Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Random posting - it's snowing outside. Although somewhat redundant - it doesn't snow inside...whatever, I digress. I like fish as long as it doesn't taste fishy.

Random posting - it's snowing outside. Although somewhat redundant - it doesn't snow inside...whatever, I digress. I like fish as long as it doesn't taste fishy.

wow - 75 out right now, snows maybe twice a yr & melts w/in hours

fishy fish - is not appealing

Beth, just 4 more days!

Beth, just 4 more days!

I know, I can hardly wait!

And I don't know how others fared, but I feel very fortunate. I haven't really been horribly hungry since I began liquids on Friday -- but I HAVE lost 10 pounds already!! Five alone were lost from Friday moring to Saturday morning! :)

I didn't have a pre-op diet requirement. I did lose 7-10 lbs the first week post op (probably because of luquids/mushy stage). Now I'm depressed because that means in the 4 months since then I've only lost 13 lbs which averages 3.25 lbs per month! Arg! :)

think i found your five - not a good scale morning...LOL:tongue2:

Ew, sorry to hear it. :)

It's so funny because the nurse told me that I could expect to lose 8-15 pounds pre-op on the liquid phase, and I looked her dead in the eye and said no problem. I lost 15 pounds the first week on a good, healthy, monitored diet where I actually ATE. :unsure:

I didn't have a pre-op diet requirement. I did lose 7-10 lbs the first week post op (probably because of luquids/mushy stage). Now I'm depressed because that means in the 4 months since then I've only lost 13 lbs which averages 3.25 lbs per month! Arg! :)

Try to look at it as better 13 pounds down than 26 pounds heavier (the 13 you lost plus 13 gained). :unsure:

It's amazing how different the doctors are. The first two weeks I will still be on liquids. Then mush for two weeks, then normal food about 12/19 or so.

I was down 11 lbs the 4th morning of preop diet. Today I got weighed again and I'm stuck at 11...but a total of 39 down so far. Surgery is monday I'm also having a hiatal hernia fixed. It sounds like my surgeon has a diet a bit like yours Beth post op. Clear Liquids a week full liquids 1-2 weeks mushie 1-2 weeks then soft solids a week then regular food again..I should be back to regular food christmas week HOPEFULLY.

Hi guys I've been off for a few days my 4yr old is way sicky..

He has vomitted on everything in the house and I haven't slept in days ...doc said just a bug and it will pass ... ...ttyl

Regarding personal space and oral odors, What if you can smell it trailing someone?

What then?

Yes, I DID know someone like that.

Just covertly toss a tictac in their mouth when they're yawning or something.

slim - i've been here going on 15yrs. lived in NYC, DC & many months on end in No Cal.

i have grown fond of TX. i'm not sure DH would want to live anywhere else - if i had my druthers; i would live in austin or it's surrounding areas.

I love the hill country. I would live there if all of the family weren't in northeast Texas. I went to college in San Marcos and LOVED it there. All those little German towns in that area are beautiful.

Oh and PS - had my first PB on eggs. Now as bad as I thought tho I don't long for them!!

Eh, live and learn. It's just part of the process.

You mean I may have to give up my eggs? I don't have good restriction yet. I have still been able to eat eggs. Darn it!

I usually do ok on eggs (but they have to be kinda soft scrambled)

Seriously? That's almost a pound a week! You're right on target, Donna. With this slow weight loss, maybe you won't have all the "skin issues", and can post all those cheesecake photos that we all want to see. (and by "we all" I mean "me"....just sounds less creepy the first way).

With this slow weight loss, maybe you won't have all the "skin issues", and can post all those cheesecake photos that we all want to see. (and by "we all" I mean "me"....just sounds less creepy the first way).

Omg, too freakin' funny!! :)