Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 06/21/2018 at 17:40, sentaric said:

No she said if needed they would prescribe something

I guess i will pick up gas x to have on hand just in case

I have learned so much for everyone in here ❤️❤️
I picked up the mint chewables, wanted the strips but it seems they have been discontinued. And I’ve learned from everyone here too. I love it here, it’s like a big supportive family 😊♥️

cb 1986 tis me, your friendly old as the hills poster. Anesthesia and sedation is pretty cool these days. Not at all like the bad old days when you puked until you swore your toenails were going be next thing coming out. A sisterly FYI, ask for the antinauesea patch, goes behind your ear, works as smooth as A hot knife through butter. You might get a little blurry vision afterwards, most people don't, but you weren't going to perform brain surgery for a few days anyway. Oh I'm not going to say there is no chance for nausea, but 8 to 5 you won't and those are ok odds at the track. Dread is usually worse than the actual thing, and bariatric surgery is one,of the v smoother ones around. You want it to go nice and easy, well surprise they,do too and the whole staff is devoted to making that happen . Do you think they want you telling your friends Dr Whopplemeir and Blessed Confusion Hospital. are a,bunch of total idiots. Nope, they care about you but they also care a lot for their reputation and budget, every goes good, you praise them and the money keeps coming in. Something,goes bad and you tell people, the revenues fall off. Well that's how things go in the world these days.
If surgery was such a fearsome thing I wouldn't be a candidate myself. Yep you heard right, I'm having surgery also. At the great or bad age of 72, depending on your viewpoint I will be receiving a RnY bypass at OSU in Columbus Ohio. And I sincerely believe it will make a wonderful change in my,life, I am being given a good chance of living long enough to be a nuisance to my family and the Western World. I came into third world screaming and with red hair, hair is still red and I'm not leaving without a fight. I still can influence the world🌏if I'm given a chance! Hang around, the best is yet to be, come watch with me!👍😛

I am scheduled for a gastric sleeve on July 3 and still wondering if I’m making the right decision, but my knees are giving out so I need to act fast.

I’m on day 3 of my all Protein Shake diet. 11 more to go. Sigh!

@Cb1986, it’s scary going under for the first time but anesthesia has come a long way. You should be just fine. [emoji846]

6 hours ago, Ylime said:

@Chrisb428 -

Look for the magnifying glass at the bottom of the app - that’s your search function. After clicking that enter your search term in the box at the top of the page. You can search for people, keywords, or hashtags. Under the search box you’ll see additional filters for your search. As an example, say you are searching for the term gastric sleeve. Once those results appear you can view just people who have that term in their name or the hashtags associated with that term.

I’ve been using IG for a long time - check out my page and pics and you’ll get a feel for what you can do. I'm @i.am.emily.m

Thank you very much! I was nosey and went back through yours. Your life is more interesting than mine...lol

2 hours ago, newmebithebypass said:

Guys this is not a drill I repeat not a drill I was cleared by my nutritionist today so once I get that call for my final with my surgeon as long as I am down 5.5 pounds losers bench here I come

Congrats, good luck weighing in!

Hi all, I've completed 4 of my required 6 visits with the PCP. Completed all the bloodwork, cardiology assessment, psychological assessment, chest xray and breathing test results to be forwarded to the pulmonary Dr. for assessment. Scheduled next week for the UGI and the first nutritional consult. I am concerned that I've only lost 7 lbs since starting. I'm trying to be careful but but want to lose more before I see the bariatric surgeon again in August. Probably won't be able to have surgery until October or November. That would be okay tho as my sister will be here for the winter and helping me. She is an RN.....

Day 3 of the week of liquid before surgery and I feel miserable! 😩

Day 3 of the week of liquid before surgery and I feel miserable! [emoji30]

We’re on the same schedule. I’m counting on it getting easier in the next few days. I’m already sick of the Protein Shakes.

Hang in there,@JayBSoFla !

Day 3 of the week of [mention=342504]JayBSoFla[/mention] !

Well I messed something up there. I’m on day 3 too and counting on it getting easier. Hang in there!

Are you scheduled for the 26th or 27th?

6 hours ago, Suesloosinit said:

Well dang he did it again, Ive had to change my date from August 31st to September 28th...Im not changing it again. Sorry Ylime hope your spreadsheet will let you change it again lol I think September is in the Summer?!?!?!?

Since I grew up in the midwest I believe in Indian Summer. And now in Colorado it's just damn hot in September. So yeah...September is still Summer!

4 hours ago, Suesloosinit said:

LOL Thank you =) Im thinking of Jello balls and surgery dates this afternoon...I think I need to go lie down lol This is a funny group =)

You know how tv episodes always have funny titles? "On tonight's episode of Summer Surgery Buddies...jello balls and surgery dates."

4 hours ago, LindyPablo said:

Hi all,

I’m scheduled for RNY on July 10. Started pre-op diet today. I’m irritable and exhausted lol... gonna be tough to get through these three weeks!

You have a 3 week pre-op??? UGH. Hang in there!!!

On 06/21/2018 at 18:45, libbyleeb said:

I am scheduled for a gastric sleeve on July 3 and still wondering if I’m making the right decision, but my knees are giving out so I need to act fast.

I’m on day 3 of my all Protein Shake diet. 11 more to go. Sigh!

Don’t second guess yourself! You’ve gone through this process for a reason! You’ve got this! Best wishes!