surgery is Dec 12th and we are planning a new years day wedding for 01 01 2020 fingers crossed.

On 9/3/2018 at 12:09 PM, justgrace152 said:

I made the most terrifying purchase of my life, having to guess my size for my wedding dress that I will be wearing 7 months from now!
I also bought some clearance summer clothes a size or 2 down for April for our honeymoon since I won’t be able to find summer clothes at that time in the northeast US.
Crossing my fingers and trying not to stress!

I'm getting married next October in Hawaii. I currently wear an Australian 20/22 but I'm going to buy my dress while we're visiting Canada in November. In a size 12/14. (I can always get it altered if I need to)

Congratulations and Best Wishes , you will be a Beautiful Bride, and let me be the first to suggest it but WE WANT PUCTURES!

Yes! I went crazy at the Lilly Pulitzer sale. Surgery 11/6, so I should be good to go for next summer.

Heck I have a pair of 36 Levi’s from 20 years ago!

Nope I am at an opposite point. I am having to debulk 18 years of clutter, inheritance from dead relatives, and most all my winter weight clothing. I pray I continue to lose, I now have nearly 12 bags and I am not quite done. See I was retaining clothing from MIL(d.2003) son(d2008) husband (d2012) as well as things from my mama (also2003) , Emotionally,i is KILLING me, but unless I can find a house yet this week, I will be forced into a 1-2 Br apartment, I cannot afford $ 600 9n my widows Social Security. Rougher yet, landlord would like possession October 31, I will have,NO money until November 2nd, can I convince someone to let me move in. and pay them later that week? So much as I would like to,look that far ahead I am forced to try to rectify,sins of the Past.

Oh,@frustr8, how awful for you! You will feel so free once you are done. (Says the woman with a pile of boxes from her dead mother’s house![emoji12]). Let us know how it goes. I’m sure this community would love to support you.

I haven't purchased anything yet- but read to get things to be a little tight on the skin at first to grow into them?

Are there any brands recomended?

I have my eyes on a few things to get myself- once I hit some goal weights!

My surgery is tomorrow!

On 10/28/2018 at 16:04, BRYCE86 said:

I haven't purchased anything yet- but read to get things to be a little tight on the skin at first to grow into them?

My surgery is tomorrow!

I honestly love old navy.

Just now, Megan Sadler said:
6 minutes ago, BRYCE86 said:

My surgery is tomorrow!

I honestly love old navy.

Yeah Old Navy actually is pretty great! :) Ill have to see where one is around me now. I used to see them all the time in Ohio!

I’m very grateful I saved expensive things from when I was smaller like suits, leather jackets, and designer dresses. I don’t think I’ll donate my big clothes... don’t want to jinx anything.

My doctor’s office has a nutritionist that maintains a “closet” - which is really a room - that people can bring in clothes that they have outgrown and take clothes in their current size. It’s all sorted by size so it’s easy to find the size you need. It’s AWESOME! I wish all offices did this. 👍

Me too, sure wish OSU would do this. Might have lessened my heartbreak of a dozen black trash bags that maybe Goodwill might accept. Some of them I might have fitted into, but I have to move, and if I can find only an1 or 2 bedroom apartment, I won't have storage space. Do not plan a move,on a retirement budget, rentals are going so HIGH, wish I had a best egg left to put in, and I know if I were buying mortgage,payments would be,no,more and I would be my,own woman again.