Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll: What is your goal?

I’m curious! :)

What is your goal weight? How tall are you? How much weight do you have to lose? What is your proudest NSV?

For those of you who have met your goal weight: How many pounds have you lost? How long did it take to reach your goal?

I’m 5’2”, starting at 240ish pounds, with an ultimate goal weight of 130 :)

My goal is 170....which is a little lower than what what my doc set it at. After my metabolic analysis, they determined that at 172-178 pounds I would have 30% body fat...which is what they like to aim for because it's a conservative normal body fat level for someone in their 40's. If they were to go by BMI, my weight goal would be lower...but since BMI is very arbitrary and doesn't reflect true body fat to muscle ratio....they prefer metabolic analysis.

Truthfully, my big goal was to achieve normal blood pressure without meds, have normal blood glucose, and resolve my leg edema....and I've done all of these :) My other big goal is to live the rest of my life under 200 pounds. Anything else is a bonus. I did a lot of hunt seat riding competitions at 170 and was in the best shape of my life. I think there's a good chance I'll see that number again:)

But I would not want to dip below it. I'm a big framed muscular girl and start to look unhealthy under 170.

Proudest non-scale victory....getting gorgeous calves back. My hubby used to complement my legs all the time and admired them....and when I got edema in my lower legs it was really disheartening. Looking forward to wearing shorts and showing them off:) Recently got back into my old tall riding boots...which was pretty cool:)

I am 5ft 2in too. However my heaviest weight was 260-265. My first consult I weighed in at 255. My surgery (3-22-18) weight was 243. So I am really just starting out. My personal goal weight is 150. My dr on the other hand says I can get down to 130. I am currently 220. My proudest moment is when I went completely off drinking cokes!!! Hardest thing I have done

I am still very much pre-op, my initial appointment with the surgeon isn't until 9th May. I am 155cms (about 5ft1) and weigh 95kgs (about 210lbs). I would be happy if I reached anywhere between 65 to 70kgs.

My goal is 190. It may be a stretch to get there but I sure will give it everything that I have.

I didn’t set a goal weight but at 5’5 sleeve on 3-22 @283 lbs wearing a size 18/20 now @ 214 size 12/14 last check which was 2 weeks ago.. I want to look healthy and off all prescriptions but mentally and physically I think it’s what best for you. If people didn’t know you before and you were a size 4 or 6 they would think you are okay but it’s people who you know who look at you differently so get to your happy spot

I'm around 5'2", my heighest weight was 124kg (BMI 51, clothing size 24/26) early last year, i was 121kg when I made the decision in February this year that I I wanted to get a gastric sleeve. I'm currently 115kg BMI 46 and two weeks away from my gastric sleeve date. I hope to drop another 5-10kg in my remaining 15 days of pre op VLCD (hoping to match my 6'3" husband's 106kg by surgery day!) as I've heard the better you can do in the lead up to the op, the better you do with post op weight loss.

My initial target is 60kg. That is just under half my highest weight! I think the normal range BMI for my height is 50-60kg but my genetics make for very solid thighs and calves and heavy busts. I'll probably be carrying at least a few kilos of excess skin at that weight too and will be looking at skin removal and breast reduction and uplift.

Some non scale victories I have planned are fitting into my wedding dress (size 16) and my year 12 formal dress (size 12 I think) which my mum apparently still has. Plus I want to be at a comfortable size to get a fishing kayak and work to beat my severe sea sickness with perseverance and my love for fishing.

Edited by Taoz

My goal weight is 185 lbs. I am 5'8. My all time highest was 289 lbs. I had surgery on March 19 and my weight was 263. This morning I was 237 lbs. I have 52 lbs to go to hit goal.

I'm 5'2 as well, started at 236. Current weight is 221. I'd like to get down to 130, but I'd feel successful if I got down to 160.

I'm 5ft 3in. Heaviest weight was 292lb. I was 262 on surgery day on January 12th. Today I'm at 208. My goal is 140lb as it's the heaviest i can weigh with a healthy BMI. My goal may change further into my journey. So far my NSVs have been things like tightening up my belt on a plane, being able to rest my head on my knees, being able to shop in something other than the plus size section... I can't wait to see what else the future has in store. ☺

I'm 5'10" and I started at 464. I'm currently at 385. I would LOVE for my weight to start with a 1, one of these days. I've got a long way to go!

I am 5'4 and I started at 332. I am currently 256lbs. I would love to be down to 140-150, but ultimately somewhere in the 1's would be great!

My greats NSV so far has been having more energy and not having to blink an eyelash when I go to pick out an outfit in my closet. It all fits, most of it too big now!

I am 5’6 and I think my goal is 150 - which is about the top of my weight range for BMI .

Greatest NSV so far is crossing legs comfortably and not having to scooooch up my pants waist to sit down - to cover stomach comfortably in pants [emoji849]

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 [emoji736] (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 [emoji736] (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 175
5’6”