Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Thank you everyone!!!
It’s been a crazy week, not just surgery stuff, so i have another month to prepare myself and it can only get better from here.. (Glass half full) I keep telling myself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, sentaric said:

On my way home !!
My surgery was canx 10 mins prior to being wheeled in to operating room.
I broke out with hives from nerves
So they rescheduled me for July 30th 😞

I am so sorry this happened to you! Try and stay positive and it will be here before you know it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone else have the H Pylori breath test as part of lab work? Does anyone know if a positive result can affect insurance approval?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/28/2018 at 12:41, CTGirl08 said:

Did anyone else have the H Pylori breath test as part of lab work? Does anyone know if a positive result can affect insurance approval?
I had it for lab work for my pcp and it came back negative but I don’t know it mattered or not when the lab work was I submitted to my surgeon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CTGirl08 said:

Did anyone else have the H Pylori breath test as part of lab work? Does anyone know if a positive result can affect insurance approval?

If you test positive they will put you on an antibiotic for a couple of months. It should not affect approval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/28/2018 at 12:41, CTGirl08 said:

Did anyone else have the H Pylori breath test as part of lab work? Does anyone know if a positive result can affect insurance approval?
I tested positive and had to do 14days on antibiotics to clear it and then test again a month later.

Will not impact insurance approval, but your surgeon will want you to clear it up and test negative before surgery, because h. Pylori causes stomach irritation and is a major cause of ulcers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the responses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second day back home and I’m feeling okay. I know I might sound crazy but I feel like I’m not getting full of off liquids? ? I’m not necessarily hungry but I’ve read so many people’s posts about how they get this full feeling and how it’s hard to take many liquids in but I feel like I can drink all the liquids in the world. I tend to obsess over and stress out about things I don’t have to but I haven’t been able to help think that my stomach isn’t as small as it should be or what not. I got the bypass and I my thoughts are just all over the place- any advice anyone? please tell me I’m just crazy and my stomach is actually the teeny tiny size it’s supposed to be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If things go as planned, I’ll be sleeved by the end of August! July 23rd marks my 6 months of supervised weight loss, and from there it’s just a matter of waiting for insurance approval!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, insta_adventurer said:

I tested positive and had to do 14days on antibiotics to clear it and then test again a month later.

Will not impact insurance approval, but your surgeon will want you to clear it up and test negative before surgery, because h. Pylori causes stomach irritation and is a major cause of ulcers.

Dang - A month later? My pre-op is only 2 week prior to my surgery. Good to know this ahead of time. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, g.elisabeth said:

Second day back home and I’m feeling okay. I know I might sound crazy but I feel like I’m not getting full of off liquids?? I’m not necessarily hungry but I’ve read so many people’s posts about how they get this full feeling and how it’s hard to take many liquids in but I feel like I can drink all the liquids in the world. I tend to obsess over and stress out about things I don’t have to but I haven’t been able to help think that my stomach isn’t as small as it should be or what not. I got the bypass and I my thoughts are just all over the place- any advice anyone? please tell me I’m just crazy and my stomach is actually the teeny tiny size it’s supposed to be

You're crazy. ;)

But seriously, this a common theme I read from people post-op. That they don't feel any different so it's hard to believe that anything was actually done. I bet it won't last long though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Gingernaut said:

If things go as planned, I’ll be sleeved by the end of August! July 23rd marks my 6 months of supervised weight loss, and from there it’s just a matter of waiting for insurance approval!

Welcome to the group!! I've added you to our member list. :)

MEMBER LIST: http://www.tinyurl.com/SummerWLS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/28/2018 at 13:18, Ylime said:





You're crazy. ;)




But seriously, this a common theme I read from people post-op. That they don't feel any different so it's hard to believe that anything was actually done. I bet it won't last long though.


THANK YOU! Even in the hospital I asked one of my surgeon’s residents if I actually had the RNY because I didn’t feel that different and was able to have liquids and shakes pretty quickly. Definitely eased my mind a little bit. Wandering thoughts are no friends to me lol I just can’t wait to start seeing some progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/28/2018 at 10:40, sentaric said:

On my way home !!

My surgery was canx 10 mins prior to being wheeled in to operating room.

I broke out with hives from nerves

So they rescheduled me for July 30th 😞
It's breaks my heart hearing this. So sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/28/2018 at 12:41, CTGirl08 said:

Did anyone else have the H Pylori breath test as part of lab work? Does anyone know if a positive result can affect insurance approval?
I did, but when I went in for my breath test, I learned I was allergic to the solution they administrate (citrus acid) so my doc said 95% of the people that follow the two week antibiotics meds are cured. They are going ahead with surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • MissPennyP

      I’m confused 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

      6 Weeks Post Op!

      My world is drastically different! I now walk 3 to 4 miles a day and I’m constantly getting up to move my body! .

      I close my Apple Watch rings daily and about 4 to 6 days a week I double or triple them!

      I have been released to have all foods. When I reintroduce some I need to start at 1 ounce to see how “Tiny Tummy” likes it!

      I am not reintroducing sugars, coffee or junk! I did not pay close to $13,000 to fail! .

      I went to get follow up bloodwork done this week and my numbers are all in the perfect range! .

      This is my new world and I am happy it!

      · 3 replies
      1. Poergierm

        http://oddershedelorentzen42.xtgem.com/

      2. Niz

        https://eggharborfesthaus.com/proton-pack-storage-rack.html

      3. Arabesque

        Congratulations. It’s a great feeling when the weight disappears & you can start to do so much more. 😁

    • ms.sss

      @DaisyChainOz, @Arabesque ... am totally thinking of both of you this very moment as I watch the final set of the Millman-Federer match at the AO... I am riveted and literally screaming at the TV...
      · 3 replies
      1. ms.sss

        BEST. TIEBREAK. EVER.

      2. DaisyChainOz

        haha unfortunately I missed it! Glad you enjoyed though :D

      3. Arabesque

        I didn’t see it either but I wish I had now for both the battle on court & the ball tampering accusations flying around everywhere now.

    • OutbackJo

      Has anyone had a gastric sleeve revision? 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mousiana

      Hate thinking about foods I used to love... Burgers & wings. Gotta stay focused. 😤
      · 2 replies
      1. WilliamZef

        https://gayxxx24.com - GayXXX Free Gay Porn Movies & Videos Free Gay XXX - Gay XXX.

      2. Lyndor

        Think about all you will gain. Seriously, nothing is better than my size 4 jeans!

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×