Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh Kitty, what a pity. And here I had visions of you running in a meadow with butterflies circling your head like a halo. I'm sad about your pain. At least you were treated well, and because I know where you had your surgery and who your surgeon was, I know it's just rotten luck that you feel so blah. Too bad my magic wand is in the shop. If it wasn't, I'd wave it your way. xox

Keep me posted on your condition.

43 minutes ago, Little Kansas Kitty said:

@Hal711. You’re the sweetest to check in on me. How is your pain now? I remember you asking others right after your surgery. My pain is what I was not expecting. First, it was my back. It was a constant throb even with pain meds. I guess it was from how they positioned me during surgery on the table. Now it’s all about the left side where the main entry point was on my abdomen. It’s so hard to get out of bed and shift around. I learned quickly to stay on top of the pain meds or else I would feel really lousy. I actually stayed an extra night by choice because the nurse staff are sooooo sweet and so pampering. It will be harder when I get home as I’ll have to really work on liquids. I can barely stomach anything right now so the bag of vitamins/liquids they give constantly are helping me survive. I’m pretty drowsy most of the time from the Oxycodone and nausea meds but sleeping it off feels good. It’s crazy how I have no hunger. I’ve eaten nothing since I’ve been here which was Monday 7/25 and today I’m entering my 4th day. The surgeon is going to discharge me today so I believe I’ll be going home around Noon. We have a circular hallway walk on my floor I’m on that measures 400 meters so I’ve been trying to make the loop a minimum of 4 times per day so I can get a mile in. Mentally I think I’m ok. I just worry about eating and drinking. It’s such a challenge but I know Incan do it. How are you? Tired still? Just taking Tylenol? Thanks again for checking in on me. Means a lot.

Kitty, I had that pain in your back explained to me yesterday, as I too have it. They have gone through muscle and will take some time to heal. It makes it difficult when sleeping. Once you get home the liquids will be so much better and so much easier, expect the blunt knife in your back/side. Have you got that metallic taste. I too looked at the food and could not tolerate, stuck to Water one day. If you can get by without any codeine base medication do, as the codeine is what causes some people to feel worst and vomit. I was given one tablet containing coedine one morning and it was the worst, surgeon advised no more. I have been clumsy and my husband has had to pick up after me as we are not to bend or lift anything. Take care

LOL - that made me laugh. It’s major surgery so thank you for your pity. I’m usually pretty tough with pain. Guess I’m getting older and know I don’t like the feeling of not feeling normal. Pain sucks but this too shall pass. And, I meant my surgery was 6/25 in my post. I’ve lost all track of time this week. You’re right! They are treating me amazing here. Everyone is so happy and loves their job. How are you feeling @Missouri-Lee’s Summit? It’s been a week and a half now hasn’t it? How’s your progress?

Thank you for all the hope @New challenge. The visual I’m getting of going through the muscle gives me an understanding of the pain. I wonder how long before it heals and doesn’t feel so tender and burning anymore? The back pain totally subsided yesterday which was incredible but also a distraction to my surgery entry points. Now, that’s all I feel when I move around. I did get that metal taste when they flushed out with saline in my veins. I’ll probably stay on the codeine for now until I get home and then begin switching to Tylenol. I want to be able to drive again hopefully by week #2.

19 minutes ago, Little Kansas Kitty said:

Thank you for all the hope @New challenge. The visual I’m getting of going through the muscle gives me an understanding of the pain. I wonder how long before it heals and doesn’t feel so tender and burning anymore? The back pain totally subsided yesterday which was incredible but also a distraction to my surgery entry points. Now, that’s all I feel when I move around. I did get that metal taste when they flushed out with saline in my veins. I’ll probably stay on the codeine for now until I get home and then begin switching to Tylenol. I want to be able to drive again hopefully by week #2.

I was also told that there is a dissolving stitch there and being in muscle it takes longer to dissolve. Day 10 post op, tomorrow, will see the nurse and apparently she may clear me for return to work and drive. However, Australia starts school holidays tomorrow for two weeks and being a lollipop lady I don’t go back to work until after the holidays. I didn’t have any burning pain.

@Hal711. You’re the sweetest to check in on me. How is your pain now? I remember you asking others right after your surgery. My pain is what I was not expecting. First, it was my back. It was a constant throb even with pain meds. I guess it was from how they positioned me during surgery on the table. Now it’s all about the left side where the main entry point was on my abdomen. It’s so hard to get out of bed and shift around. I learned quickly to stay on top of the pain meds or else I would feel really lousy. I actually stayed an extra night by choice because the nurse staff are sooooo sweet and so pampering. It will be harder when I get home as I’ll have to really work on liquids. I can barely stomach anything right now so the bag of vitamins/liquids they give constantly are helping me survive. I’m pretty drowsy most of the time from the Oxycodone and nausea meds but sleeping it off feels good. It’s crazy how I have no hunger. I’ve eaten nothing since I’ve been here which was Monday 7/25 and today I’m entering my 4th day. The surgeon is going to discharge me today so I believe I’ll be going home around Noon. We have a circular hallway walk on my floor I’m on that measures 400 meters so I’ve been trying to make the loop a minimum of 4 times per day so I can get a mile in. Mentally I think I’m ok. I just worry about eating and drinking. It’s such a challenge but I know Incan do it. How are you? Tired still? Just taking Tylenol? Thanks again for checking in on me. Means a lot.
The only pain i have is at my main entry point and only intermittently. I am tired at times, and i havent really had to take anything for pain since last sunday. The liquids are a challenge. Try to sip, sip, sip. It will get better and easier with time. I still dont feel hunger, so dont be surprised by that. I am glad that you stayed an extra night and walking really is key to get the soreness out and the gas moving. Youve got this! Its hard, but keep your chin up! Glad to hear that overall you are doing okay.

Oh Hal--- you have to get better, feel better, there is a whole batch of July RnYers 👣coming along, me included, you are going. to have to mentor us through, we want to be successes also. We look,up to you, you are still close enough to the fire💥 to be able to tell,us how not to get burned too. We are enviously watching 👀you!

Oh Hal--- you have to get better, feel better, there is a whole batch of July RnYers [emoji188]coming along, me included, you are going. to have to mentor us through, we want to be successes also. We look,up to you, you are still close enough to the fire[emoji95] to be able to tell,us how not to get burned too. We are enviously watching [emoji102]you!
Haha. I am happy to share any and all of my new knowledge and experience!! Just ask. [emoji4]

Hall711 - how many ices ounces of liquids are you getting in? I’ve maybe got 12 or so, so far. 😬 I’m going to start all my Vitamins tomorrow so hopefully that helps with some energy. I got home a few hours and should not have weighed myself. I gained 10 lbs during surgery.

Weight gain during surgery may be from the gas they introduced. @Little Kansas Kitty, I may be moving to Olathe soon for work. I’ll have to find a new facility for post op check-ins because I’m not flying to Cleveland for a 1 hr visit.

Olathe gain will be Parma's loss. But best wishes and I hope it would be a good thing for you and your employment.

Hall711 - how many ices ounces of liquids are you getting in? I’ve maybe got 12 or so, so far. [emoji51] I’m going to start all my Vitamins tomorrow so hopefully that helps with some energy. I got home a few hours and should not have weighed myself. I gained 10 lbs during surgery.
Haha that is to be expected. Wait a week, and you be lower than your surgery weight. Be patient! And i still struggle with the liquids. They want me to get 64 but i get 50 to 55. Sometimes less. But i feel okay. The tiredness is part of it until we adjust. Im perpetually tired lol. Just sip and nap and repeat.

@New challenge - I had to look up what a lollipop lady was . I love the sound of that. Now I’m envisioning you passing out lollipops while directing school traffic and safely getting kids to cross the street. ;)
Thanks for all your encouragement! It will be so great to have the rest of the school summer holiday off for you.

I’m taking it super easy at home. I’ve been forcing all day to take sips of a Protein Water but that is only 16.9 oz. somehow I need to still get more in. I’m just so full. Also trying to walk around my family room (in the air conditioning). The temps outside are close to 100 degrees Fahrenheit today.

@Hal711 -

You’re doing awesome @Hal711! I wish I could take that many ounces in. I’ll focus on more tomorrow. Also, sorry for the TMI but I tooted a little this afternoon. Felt great to get rid of some of the bloating. Haha.

Glad they let you stay! Just know that it gets easier every day. They first few days are so hard. Day 5 I really started feeling better. Welcome to your new life!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app