Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 06/22/2018 at 15:39, BurpeeZombie said:

Hi all. Im late to the party but my VSG surgery date is 8/23! It’s going to take me some time to read through all 58 pages of this thread but I wanted to say hi! I’m in the midst of some serious second guessing. Yesterday I felt hungry and was sad thinking about how I might never feel that again. Weird, I know.
Welcome to the group! I’m in August too. From what I’ve read it sound completely normal to have second thoughts and doubts. I’m sure I’ll get there too.

Ok I saw brownies mentioned. That is my actual weakness. The only reason I defaulted to ice cream is because I force myself not to think about brownies!!!

On 06/22/2018 at 16:56, Chrisb428 said:

sugar free popcicles, then thats the last idea i got...lol

I eat them sometimes but I don’t exactly chew them, lol. I bought like 4 boxes just for this diet 😂😂😂

Day 5 complete. This diet is getting harder for me. Not because I’m hungry, but because apparently my stomach has shrank more than I thought. It’s getting harder for me to drink the Protein. Takes me a longer time to consume it because I’m so full. Then I just feel uncomfortable afterward 😩 Just 3 more days of full liquids then 2 of Clear Liquids

On 06/21/2018 at 22:40, ALFxRNY said:

I finished up day 4 as well! The hardest thing is having to cook for someone else or just be around the food knowing you can’t nibble at it. I’m not even hungry, I just want to chew something so bad 😩 hang in there! We are almost there, and then we will have to force these shakes and liquids down
I'm lucky enough not to have to cook for anyone but being around the food.... Ugh. But, it is getting better. Not hungry either, but sometines I smell something and the tummy growls at me. 11 days to go.

On 06/22/2018 at 13:27, Ylime said:

@sdcheesehead - Tell me what your dieter's hell looks like. Mine would be working in an ice cream factory!

Omg, I would be in true he'll at your work. We have very generous employers. They're always buying pizza, donuts, Panera bread/ muffins, having different offs (last one was chili) and every Thursday and Friday each department is ordering out. I can say no to most stuff but it's the scents that get me and my tummy growling. I'm on my 2 week pre op diet and haven't strayed, so happy with my willpower, since there's nothing I can do.

Oh food is seductive, I have listened to its siren song . Like many others I am now a work in progress, reforming myself into something new, wonderful and smaller. So what if I am now on a diet that would barely keep a hamster alive? It is for a good cause-ME and MY FUTURE! I've done so many,other things in life,now it is time to do something to benefit Frustr8 herself. And by gum, by golly,i am going to stick to,my and see it through. Watch my smoke, I am now going to jet through the rest of my,life instead of plodding along. varoom -baby-🚀 varoom!

On 06/22/2018 at 23:42, ALFxRNY said:

Day 5 complete. This diet is getting harder for me. Not because I’m hungry, but because apparently my stomach has shrank more than I thought. It’s getting harder for me to drink the Protein. Takes me a longer time to consume it because I’m so full. Then I just feel uncomfortable afterward 😩 Just 3 more days of full liquids then 2 of clear liquids
I'm having the same problem. Yesterday only got 2 of 3 shakes I'm suppose to get down. Just a few more days, is what I keep telling myself.

On 06/23/2018 at 09:08, sdcheesehead said:

I'm having the same problem. Yesterday only got 2 of 3 shakes I'm suppose to get down. Just a few more days, is what I keep telling myself.
I really had to force that 3rd shake down. It’s a new day and I’m still not hungry but I know that I have to do the 3 shakes. They also wanted me to do 2 yogurts but I can only stomach 1 yogurt a day with the shakes. Day 6 now, I’m on full liquids until Monday and then Tuesday and Wednesday are clear liquids only. Wishing you the best, we’ve got this...even if we have to come here and cry about it sometimes, lol

On 06/23/2018 at 08:39, sdcheesehead said:

I'm lucky enough not to have to cook for anyone but being around the food.... Ugh. But, it is getting better. Not hungry either, but sometines I smell something and the tummy growls at me. 11 days to go.
It’s to a point that the smell of food makes me nauseous for some reason. Like I have to leave the room until the smell airs out. And I can’t lie, I’m a little cranky because I miss the ability to chew 😩 and if one more person calls me talking about the delicious meal they just had I’m going to explode! 🤯

On 06/22/2018 at 18:49, Ylime said:

Ok I saw brownies mentioned. That is my actual weakness. The only reason I defaulted to ice cream is because I force myself not to think about brownies!!!
I also love brownies, and here I am being awful because my goodness brownies with ice cream is such a delicious treat. I have to stop, no need to torment myself 🙃

On 06/23/2018 at 08:46, sdcheesehead said:

Omg, I would be in true he'll at your work. We have very generous employers. They're always buying pizza, donuts, Panera bread/ muffins, having different offs (last one was chili) and every Thursday and Friday each department is ordering out. I can say no to most stuff but it's the scents that get me and my tummy growling. I'm on my 2 week pre op diet and haven't strayed, so happy with my willpower, since there's nothing I can do.
I’d die, like all of that stuff sounds amazing right now. But I’m glad you’ve been able to stay on the straight and narrow. I’ve had people telling me it’s okay to cheat a little. I’m like “nope, I take this surgery and this diet very seriously. I will not cheat!” And I haven’t, I’m proud really, lol

@alfxrny I’m on day 4

On 06/23/2018 at 09:38, JayBSoFla said:

@alfxrny I’m on day 4
Has it gotten any easier for you?

Not at all, and I keep getting headaches which I would normally take alieve for but I’m stuck with Tylenol