Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yay! Good to know the side sleeping is working. I got a pregnancy pillow so hoping that will aid some relief in early days along with lots of extra other fluff.
My husband was cracking up about my pillow fort I surrounded myself with. I've been napping in a recliner today and I'll be sleeping here tonight. Much more comfy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Surgery went well! Barely any post-op pain (outside of this horrendous gas pain). It felt like I did a lot of crunches the night before and at 5 days post op, I barely feel any pain or soreness at all. It's really hard for me to get my fluids in at this time because of the uncomfortable gas pain, but surprisingly drinking with a straw helps! I'm 5 days post op and already 7 pounds down. So happy!
I had my surgery on the 20th and that's what I'm having really bad gas pain that it hurts to take my fluids.

I Had surgery say day how are you feeling now?

I'm doing good. Started to get cramps in my calves so I switched from Water to g2 Gatorade. Making sure to drink an ounce every 15 minutes or so. I'm just really really tired. Still a little sore. Drank too much water too fast and almost threw up earlier today. I hate feeling so useless. I'm gonna go to bed now lol

46 minutes ago, Trixie82 said:

I'm doing good. Started to get cramps in my calves so I switched from Water to g2 Gatorade. Making sure to drink an ounce every 15 minutes or so. I'm just really really tired. Still a little sore. Drank too much Water too fast and almost threw up earlier today. I hate feeling so useless. I'm gonna go to bed now lol

Trixie keep your chin up. Also, my doctor told me to drink propel. I dont know if that is his preference or what, but so far so good with cramps. (Except some gas cramps) Did they give you a Multivitamin bag and Iron before you left the hospital?

Trixie keep your chin up. Also, my doctor told me to drink propel. I dont know if that is his preference or what, but so far so good with cramps. (Except some gas cramps) Did they give you a Multivitamin bag and Iron before you left the hospital?
I haven't tried the propel. I'll get some tomorrow. I had an iv bag with lots of Vitamins and stuff in it but I was only in the hospital overnight. As nice as it's been to be home I kinda wish I had stayed another night. I'm feeling better now, just had a mini pity party for a little bit lol

2 hours ago, Trixie82 said:

I'm doing good. Started to get cramps in my calves so I switched from Water to g2 Gatorade. Making sure to drink an ounce every 15 minutes or so. I'm just really really tired. Still a little sore. Drank too much Water too fast and almost threw up earlier today. I hate feeling so useless. I'm gonna go to bed now lol

In Australia it seems they do everything different. We stay in hospital 4-5 days. Day 3 was my worst, the acid, nausea hit me and the constant indigestion which is going to continue to last. My cousin went through a month of tiredness, apparently it is one of the syndrome associated. She assures me it gets better. I too took in too much to quick thinking by body would let me know. For us all it is sipping now, let that go down wait then take another sip. I was doing sudoku or word search to break it up. Unfortunately the broth would go cold, but that is what we have to get used to now. Take it easy your body has gone through so much and patience is the game here. Don’t let yourself get down focus on the positive. The outcome should be worth it, it will be worth it. We are given 3-4 weeks off work here. Can someone give you a massage of your legs. Even use heat packs. Heat gel

Edited by New challenge

Home today. Yay! Got on scales, didn’t lose anything since surgery. Disappointing for the lack of food I ate in hospital. I was in from Tuesday - Sunday. It will happen.

In Australia it seems they do everything different. We stay in hospital 4-5 days. Day 3 was my worst, the acid, nausea hit me and the constant indigestion which is going to continue to last. My cousin went through a month of tiredness, apparently it is one of the syndrome associated. She assures me it gets better. I too took in too much to quick thinking by body would let me know. For us all it is sipping now, let that go down wait then take another sip. I was doing sudoku or word search to break it up. Unfortunately the broth would go cold, but that is what we have to get used to now. Take it easy your body has gone through so much and patience is the game here. Don’t let yourself get down focus on the positive. The outcome should be worth it, it will be worth it. We are given 3-4 weeks off work here. Can someone give you a massage of your legs. Even use heat packs. Heat gel
Aussie here, RNY this coming Wednesday. What products are you sticking with in the liquid phase? No sugar free popsicles here, nor the range of Protein waters.

My hospital boots us out day three unless there's issues - hoping I don't get the pain you describe!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using BariatricPal mobile app

7 minutes ago, modymatey said:

Aussie here, RNY this coming Wednesday. What products are you sticking with in the liquid phase? No sugar free popsicles here, nor the range of Protein waters.

My hospital boots us out day three unless there's issues - hoping I don't get the pain you describe!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi other Aussie, Good to have someone close by on here. They give you plenty of meds in hospital. Just have panadol on hand for when you get home as you will be given that in tablet form in hospital. Protein waters were hard to get but Costprice has some. Expensive but it comes in powder form, so easy to take with you. I am fussy so got the lemonade one, not bad. I assume you got a guideline book, this has recipes in it. Prepare your Soup stock now and freeze into one cup worth. I have also made the pumpkin soup using the stock and froze that prior too. I will defrost for dinner and add the evaporative milk. Again I measured out one cup worth. I have 15 cups of stock and 7 cups of soup ready to go. Had to do the stock in two large saucepans. My pain was between a 2-5 at first and then subsided. I got sinus due to the air conditioner and that probably assisted me to feel sick. Just take what they offer.

@Trixie82 how was/is your Magnesium levels? That, potassium or Calcium imbalances can give you leg cramps, oh believe you me, I have had them horribly bad.😪

@Dragonflies and Stars, stay strong ---❤you have made it all the way to your Glorious Day!🙈🙉🙊The 3 little monkeys are very,proud of you.

@Trixie82 how was/is your Magnesium levels? That, potassium or Calcium imbalances can give you leg cramps, oh believe you me, I have had them horribly bad.[emoji25]
They didn't tell me my levels. I'm sure it's just dehydration. I've switched to the g2 Gatorade and its helped a lot. Now I've just got to get some kind of calories down. I have absolutely no interest in food right now. After I finish these last 4 ozs of gatoraid I'm going to start on a protien shake. We'll see how that goes.

I would kill for a recliner. I had to take 40mg powder potassium before I left hospital omg horrendous