Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I will NOT venture across the threshold of any store/mall on that day of days. I hate shopping at the best of times (bookstores are an exception), and that madness done once years ago was enough to sour me from ever ever ever doing it again. It certainly didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about the human race!

i can't do it - you actually can't pay me to do it.

all of my shopping is done with a click of a mouse. it's annoying to even go do my regular target shopping each wk with the craziness of holiday shopping.

DH will do shopping - Frys; he actually is off today and doing xmas shopping there for us & that's it. i can expect him gone all day:thumbup:

59F is15C - I'd have the heater on too!! BRRR! Probably don't break out the gloves until it gets to 5C (40F) though, which is only ever in the wee small hours of the night, never in daylight.

Fanny, thanks for the pics of the gorgeous scenery and beautiful horses.

PTP: It's 50F in Houston this morning--the kids are hopeful it will snow. :) I told them that it has to get A LOT colder than that to snow but they figure if it can get this cold in Houston, it can get cold enough to snow. Can't help but envy the hopeful optimism of children.

Beth - thinking of you today. Let us know as soon as you feel up to posting how you're doing.

That's one thing that I really love about my job - I get to see some awesome scenery in some really remote parts of the country. Before I worked at Argyle, I was up in Nhulunbuy/Gove on the coast of the Gulf of Carpentaria in the Northern Territory. Not many people get to see that, as it is 700km into Arnhem Land and they don't give out tourist visas. I've seen most part of Aus now, from the incredible tropical rainforests around the Daintree River in Qld, to the central deserts of NT, SA and WA, to the forests and mountains in Victoria and Tasmania, and of course coastlines and beaches around the entire perimeter of the country. I never get tired of all the wonderful sights there are around Aus...

Australia is DEFINITELY one of the places I would die to see. I don't need riches or big homes, but I would love to be able to travel. *sigh*

A previous co-worker of mine went with a girlfriend to Australia and spent a month there, just bumming around and staying at hostels. She was enamored and totally fell in love with the place.

horses & beaches .... i'm dreaming of both.

We have Chincoteague Island out here which has wild ponies all over the place. It's a national park, I believe, and one day I WILL go there to camp or just go for the day. :)

Hey, Beth, what are you doing posting? I thought today was the big day??

Fanny, I forgot to mention, I loved your photos, they are absolutely beautiful.

Oh, and PJTP that this is post number 4,000 for me.

You can keep that cold weather. For me, anything below 70 degrees is pushing it!! Good luck on your surgery today!

Thanks, Susan! Just an hour and a half to go before I leave the house! :)

We have Chincoteague Island out here which has wild ponies all over the place. It's a national park, I believe, and one day I WILL go there to camp or just go for the day. :)

omg beth i know exactly the place. grew up spending my summers in ocean city md ...boy it's been a LONG time since i've been up in that part of VA - mostly DC area when i visit nowadays.

good luck w/surgery today!!!!

omg beth i know exactly the place. grew up spending my summers in ocean city md ...boy it's been a LONG time since i've been up in that part of VA - mostly DC area when i visit nowadays.

That's right! i almost forgot you spent some time out this way! Have you been to Chincoteague? I've been in VA for three years now and have never been out there yet.

good luck w/surgery today!!!!

Thanks!!! I am more excited than nervous. It's almost unreal...

That's right! i almost forgot you spent some time out this way! Have you been to Chincoteague? I've been in VA for three years now and have never been out there yet..

yeah - lived in DC for 3yrs & most of my moms family when not in FL spend the other half the yr there.

not been to chincoteague - but i have heard how beautiful it is & i adore horses.

exciting is a good thing, re- surgery. you spending the night or day surgery?

exciting is a good thing, re- surgery. you spending the night or day surgery?

I get to spend the night. Look at it like a mini vacation. lol Getting waited on hand and foot, drug cocktails, and cable tv (don't have cable at home). What could be better? :)

I just realised, tomorrow is my 2 year bandiversary! wow!

That's awesome!