Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Date Finally happened

So My surgery date finally happened today. I am scheduled for June 4th. I am super stoked but also scared if that makes sense. I often wonder will I look 100 years old since I am already 55 and I wonder if my face will cave in. Maybe I am over reacting thoughts in my brain. It is always scary I am sure whenever anyone goes in for surgery. My son does not want me to have the surgery since he lost his only brother my son and also my husband was killed a few months ago in a wreck. I am his only person left so he does not share in my enthusiasm.

I understand, im 50 and have those same thoughts. Its normal to be scared, have fears. And sit down with your child and tell him that your having the surgery to have more years with him. Ee haven't told our kids yet ages 33, 30, 25, 20 and 17 due to not wanting them to worry. We got this, we will be better for our kids. Keep me posted, and im always here [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

i agree with Kimbero, this is scary for anyone! i am in that same scared stage. but doing this now gives him more time with you! with medical science advances, he shouldnt worry. maybe have him come to talk to your surgeon to tell him how minimal the risks of the actual surgery is, and how big the pay off will be after, all the health benefits. wishing you the best

aww Thanks I am so happy you are having it too. It is a bit scary because being in 50's. My son is 31 he thinks I am fine being 280. Hopefully our kids will be happier later when they see everything turns out fine. I know I am miserable carrying all this weight around and it sure doesnt come off as easy as when I was a young adult. I thnk as we get older it disables us to be able to do the things we use to do. Like I cant even get on my knees now because of course my weight will hurt too much. I will be happy to see the day when i can get on my knees in the floor and sit easily again. I hope yours goes well. Lets keep in touch!! :)

aww Thanks I am so happy you are having it too. It is a bit scary because being in 50's. My son is 31 he thinks I am fine being 280. Hopefully our kids will be happier later when they see everything turns out fine. I know I am miserable carrying all this weight around and it sure doesnt come off as easy as when I was a young adult. I thnk as we get older it disables us to be able to do the things we use to do. Like I cant even get on my knees now because of course my weight will hurt too much. I will be happy to see the day when i can get on my knees in the floor and sit easily again. I hope yours goes well. Lets keep in touch!! :)

Exactly. 50 is the new 30. I dont feel 50, and i don't look 50. But i want this weight gone to no hold back my family. I understand the knee thing, its so hard to get back up. Yes we will keep in touch. Where r u from? I'm in Oklahoma

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

I did take him doctor with me and the doctor told him I was morbid obese and this would be a great asset for my health but of course he is still concerned!!!

Kimbero I am in Alabama.

he is 31 Kimbero :)

yes it is hahaha defo the new 30 I am super excited. Did you get a date set yet?

I moved here from Chicago 20 years ago but I have never got use to living in Alfreakinbama lol!