Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

, and the $260.00 ER fee. You are automatically charged $260.00 just for signing your name on the roster. it doesn't mater if you are seen or not.

that' just doesn't seem right or fair.

is there a difference between county/private hospital??? i'll admit to not really knowing much regarding this.

Funny/weird story - I received a COACH bag as a gift. When I opened it, I found a locket inside. Obviously then, this bag was returned by someone to the store, and the store then resold it. (Maybe there is another explanation, but I can't think of it). Anyway, I tried calling and emailing COACH to explain the situation as I really think whoever lost the locket is probably upset - it is obviously old and has something in it that the owner would want. No one at COACH cared . In fact, it was suggested that I wanted a 'new' bag (I don't, the bag is unmarked and beautiful) or that I was 'fishing for a reward' (I'm not, Im trying to return something to its rightful owner). So short of putting a little notice in every newspaper in the state of California (and I don't even KNOW all the newspapers, OR that the previous owner lived in California) I have NO other ideas. Does anyone???

Wow, doesn't pay to try to be nice, does it? :tongue2:

I can't think of anything... I'm assuming you got it directly from Coach and not from a local store, so I can't imagine how you can track its owner down. That's sad.

My mom found a wedding band (man's) in her yard one time, and it's apparent that somebody sometime during the life of that house had dug up the septic system and lost it. Don't know if it was a worker, a homeowner, or what, but it was engraved with initials and a wedding date. VERY sentimental, and no way that I could figure to find the owner. :cursing:

i know - seriously pjtp conversations.

i think kat/fanny did a great job conveying what likely is going on with (slim/ebony/beth) SO's - but i would still seek therapy for yourselves. think of therapy helping the headstuff while the band deals w/the stomach.....

I did as I promised Ebony yesterday and contacted (via e-mail) a therapist here in town whose top three specialties includes eating disorders. Now I wait to hear back.

I SO want to go bungee jumping and skydiving, but I think someone will have to push me once I get up there. I don't think I could jump.

Had some bumps over the weekend with our house. We are having one built, and I'm so disgusted with the builder. The base price was very nice, but NOTHING is included. You want lights? Oh, that's an upgrade.

Really? Lights? There are few little things here and there...The standard options are crappy, so of course people upgrade. I was expecting to put about 15% into the house on the upgrades that I would LOVE to have, and now 1/2 that cost is going to things like LIGHTS.

Geeze.

So, I'm ready to get my earnest money back and say f off, but DH is really set on getting the house. So, I think we're still going full speed ahead with it.

I'll just simmer the next few months, move into my house and then love it for the rest of my life - even if it kills him, er, me...

With the economy the way it is and lenders not really leanding out much money, you'd think you could work a deal about now... :tongue2:

There are definitely times where I need help. I was thinking of overeaters anonymous, just to get back on track.

Of course, I've been losing lately, so maybe right now I'm okay? I dunno.

My friends and I had lunch at Fuddruckers yesterday. They got the kids meal burgers and I got the grilled chicken salad w/dressing on the side.

I didn't WANT to, but I had just weighed myself and really wanted to be good. And, I was talking to them, so really only ate one piece of the chicken before I got the stuck/full feeling and had to stop.

Afterwards, they lined up to get their kids meal cookie, and I told them I'd wait outside. I just saw that big ole chocolate brownie staring at me and I knew if I saw them getting the cookie, I'd get the brownie.

I'm nothing if not supportive of my friends! :tongue2: LOL

In all seriousness, though, I ended up feeling like the ass. I felt kinda left out because I wasn't eating a burger and fries, and I felt left out from not getting a cookie.

I was being GOOD, and I felt like third wheel.

I did as I promised Ebony yesterday and contacted (via e-mail) a therapist here in town whose top three specialties includes eating disorders. Now I wait to hear back.

Yanno...both our trips to the studo made me think that the economy is seriously wacked right now. I don't know what to believe.

Over 100 people just got laid off last week from work,and yet that studio was HOPPING busy.

And, in our community where we're buying, the lots are mostly gone. A month ago, when we picked out our lot, there were a few dozen lots available. Yesterday - 3.

So, people are buying...but they're also losing their jobs. How does that work?

I admit it, I'm politically and economically dumb. I don't know the details of much - usually just enough to sound smart. So, this equation really has me taking a double take.

Um...I'm also REALLY hoping they pass the $15,000 help for non-first time homebuyers. I'm getting really jealous of folks who are getting $8,000. My #1 sin...jealousy. If that passes, we could have lights in every room! LOL ...imagine that.

There are definitely times where I need help. I was thinking of overeaters anonymous, just to get back on track.

My friends and I had lunch at Fuddruckers yesterday. They got the kids meal burgers and I got the grilled chicken salad w/dressing on the side.

I didn't WANT to, but I had just weighed myself and really wanted to be good. And, I was talking to them, so really only ate one piece of the chicken before I got the stuck/full feeling and had to stop.

Afterwards, they lined up to get their kids meal cookie, and I told them I'd wait outside. I just saw that big ole chocolate brownie staring at me and I knew if I saw them getting the cookie, I'd get the brownie.

I'm nothing if not supportive of my friends! :cursing: LOL

In all seriousness, though, I ended up feeling like the ass. I felt kinda left out because I wasn't eating a burger and fries, and I felt left out from not getting a cookie.

That is exactly the reason I have avoided going out so much. I don't want to watch other people eating the food I can't eat nor do I want them to feel guilty eating in front of me (for the few that know I am banded). I don't want to be sitting in the middle of a crowded restaurant and get stuck or come close to having a PB and no where to go fast. I have eaten out twice since banding. I was scared both times. I went out with my family last week, but I left before they ordered food. There didn't appear to be anything band friendly on the menu.:tongue2:

I usually do okay with salads, Soups, or even just a glass of milk.

Going out is a lot cheaper than it used to be, with the exception of the salads. Why are salads more expensive than the steak???

Yay, Beth! Yay! :cursing::thumbup::thumbup::wub::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm nothing if not supportive of my friends! :thumbup: LOL

I HATE that feeling! :tongue2: It's happened to me - my DH and DD often want pizza Hut for dinner, so I usually have a salad, then feel guilty for not indulging. Occasionally I can have a few bites of pizza, but the bread content is so high, it gets stuck quickly...:thumbup:

Tap - re the Coach bag - they have numbered tags...maybe an email via the Coach website to tell them that the previous buyer of the bag left something in it that you'd like to return? If they registered the bag, maybe they could find the buyer that way, or perhaps they could find the store whose stock it was...

Like you, I'd feel bad for the other person...

eating out w/DH is fine - both banded, both know to go slow and take it easy.

i have problems when dining out w/friends. i let the chatter get the best of me and i don't pay attention get stuck, and leave a plateful of food that will now become DH's lunch the next day.

I usually do okay with salads, Soups, or even just a glass of milk.

Going out is a lot cheaper than it used to be, with the exception of the salads. Why are salads more expensive than the steak???

I don't get that either.:tongue2: You know that they are making a killing on the salads because even with all of the high prices around, lettuce is still pretty cheap!

Yay! I hope you hear from the therapist soon.

i have problems when dining out w/friends. i let the chatter get the best of me and i don't pay attention get stuck, and leave a plateful of food that will now become DH's lunch the next day.

Exactly. I went to a luncheon for work. It was awful because everyone was talking. I was trying to look and act natural with my eating, but I struggled to pay close enough attention to my eating pace to not get stuck.:tongue2:

I don't get that either.:tongue2: You know that they are making a killing on the salads because even with all of the high prices around, lettuce is still pretty cheap!

They jack up the prices on whatever is popular at the moment. Remember when chicken was cheap? Then people started eating it for health reasons and the price went up. Then skirt steak (i.e. fajitas) was DIRT cheap because it was pretty much considered throwaway, and then fajitas got popular and the price went way up. Same thing with fish at one time. Now salad.< /p>