Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Then I'm in trouble... I'm only hours into my first day of liquid pre-op stuff and I'm famished... :tongue2:

i give ya'll who had to do a pre-op diet major credit - i'm pretty grouchy hungry:glare: post-op not so bad, as i wasn't hungry till wk 3 & happy on pain meds...LOL

ok - posting a bit of a rant. tupperware, DH can NEVER close tupperware tubs - rather he just lays/rests it on top. if i go to the fridge one more f'in time and drop food all over the floor because his lazy A$$ can push the lid down i'm going to pinch him... ahhhh feel better, off to mop floor for 2nd time today.:lol:

I'm down 11 lbs since Monday!! :tongue2: preop diet rules. Had my EGD today turns out I have a hiatal hernia so have to have it repaired during surgery. 10 more days!

I'm down 11 lbs since Monday!! :tongue2: preop diet rules. Had my EGD today turns out I have a hiatal hernia so have to have it repaired during surgery. 10 more days!

WOW!!!! That averages 2.2 lbs per day! Mind boggling.

BTW, do not be afraid to use the multiquote. The multiquote is your friend. Accept the multiquote. Love the multiquote.

Resistance is futile.

Um, yes. "Somebody" didn't place it, I placed it. It is for the TV show "Chuck" b/c I love Zachary Levi and his cute self! Can I get an "amen" MommaMac?

6745267_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Amen! I heard it will be cancelled though.

turns out I have a hiatal hernia so have to have it repaired during surgery.

If you have GERD now, the repair will probably make it go away!

Husbands... can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em. :Dancing_sorry:

Well, you can shoot them, but then you go to jail and their food isn't bariatric friendly.

Donna - you're right, it is a LOT to ask (or suggest) someone do...I think Diva's up to it though, based on her posts I've seen here...

I know the pain of being talked about behind my back... :Dancing_wub: it's not something I'd wish on my worst enemy, and something I hope to avoid when I can. If I can encourage even one someone to SAY SOMETHING to the person being dissed, and they can make a change that helps their health or their self-esteem, then I guess it's okay. :Dancing_sorry:

That said, if Diva doesn't feel comfortable doing this, no pressure here...I completely understand!:)

I too would have trouble, and I think if you have experienced the same or similar issues, it makes it easier to do, or to advise.

My oldest DD suffered for years with hyper-hydrosis. She sweat like crazy! No odor just serious sweating. She wore black every single day....so the arm stains were not visible. Then she found out about a medication, that has been around for years, got her Dr. to prescribe it, and has been on cloud 9 and wearing every color of the rainbow since.

About a month ago, my Mom was at church and they have a meet and greet time leading into the service, and she went up to a man they have known for several years, and was going to hug him, and he backed away, and quite embarrassedly told her he sweats really bad, and did not want to gross her out. Mom said she felt so bad for him. When my DD heard, she was in the pew next to him the next week---he had never seen her before in his life! Services ended, and she had my Mom introduce them, she told him she hoped it did not offend him but her Grandma told her that he had the same sweating problem she had had for years, and she gave him a paper she had wrote down the name of her Rx on. He was not embarrassed acting she said, he seemed thrilled to hear there might be a different answer, they compared all the burning antiperspirants they tried....yadda,yadda, yadda.

Just last week, she called me from work, and he had through my Mom, found out where she worked, and had flowers delivered to her from he and his wife. He said he ask his Dr. about it, they tried it, and he is finding success with it. Told her she was his own personal angel!

So like ER says-----sometimes in some cases there is relief in being able to talk about these things, and shared info might eradicate the problem.

All that being said-------I would be to wimpy, wimpy, wimpy!!!

Kat

If you have GERD now, the repair will probably make it go away!

I was diagnosed with Gerd when I was 15. It's been bothering me more the past few months so I am guessing it's the hernia. Will a hernia repair make surgery more painful/longer/longer recovery?

My understanding is the hernia repair will all that you mentioned, Froggi. More pain and longer recovery should be expected. I don't know how much more pain. In truth, I didn't feel any pain until day 5 after surgery and that was gas.

I had a hiatal hernia repaired during my banding, and even with that, I found it to be an easy surgery. The 3rd day I had 5 hours by car, and 5 in the air to get home, and did it all with a dose of liquid Tylenol. By the next week I was shopping....my DD was remodeling a home and I was the "gopher".

I have no idea what the surgery would have been like without the hernia repair, but it did not cause me to be sidelined......and I was twice your age!!!

Good Luck!!!!

Kat

Madame - noooooooo; say it ain't so! Off to surf the internet...

Kat - I could just hug your DD. What a sweet sweet girl!

Beth - "Husbands... can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em..." AND GET AWAY WITH IT!!!

Somebody could write the person with the offensive breath an anonymous letter. Take the chicken's way out.`

I didn't think repairing a hernia made the surgery take any longer. My doc said it's an easy fix. I had one and my recovery could not have been easier. I was out walking 3 dogs at once the next day.

I think an anonymous note would be really cruel. That would leave the person wondering who it was or if the whole office was in on it.

Will a hernia repair make surgery more painful/longer/longer recovery?

Yes. But just a little. And afterwards, blessed relieve from that feeling that a cat is sitting on your chest.