Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

48 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

My thoughts exactly. I refused to do an IUD. I told my husband that I'd rather go a year without sex. We've had fertility issues for the last 5 years. Part of the reason I did this surgery is to get pregnant, but not before the 12 months. But in January of 2019, no matter where I am at in the weight loss track, I will be on the baby train. I've waited long enough.

I have actually like the NuvaRing. I have PCOS as well, so I'm not sure if it is helping with cysts.

Yea same reason why I had WLS as well, to help improve my chances.

Glad to know you like the nuva ring, so I may try it. Wishing you all the luck on the baby train for 2019!!!

• Like 1

Yea same reason why I had WLS as well, to help improve my chances.
Glad to know you like the nuva ring, so I may try it. Wishing you all the luck on the baby train for 2019!!!

Thank you! I wish you luck on your journey as well!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AshAsh1 said:

This isn't just, "I'm a little tired today", this is a "I probably shouldn't drive my car home from work tired". I had my Vitamin levels checked at 3 months post op, which was just over a month ago. Everything was within normal ranges. Could something have changed in that short period of time?

So I was feeling exhausted and B12 injections resolved it completely. But it was a different type of exhaustion. I wasn't tired, it was taking out the trash cans and I had to sit down on my porch to not pass out and I need to take breaks doing my hair and make up, because I'm getting too shaky type of exhaustion. So this doesn't seem like a B12 issue at least.

I wanted to give you guys an update. I still don't have much of an answer. I called my surgeon's office who reluctantly is going to mail me a few lab orders to retest my Iron, Vitamin D, and Hemoglobin. However, they don't really think that the problem is in my levels. I can't get in to see my primary doctor until the end of this month. So I'm just stuck practically falling asleep in non-active settings. I'm completely fine if I'm up moving or working on something. The second I sit down, WHAM. I feel like a wave of sleepiness overcomes me.

51 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

I wanted to give you guys an update. I still don't have much of an answer. I called my surgeon's office who reluctantly is going to mail me a few lab orders to retest my Iron, Vitamin D, and Hemoglobin. However, they don't really think that the problem is in my levels. I can't get in to see my primary doctor until the end of this month. So I'm just stuck practically falling asleep in non-active settings. I'm completely fine if I'm up moving or working on something. The second I sit down, WHAM. I feel like a wave of sleepiness overcomes me.

I'm glad they're going to check you out. I've been worried. ((HUGS))

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I'm glad they're going to check you out. I've been worried. ((HUGS))

Thank you!

• Like 1

It could be an adverse effect of caffeine. It dorsnt make me hyper now, it does the opposite. I feel like total crap.  
  • Like 2

Ash Ash1 please keep us updated, you're ours and we ❤you!
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AshAsh1 said:

Thank you!

I hope they find the cause soon, and you’re back to your energetic self soon.

being constantly exhausted is exhausting in itself! I had a similar issue, simple blood test found it was a Vitamin D and Calcium deficiency. Mine turned out to be hypathoroidism and easily resolved. Now I feel great.

Could you have a sinus or ear infection? You might be Anemic.

I actually had some issues like that last year, well before my surgery. I never found a cause, though perhaps it was from my hormones being out of whack because I was on medication for depression and anxiety. When I was moving around I was ok, but sitting staring at a screen, sitting in a meeting or even sitting on the loo it was a massive struggle to keep my eyes open. I hope you find the cause soon.