Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

PJTP: Now THAT's how it's done!! I've been struggling to lose this year and last had a fill in March. At the time, my surgeon said things like "oh well, you've reached the goal I had in mind for you, so I don't think you need to come back". I have plastic surgery in December and I was hoping to have lost 15kg this year but I have only lost 5kg, but I've been reluctant to go for another fill because of my doc's comments. I finally decided, bugger it! I need another fill!! I mean, I ate a complete roast lamb dinner on Saturday night AND followed it up with a big dessert!! I NEED a fill!

So this time, I made the appointment with one of the surgeon's "assistant" doctors, and she's listened to me, and not just agreed on giving another fill but wants me back every four weeks for adjustments until the surgery date! YAY!! Maybe I'll FINALLY see some decent movement in the scale, instead of this piss-farting around with 0.5kg up and down each month...

Hi all! Had to go back to work today then I had agility class with Bailey and I just got caught up with today - dang, I was behind pages!!!

I will miss Carlene :wub:! But I am glad that Tap is back!:biggrin:

Michelle~ You were a posting fool today! Try to have a fun weekend! You get to see me the next weekend! I am really looking forward to meeting in person! And I also can't believe you used the word "hard on".:lol:

Beth~ How did school go today? I say we all pitch in a couple of bucks and get Donna a donkey ride :)

Kat~ Sounds like DD has the DGD situation under control. That must put your mind at ease.

Brandy~ Where do you live? Are you a valley girl? It would be fun if Michelle and I could get together with you.

Lu~ Smart buying extra flip flops. I just went through 2 pair in the last week. Kids left the dogs out when they left the house and Bailey loves my flip flops. I need to hit Old Navy and get some fill in pairs!

Ebony~ Sorry about the job hunt. Like Beth said, there is something bigger and better waiting for you out there!

Sure I missed someone and something, sorry about that! I will try to check in on my lunch so I am not so far behind!

So, my day was pretty good. We had a whole district meeting and had a really good keynote speaker. He was funny and interesting. Then we went to a break out session and DH and I were ready to cut out! OMG! They are trying to make the teachers completely responsible for every aspect of student learning. The students don't have to take any responsibility and if they are failing it is our fault! WHAT???? Not sure if that makes sense, but at some point the student needs to show up and step up. If they don't how will they ever be ready for the real world and a job??

My store managers came in to get started setting up. So of course I got none of my own work done. I get side tracked to easily! They have some great ideas and they will be busy painting and doing minor remodeling to get ready to open next week.

Hope everyone had a nice evening and you all have a great Tuesday!:party:

I will not, nor should our staff discuss with any member of the forum the reason behind our banning someone. As Plain said, this is something the staff discusses behind the scenes and makes decisions on. Very, very often, I also consult with Alex to make sure he agrees if it is a particular tricky situation.

LBT has certain rules. One of the biggest ones we stress is to attack the idea, not the person. When people are unable to follow those rules, then we have to take action. We cannot allow a person to get away with this simply because they have a group of followers who find he/she amusing. Especially because there is usually an even larger group of followers who are not amused.

Being a moderator of a large forum is not always an easy job. You don't see us keeping the forums clean of spam, because that happens behind the scenes. You don't see the nasty pm's we have to deal with from people are mad at us for making whatever decisions we deem necessary. You don't know how frustrating it is to deal with a situation and then see it further inflamed by members who feel the need to then start a thread specifically for the purpose of adding more fuel to a fire that we had hoped to put out.

The bottom line is, this is a support forum for weight loss and the band. It is a place where people should feel safe to discuss their issues without fear of being attacked or ridiculed. If someone crosses the line on too many occasions, then our team will address it and deem what appropriate action needs to be taken in order to continue to keep this a place of support.

Understood, Susan, and thanks for all the hard work you do.

That said, Donna is not innocent. She's just not as adept at the insults as HH is. :)

Oh and Beth, how was your first day of school? You didn't say. I hope it was a good day.

And you STILL haven't said when school ends next June! Speak up, Woman! LOL!

Sorry, couldn't write because some crappy malware attacked my computer between posts tonight. I spent nearly two hours performing three separate scans. JERKWAD IDIOTS who create this stuff!!! :)

School was good! Short classes for the first day, so that was good... however, Monday classes are split. I have one from 1:30 to 4:15, and the second is 7:20 to 10:00. School isn't close enough to home to warrant GOING home, so... I did some reading for my Thursday class.

Wednesdays are 1:30 to 4:15, and Thursdays I also have two classes, and luckily they're back-to-back -- 1:30 to 4:15, and 4:30 to 7:10. Ugh.

I like both instructors, though I wasn't initially sure about the second guy. He's ex-cop and was all serious-like in the beginning, but very quickly he was cutting jokes (straight-faced, tho) and was very engaging. He's the prof for my Criminal Justice Ethics class, and the lady in the earlier class is teaching Strength-Based Leadership. She was fantastic -- a sit-on-the-desk-and-chat type. Says she's unconventional, and I believe her.

Overall, so far so good!

And I did answer about 2010 up there somewhere. From what I see, my classes end about mid-May, though saying that now it doesn't sound right. Hmm... I have a daytimer I bought that has all the different school functions/data in it, so I'll check it later on and verify. I'd LOVE to be able to come!

They are trying to make the teachers completely responsible for every aspect of student learning. The students don't have to take any responsibility and if they are failing it is our fault! WHAT???? Not sure if that makes sense, but at some point the student needs to show up and step up. If they don't how will they ever be ready for the real world and a job??

Now you know why you could never pay me enough... not only dealing with other people's bratty kids, but this crap. Welcome to the new world of teaching. I've heard about this stupidity for years. I guess it's just now hitting your home state. :)

?anybody want some shrooms?

*raises hand*

There are some I don't care for...others I don't know that well, but the ones that I "see" daily and then are gone, upset me and bother me. Alex has done a great job at creating a family-type environment, but the backfire is that people like me want to know why their friends are gone.

Glouc, It's not really that cut and dried. HH wasn't bounced "out of nowhere". He had ample opportunity to follow the rules. He chose not to.

This is not a private PM bitch-fest, and I'm sorry that any mod goes through that. I was openly asking a question that I feel I deserves a response - what rule did Carlene break?

Besides making his 2nd fake account to get around being banned? After he was warned repeatedly when he made the first fake account?

[Gloucester;1315535]If folks who have issues can't PM their Mods, and they can't open new threads, then what do we do? Drink the Kool-Aid and smile?

I think it's perfectly acceptable to PM a mod. I'd prefer it to remain civil, though. I've had my share lately (and even one public post in the politics forum) accusing me of abusing my mod power, how I think I'm God, etc, etc. I try my hardest to remain neutral in these dramas (and the good lawd knows I've defended people that I thought needed defending.....even if I cannot stand them personally), but it gets difficult when people tend to think the worst.

There have been PLENTY of people that have attacked others that are still members of this site. I, for one, would suggest that if you do not like someone, hastily put them on ignore.

Believe me, that suggestion was offered. Repeatedly.

Seriously though - What I don't get is how this happens in the R&R section - isn't that what it is all about - letting loose - smacking each other around - life is too short to be that dictatorial!

1) Even in the rants section, there are rules to be followed. Attack the idea, not the person. Now, there is way more "slack" given in R&R (and in a couple of "silly" threads, where the abuse is consentual and satirical, there is tons of slack given)

2) The threads that are at the nexus of this argument weren't even contained to the r&r section!

3) Dictatorial? Really?

Sounds like a plan to me! That $*%& Donna wasn't even in that thread until she suspected it was him. She's always on him like white on rice. I don't get it. Chick needs to get a life, a boyfriend, or a hobby.

That may be true. However, we all have a choice in what we say or how we react. "She started it" is not really a valid defense when you're an adult (and I should know...."She was asking for it, dressing that way" did not help my sexual assault case)

Further, I feel like more than just HH should've been banned, if there was going to be banning. He wasn't out there debating thin air, you know.

But he was the only one that broke the rules. Repeatedly. Again, he could have put Donna on "ignore". Or he could have formulated a response that was within the rules. He chose neither.

OK I would pay big money to see Plain in a musical!!!

Well pay up, sister, because I've been neck-deep in this drama for awhile now.

That said, Donna is not innocent. She's just not as adept at the insults as HH is. :)

Uh...that's one way to look at it, I guess.....

Plain, I am so glad you are online after I go to bed at night. Thanks for explaining everything so perfectly. You are my new hero!!

The main thing to understand is we don't just randomly ban someone the first time there is a problem. There are usually numerous complaints from several people, warnings via pm and sometimes publicly. And, when we do ban someone, we are banning the person, not just the id.

Lulu, your new puppy is so adorable and lucky to have you.

Good morning everyone else, even those who don't love me anymore. :)

So all I really have to say new is "welcome back, tap. Missed ya."

You missed me? Plain missed me? Aw, shucks (demurely says Tap as she scuffs her foot on the floor)

I do appreciate what all of you do and especially Alex for even starting this forum in the first place. It's been a huge support and font of information, good and bad, for me and I would miss it if it weren't here or, God-forbid, I was banned!

Ditto.

Maybe you should put on yer "dancin' shoes" and wow everybody with a big musical theater-style production? It always works for me.

Oh Oh Oh....can I have a role? I LOVE theatrical productions, and I can be a great 'doo wop' girl for the big finale!

Cant we all just get along?

makes me wanna blend up a big mac.

:coffee::lol:

?anybody want some shrooms?

Might help some 'peace out'...

Kat-I am so sorry that you had a bad day at work. I am glad that DD got the ball rolling on that SOB of an ex she has. I am pulling for things to work out in her favor.

re 2010 get together-I am good for any week next summer.

Luluc- Your scent is all over your shoes. The new puppy is just letting you know how much he loves you by eating your shoes. :party:

Ebony-I am so sorry about the job situation. Hopefully something will come through for you soon.

Beth & krtork-how was school?

Congrats on the scale victory Beth! :blink:

Just thought I would say this again... Welcome back Tap!:grouphug::w00t:

Ditto, and thanks

Omg, it's YOU!!! You've been SO MISSED!!! HI!! :shocked:

Thanks Beth.

Hubby seems to be feeling a tad better today. Was sucking on his straw a little bit ago. He's 44 and has been smoking since he was 8, so... yes, you read right, 8. He needs to quit.

would rather a date be chosen that will work for the masses, and if June works better (though I know, being a Texan, that it WILL be hotter! :cheers2:), then June it should be. I'll just come down on my own sometime and mow Lu's back 40.

DH smoked for almost 50 years and then gave it up cold turnkey 2 years ago. The first while was hell for both of us; now he just eats every time he has a craving...hence gaining about 50 pounds but like his smoking it has to be his decision to act on it. I'm nobodies mama!

But but but...you HAVE to be there Beth for our get together...

Oh no... :yikes: I don't know what to say except I'm sorry... but I guess you are being saved for bigger and better things, m'dear.

Exactly!

Tippity Tappity Taps!!!!!!! (sung to Bibbity Bobbity Boo or however you spell it.) Good to see you and welcome back, sugah!

Ebony - sorry for the work crap

Fanny - I loved the costumes? Hysterical!

Ditto.

Oh my stars!!! Heart said "hard-on"! I kinda picture you all goody-goody, Heart. I'm a bit aghast!

Yes indeed-y!

I made the appointment with one of the surgeon's "assistant" doctors, and she's listened to me, and not just agreed on giving another fill but wants me back every four weeks for adjustments until the surgery date! YAY!! Maybe I'll FINALLY see some decent movement in the scale, instead of this piss-farting around with 0.5kg up and down each month...

Here's hoping!

I am glad that Tap is back!:frown:

Michelle~ You were a posting fool today! Try to have a fun weekend!

Kat~ Sounds like DD has the DGD situation under control. That must put your mind at ease.

Lu~ Smart buying extra flip flops. I just went through 2 pair in the last week.

Ebony~ Sorry about the job hunt. Like Beth said, there is something bigger and better waiting for you out there!

They are trying to make the teachers completely responsible for every aspect of student learning. The students don't have to take any responsibility and if they are failing it is our fault! WHAT???? Not sure if that makes sense, but at some point the student needs to show up and step up. If they don't how will they ever be ready for the real world and a job??

Thanks! Ditto. And as for the educational system, yes indeed, personal responsibility is a dying characteristic. We are turning into a society of 'mama's boys' in which everything is done for us, we have no responsibility for anything, and nothing is our fault. Ever.

new puppy awfully active @ 5am :clock:

How old is this puppy? I can't look at his pic 'cause it just plays on my mind - there are lots of animals needing a loving home. NO NO NO...I can't!

Good morning everyone else, even those who don't love me anymore. :P

Morning Susan. We love you; we mayn't always understand or agree, but it isn't personal!

Now, good morning all! Im late signing on, but my mother is visiting with us for a few weeks, and between being up at all hours helping her to the bathroom, and stuff, and getting her set for the day as both DH and I are out, this really is my first break. I have such a great respect for those who deal with the elderly leaving them their dignity and treating them with compassion. I love my mother, but I find this personal care very difficult and difficult for her to accept from her daughter. Dh is a real support too, but she doesn't like him to see her after her 'accidents' etc, so it's up to me to get her into the tub etc. And my house is not designed with the amenities she really needs....but I digress.

Now, if I could just get back into the groove on other 'band' things...portion control, exercise....

Oh...and to those that pm'd and emailed me during my absence, THANKS! Sincerely, you will never know what those words meant to me - a lifeline if you will. There are some wonderfully warm-hearted good-souled beautiful people on LBT. I hope you all appreciate how rare it is to find one such person in a lifetime, and here there are several.

An emotional heart-felt Thank you.

Yes and no. If "she started it," that means "she" was also involved, also a party. To punish one (and I mean ANYone, not just HH in this case) that responds to the one who started it, well... And she could have put him on ignore as well, and I would assume she was told as much.

However, I will end my commentary here because I've been a mod more than once and I KNOW what a totally thankless and frustrating job it can be. I was a mod on a motorcycle group, and I'm tellin' ya, don't be fooled by the leathers, tats, and bald heads -- those guys are THE whiniest, wussiest babies you've ever come across. Made the job impossible. :frown: