Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I vote yes as well. As the democratic process says that 100% of the people voted it is Friday, therefore it is!

PJTP...Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the LBT Moms!:thumbup:

Had a wonderful weekend...saw a "dramatic reading" of a possible new play written by August Wilson at a local theatre in town. The actors were kinda funny - more reading than acting, but the words were the important part...

Ran around all day Saturday with DD delivering flowers (1-day job with local florist). Day started rainy, but cleared up, and I got to hang with DD all day...it was fun. We made some people's days brighter with the flowers, my car smelled WONDERFUL, and DH got to spend the day chillin' at home...it was a win-win-win all the way around :frown:

Nice service at church yesterday - DD and DH made me Breakfast (bits of this and that), saw two movies yesterday (Star Trek - awesome!) and relaxed the rest of the day. I was not allowed to do any of my usual weekend chores...no laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. It was wonderful! :thumbup:

Re: the Screaming Eagle Fatboy motorcycle...no bid yet from me - we still haven't fully figured out college tuition yet, so I've got to restrain myself (must stay off of EBay...)

DD is looking into Army ROTC as a possible alternative for college funding. She's got a great attitude about it - she gets her education, follows the family tradition of service (My dad was Army, one of my brothers was a Marine, the other Air Force, DH is Navy, DS was Army, DU (uncle on dad's side) was also Navy) and she has an instant "family" when she hits campus, plus a guaranteed job for the next 4 - 6 years. DH spoke to the recruiter on Saturday, DD talked to them yesterday. She hasn't completely decided yet, but she's leaning that way...

Life is good...even though it's beautiful outside and I'd rather be in my garden...it's all good!:wub:

Edited by EbonyRose
misspelled word

saw two movies yesterday (Star Trek - awesome!)

going w/dh this afternoon to see this - i promised.

i don't do sci-fi at ALL, but he leaves out of town for 2wks tomorrow & the movie theater is a studio grill & i can get wine:wink:

pjtp - another monday on LBT, more belly shots on the home page...:frown:

Life is good...even though it's beautiful outside and I'd rather be in my garden...it's all good!:frown:

Yes indeed!

DH offered to take me to see Star Trek yesterday. I decided I would rather wait until a little later.

I am glad that I don't go to the main page. I don't think I could take belly shots so early in the morning.

Drive by:

I got only my 3rd adjustment last Thursday. Needed it as I didn't feel as if I had much restriction. Today I had my first true experience with PB and sliming. Damn that hurts.:thumbup: Luckily, only lasted about 10 minutes. So, I guess I was lucky in that respect.

I'm so sorry! How are you feeling after the weekend? Hang in there.

i would check w/the vet.

i have dogs from age 3 to 17....i feel like i have a toddler to an old woman to care for on some days. but it's my 8yr old golden that is very similar to your dog. she's lost her gate/very stiff - tires easily and seems to be aging faster trying to keep up w/the younger labs. she's actually laying underneath me as i type. 10 is getting up there, especially for larger dogs; she may have dysplasia / arthritis / etc....and while some exercise is good - maybe not everyday & for shorter distance.

She's going in tomorrow AM. I'll let y'all know. I'm pretty sure it's arthritis. She's about 40lbs and we think 1/2 chow and 1/2 spitz. Having been abused as a pup, we also don't know what that might've done to her physically while she was in her growing stage.

Get off the computer? Blasphemy! :thumbup:

I know! But I HAD to get some stuff done that day. I was trying to get us out of town at a decent time on Friday!

i just realized on another thread i had 3999 posts - so i figured i'd come here for 4000.....yep back away from lbt:)

Whoo Hoo!

I love mine. It's a 2005 Victory Vegas, red (of course), and looks fast even standing still.

Nice bike!!

Horses, motorcycles....scared of them both. DH just wants a big truck.

Love all of the above! The only one I have is a big truck! '99 Chevy, full-size, 3/4 ton, 454, crew cab, 4 wheel drive, 6 inch lift, 35 inch tires on 16.5 inch rims. I had to put sissy steps on it so I could get into it! LOL! Oh and it's dark blue, my fav color!

PJTP/Rant.

How can he know she exists and NOT GIVE A CRAP?

/rant

Rant away. I don't understand it either. I'm pretty sure she's better off tho.

Good kid, that one...and amazingly perceptive as well. He was friends with his natural father, but the only one he calls Dad is my DH. :wub:

Good kid. His birth father didn't deserve him!

Slim..Thank you. I do feel better.

I would love to go horse back riding again.

I'm glad you're feeling better!

I'm planning on going this year. I'm finally feeling like I won't hurt the horse! My mom rides at a stable near her and DD's been begging to ride so I think we're going to try to do it this summer.

Little scary tho! I haven't been on a horse in 20 years! And she was a bitch mare and hard to ride!

Instead, I used the gov't support for a few short years while I rolled up my sleeves, when back to college and trained as a teacher, then went out to work (never been on welfare since!!). DD turns 28 this year and has never met him...and has no desire to do so.

Good for you!! WTG Fanny!

PJTP my news - I just found out that I have shingles. WTF!!!

Oh no! I've had chicken pox twice and have been told that I'm now MORE susceptible to Shingles!! I'm so sorry and I sure hope you're feeling better soon!

I have never understood dead beat parents. Babies are so precious that I can't understand any parent(man or woman) that won't to right by their kids.

Totally agree!

You are welcome to come play in the dirt at my house. I have a flower bed or two that really need some attention. I just don't know what to do with them.

I've got almost 2 acres that Tap can come play in if she wants! LOL!

The grandmother thing for me is almost worse than her own father not seeing her.

I agree, you end up losing the entire family, not just the parent.

We've been packing all day, and I'm beat.

I took a break earlier and rode the bike around w/the dogs.

Her sister and I have been talking about sending DD to FL in October for her Grandmother's 90-something birthday.

UGH! Hate packing! Best wishes on getting that done as quickly and easily as possible!

Sounds like you had a nice break on the bike tho! Keep taking those times as often as you can!

Great that her sister stays in contact. That's wonderful! I think the trip sounds great and DD would enjoy it!

In her memory, he braved the funeral to come and meet us all. He's a lovely man and living back on our side of the country, so stays in contact now.

What a great story! Glad he decided to go and ended up connecting with y'all again! I'm sure it's great for him too.

My DH falls on the other side of the deadbeat thing.

UGH! I hate those stories too! So Wrong!! I sure hope DD decides to get in, and stay in, touch with you guys.

I've been spending the last two days attempting to organize nearly four years' worth of filing (crap was just stuffed in boxes, ugh),

I hate organizing! I like to BE organized but hate making it happen! LOL!

Had a wonderful weekend...

DD is looking into Army ROTC...

Life is good...even though it's beautiful outside and I'd rather be in my garden...it's all good!:crying:

Life IS good! Glad you had such a nice weekend!

Good for DD! I don't understand those commercials for the armed forces that have the parents and kids "talking" about it but the parents are hesitant. I know it can be dangerous, there are wars but I guess I just don't get it. 'Course, I'm married to a fireman, he was Air Guard when we met, I've been involved in the Sheriff's Dept and thought about becoming a deputy, involved in EMS, dad served in the Navy, etc. so maybe I just look at things differently. I guess I'm used to the serving country/community, etc thing.

going w/dh this afternoon to see this - i promised.

i don't do sci-fi at ALL, but he leaves out of town for 2wks tomorrow & the movie theater is a studio grill & i can get wine:wink:

pjtp - another monday on LBT, more belly shots on the home page...:frown:

How was the movie? I had a sitter all lined up for this afternoon so we could go see Wolverine but DH is down in Santa Barbara on the fire so alas, no movie today!

Gotta love the belly shots! NOT!!!

PJTP: Went to my mom's again this weekend. Came home completely exhausted! I went to sleep last night and didn't wake up once! That NEVER happens! I usually have to visit the potty at least once a night! Or DD wakes up or dreams or whatever but she was totally out too!

Saturday we went to Kohl's b/c I needed to look for a new swimsuit. Yuck! Well, I found a cute one, skirted tankini, 40% off and it was a size 16!!!! Last year's suit was a 20 or 22, can't remember now. Huge NSV! It's really cute too. Before surgery I normally would've gone right up to an 18 b/c it is a little snug but it's fine and will be even better as the summer goes along.

My mom bought this: BOB Sport Utility Stroller at REI.com for me for Mother's Day! They were having an anniversary sale that ended yesterday and I needed a new/better stroller for my walks but just couldn't swing even the sale price right now. I was just going to save money til I could buy it but now don't have too! I couldn't believe she did that! Such a surprise! It's wonderful too! So nice on my walks now! Easy to maneuver and goes great over our gravel driveway and rough dirt roads, etc!

Well, I gotta get. Gonna lose battery power soon and it's time for lunch!

TTFN!

Heartfire - I'm not even going to TRY and beat that multi-quote - dang, girl!:thumbup:

Congrats on the swimsuit...I had to buy a new one in anticipation of my July trip to Florida, because I have no idea what size I will be and I KNOW that if I wait until then, there will only be wool in the stores, cause they remove all the swimsuits after June 30th! :wub:

Hopefully it will fit me for a while - also skirted, kinda in the old-style suits (full body - no cutouts or anything) - think hollywood glamour - and really cute in the ad. We'll see what happens - it will arrive this week, though I won't be wearing it for a while.

Gotta love those NSV's - I live on them right now while my weight is fluctuating a bit. I just went under 230, so I've got nothing to complain about. Shooting for 220 by the end of the month - I've got about 3 weeks to make it there, and I KNOW I can make that...

It's so nice to have reasonable goals and KNOW that you can make them because you've got the band to help you...this is SO much nicer than what I used to put myself through! I :thumbup: my band!:frown:

[quote name='heartfire;

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Thank you

Little scary tho! I haven't been on a horse in 20 years! And she was a bitch mare and hard to ride!

I fully understand. It has been 32 yrs for me.

Gotta love the belly shots! NOT!!!

I agree. The one I seen this A.M. had her belly hanging over the top of her panties. Sorry hon if your reading this' date=' but I don't like to look at my hanging tummy. Why would I want to look at someone elses?[/color']:wub:

Well, I found a cute one, skirted tankini, 40% off and it was a size 16!!!! Last year's suit was a 20 or 22, can't remember now. Huge NSV!

That is a great NSV. I don't know when I will get up the nerve to put my tail in a bathing suit. I haven't owned one in yrs. Wait a cotten picken minute! I might have one a freind gave me last yr. I might had put it up. I'll have to check.

[quote name=EbonyRose;in anticipation of my July trip to Florida' date='

Are you driving or flying to Florida? Either way you could make a pit stop In Huntsville, Al. on your way there!:frown:

Gotta love those NSV's

It's so nice to have reasonable goals and KNOW that you can make them because you've got the band to help you...this is SO much nicer than what I used to put myself through! I :thumbup: my band!:thumbup:

I agree with you Ebony. It is so much better and Love NSV's:wub:

can't keep up w/michelle the quoting queen....

pjtp - hubby's trip is cancelled & he's on vacation now instead 2 wks.....he wants vaca at the house, i have visions of hot tanned bodies delivering me fancy drinks w/umbrellas - working on it.....

Oh oh... I just challenged one of the doctors on this site: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f197/why-you-shouldnt-eat-salad-93913/ I hope I don't get in trouble but his post made me hopping mad!! :thumbup:

i don't see one thing that you said that would get you in trouble or that i disagree w/.

my dr doesn't buy into the Protein first or other rules that most here seem to follow and i've pissed some off by saying so, and i really can give a rats "well ya know".

making a salad right now for diner - what a horrible choice:glare:

It was all I could do to restrain myself from saying things like "irresponsible", "unprofessional" and "stupid"!! My doctor would be horrified at that advice, especially since it can be so easily taken as validation for never eating salad veges!!

In honour of this, here's my favourite "Spinach & Mango Salad" recipe:

3-4 generous handfuls of fresh baby spinach leaves

440g/1lb tin of mango pieces, drained & sliced

1/3 of a cucumber, sliced thin (peel only every 2nd half inch width, alternating stripes, for added visual appeal)

1 large carrot (peeled, sliced thinly on the diagonal)

1-2 celery stalks (sliced thinly on the diagonal)

1/2 punnet grape or cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)

1/2 large (or 1 small) red sweet bell pepper (sliced)

1/2 purple salad onion (sliced finely)

1-2 tablespoons of pine nuts

*Serves 6-8 people

Slice all the veges except the spinach and mangoes, and toss together with the pine nuts until well mixed. Add spinach and toss again gently (trying not to bruise the spinach). Add sliced mangoes and toss very gently. The mango juices will act as Salad Dressing but don't toss too much or you mush the pieces (which are NUMMY!!) and lose them.

This makes the most wonderfully fresh-tasting and colourful salad ever... I could live on this every day! I think the visual appeal is as important as the taste - it is SO pretty!

Edited by Fanny Adams