Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Date Finally happened

hahah I was like that last week I finally got my date today. I guess they get bust it took me a week to get my date after i was cpap compliant.

happy for you both. i am eager to hear how well youre doing and how relieved your son will be once he sees all the positive changes in your life after surgery!

oh gosh I hope so Ivy it has got to get better and more positive for us. We are planning on moving down into florida next summer after we sell house. Surgery will be a year passed by then I sure hope we have positive changes because its been bad after losing hubby. The surgery is a step in a great direction if i can get my nerves stable lol!!!

Prayers for us all. We also want to move in about 3 years when the hubby retires. We love cruises and want to retire someplace close to a cruise port.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

@Kadidy- hi from Ohio and me. I am 72, so even older than you. We walk the same path, one we did not choose. My husband died July 4th 2012, my 31 year old son January 11 2008, yes not even 4 years apart. My youngest still lives with me, although,he says to everyone we have told of my,upcoming surgery that he is supportive, inside he is much like your son, not wanting anything to happen to Mom.
Tomorrow I hope for a change in my status, I have a 2 hour psychological appointment with Dr Kramer at Martha Morehouse Pavilion in Columbus Ohio. A positive assessment from him will go far toward a speedy date for surgery. I have finished prerequirements for another program twice, now I am transferring to this program. All my past credits will transfer, if there are no differing requirements it could be early May, if there are more, June. I should be well on the road to recovery before my class reunion in August, yes 55 years and I was one of the youngest in my class, not even 17 and a half at graduation.
Be optimistic, you will not look badly at 100 because you will be healthier, happier, fitter and,more alive than you,would with the millstone of obesity dragging you down. Kadidy you are going to rock the world and everything in it. The joys of life will be ours, but we will,always miss the people we wanted to share this victory with.Post me anytime,you,like, I'm almost always within earshot of my phone! Have a peaceful evening😜

Frustr8 you made my heart sing with such positivity. I too lost dad a son then mom and recently hub was killed in a horrible wreck as he changed a tire on side of the road. My son lives with me and of course he is afraid I am all he has. I guess too my mom was 73 when she passed she didnt know it but she had a bleeding ulcer that put her in cardiac arrest she lived 13 days before she had another bleed. I suppose he worries about all that. Meantime I have gained so much weight from emotional stress eating and believe me I feel it 24 hours a day. Its even hard for me to trim my toes so i go get a pedicure each time. Me being short does not help much either. You are such a soldier a power candy crush bomb at 72. I cant wait to hear when you have your surgery and I know you will succeed to your hearts desire. I know I plan too I have saved for this surgery. I am all self pay it took me a while to get it together but I have it all now lol!! But Yes it does bother me with my son looking all worried. Sometimes I regret telling him but he had to know what was going on. You are right i will miss the hub and my 26 year old forver son in heaven he would be cheering me on he was such a healthy boy and my hub at first he didnt want me to have it but after talking with doctor he agreed he would go along wth me having the sleeve but unfortunately his life was cut short. This one is for me tho. Its my time we invest in cars and homes but its time I invest in myself. Good luck to you I hope we can keep each other posted! :)